Steamdeck compatibility

Moderator: Pocus

nikossaiz
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Steamdeck compatibility

Post by nikossaiz »

Steam say that empires is unsupported on steamdeck. I can verify that it plays quite well ( especially with trackpads and good key biddings, though the ui cannot not be upscaled so it s difficult to read) with the only functionality that i see not working to be exporting battles to fog2. Fog2 plays also on steamdeck, so would it be a way to have connectivity between the two on steamdeck on the future or via manual instructions??

Ps in case anybody is wondering why the f i want to play those games on a handheld is because i recently become a father so steamdeck is the only way to play in general.
Laboratorium
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Steamdeck compatibility

Post by Laboratorium »

I see no reason, why it should not work... You need no keyboard for the game and the processor and graphics usage is moderate. I play on an old thinkpad with only 2 core processor from like 12 years ago. It takes a bid for the turns to compute but not too much.

So back to steamdeck: I have a four times magnifying glasses for my handhelds. Maybe something like this can help you to read the not unimportant text messages better. I for example play civilization (psx) on my play station portable where such glasses help a lot.

Other than that: Why does exporting not work? Has it something to do with different folders? In theory if both games run, it should be possible export and import...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Steamdeck compatibility

Post by pipfromslitherine »

See this thread for details on how to (manually) play the connected battles.

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=992202

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”