Small Random Map Tournament

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

bubu13
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Small Random Map Tournament

Post by bubu13 »

Hello players,

We are conducting a mini championship trial using the game's Random Map system.
3 players (Brianjones17, Altermann52, BUBU13)on Small Continent random map.
The score counting rules are as follows, only the number of victory hexagons are taken into account at the end of the game, each player competes according to the schedule attached
Player 1 hosts the map, the map must contain 9 victory hexes, if not recreate one.
the rules of each game are simple, no command trait and no paratrooper rules.
I will use this message to keep the scoreboard up to date
Random tournament.png
Random tournament.png (20.2 KiB) Viewed 417 times
Last edited by bubu13 on Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
bubu13

Re: Small Random Map Tournament

Post by bubu13 »

first match ended after a week and the loss of a participant; we continue the test at 3
bubu13

Post by bubu13 »

second match finished, with a major victory for Alterman 52 who knew how to take advantage of a big mistake on my part, leaving an empty victory hex.
the choice of a small map gives a significant advantage to player 1 and can make the game boring confining player 2 to defend 2-3 hexes, the random side of the terrain (position of airports, rivers) having a large part of the responsibility .
The advantage is that it only lasts 20 rounds and the players' playing time is not too long.

Second point the revenge against Alterman52 (in progress) should end with the same score (I hope for me ^^) but last longer and therefore a tie on the scoreboard, which is not necessarily fair. Could we imagine a bonus for a quick win? Victory before turn 11 gives 4 points

I share here in order to communicate with my participating friends but I invite people who may be interested to give their opinions.
brianjones17
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by brianjones17 »

bubu13 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:31 am second match finished, with a major victory for Alterman 52 who knew how to take advantage of a big mistake on my part, leaving an empty victory hex.
the choice of a small map gives a significant advantage to player 1 and can make the game boring confining player 2 to defend 2-3 hexes, the random side of the terrain (position of airports, rivers) having a large part of the responsibility .
The advantage is that it only lasts 20 rounds and the players' playing time is not too long.

Second point the revenge against Alterman52 (in progress) should end with the same score (I hope for me ^^) but last longer and therefore a tie on the scoreboard, which is not necessarily fair. Could we imagine a bonus for a quick win? Victory before turn 11 gives 4 points

I share here in order to communicate with my participating friends but I invite people who may be interested to give their opinions.
This is a great concept from my friend bubu the good points are short games and return games on the same map like home and away football matches because it is a big advantage to host the game. And its good to keep a points table to show an overall winner. And finally i think a good idea for bonus points for quick victory. Thanks again to bubu for organising this small tournament.
BRIANJONES17
altermann52
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by altermann52 »

first of all, thanks to BuBu for organizing this experiment. It's fun and it doesn't cost much time. I'm not so sure about the bonus points for an early win. Because the maps are random, you can have really bad, bad luck. Why reward (or punish) one side twice?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”