Tibetan Turmoil

PeterThePainter
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Tibetan Turmoil

Post by PeterThePainter »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:32 am
GDod wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:09 pm
Sorry Brian, a player may only issue one challenge (2 if Gelug school and successful) at a time for any province bordering any of their provinces
So I can't march through my Retainers Provinces !!!
Surely they would count as MY provinces as I am the Overlord ????
Interpreting the rule in this way, it is easy to envisage a situation, towards the end of the campaign, where the leading player is surrounded by retainers and so can no longer participate in battles, if he cannot march through retainers provinces.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

PeterThePainter wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:37 am Interpreting the rule in this way, it is easy to envisage a situation, towards the end of the campaign, where the leading player is surrounded by retainers and so can no longer participate in battles, if he cannot march through retainers provinces.
I disagree Peter. I think you have already won if you're surrounded by retainers. Moreover:-
  • The number of provinces to win has been reduced to ten.
  • If Brian took YOUR home province now, he would only have to gain one more to win!
  • And as he can issue two challenges, he could win next turn by taking Qarqan or Doti!
  • You are also forgetting retainers have the ability to attack, also adding provinces to their overlord's count!
So I can't march through my Retainers Provinces !!!
Surely they would count as MY provinces as I am the Overlord ????
Come on Gavin think about it :? :? :( :(
If I capture a province it becomes mine & I can march through it, If I capture a Tribe's Home Province and have Retainers I have no access to that land ???
Seems a bit wonky to me Gavin
No, Brian, you must respect your retainers right to administer his own lands, so long as he acknowledges your over-lordship. Ultimately, they count towards your total. (Conversely, think of it as the provinces of your loyal retainer can only supply one army marching through it)

The rule remains as written
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Flushed with his recent victory over the saucy Tibetan Lord's and looking for new skulls for drinking vessels, Donyo Dorje(Alex Detrojan)invades Sengge Choros'(KiwiWarlord)province of Keriya from Qarqan province. Password: Alex
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

GDod wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:43 am No, Brian, you must respect your retainers right to administer his own lands, so long as he acknowledges your over-lordship. Ultimately, they count towards your total. (Conversely, think of it as the provinces of your loyal retainer can only supply one army marching through it)
The rule remains as written
Point taken Gavin, your ruling is respected and shall be obeyed !
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Sengge Choros'(KiwiWarlord) counter attacks and advances a Mongol horde into Qarqan, Province of Donyo Dorje (Alex) from Keriya Province.
Alex we can use the game that is set up for your Home province if that is OK with you ?
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Sengge Choros'(KiwiWarlord) advances a Mongol horde into Doti, Home Province of Karma Tenkyong (GDod) from Tian Shan
PW sent by PM
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:44 pm Sengge Choros'(KiwiWarlord) counter attacks and advances a Mongol horde into Qarqan, Province of Donyo Dorje (Alex) from Keriya Province.
Alex we can use the game that is set up for your Home province if that is OK with you ?
Ok Brian. Sounds good. 👍
PeterThePainter

PeterThePainter wrote: ↑Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:37 am
Interpreting the rule in this way, it is easy to envisage a situation, towards the end of the campaign, where the leading player is surrounded by retainers and so can no longer participate in battles, if he cannot march through retainers provinces.
I disagree Peter. I think you have already won if you're surrounded by retainers. Moreover:-
The number of provinces to win has been reduced to ten.
If Brian took YOUR home province now, he would only have to gain one more to win!
And as he can issue two challenges, he could win next turn by taking Qarqan or Doti!
You are also forgetting retainers have the ability to attack, also adding provinces to their overlord's count!

Yes very true Gavin. Clearly the contemplative Tibet mindset is at work there. I see another province and I want to capture it, I don't count the ones captured!
gort7078
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gort7078 »

As a faithful vassal I gort7078 would like to issue a challenge to GDod/Gavin forces in Tsaparang Province in a battle of Tribal Lords!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Turn my back for a minute and Tibet explodes in turmoil...most excellent! I hope I've put all the arrows in the right places
As a faithful vassal I gort7078 would like to issue a challenge to GDod/Gavin forces in Tsaparang Province in a battle of Tribal Lords!
Sengge Choros'(KiwiWarlord) advances a Mongol horde into Doti, Home Province of Karma Tenkyong (GDod) from Tian Shan
Sengge Choros'(KiwiWarlord) counter attacks and advances a Mongol horde into Qarqan, Province of Donyo Dorje (Alex) from Keriya Province.
Flushed with his recent victory over the saucy Tibetan Lord's and looking for new skulls for drinking vessels, Donyo Dorje(Alex Detrojan)invades Sengge Choros'(KiwiWarlord)province of Keriya from Qarqan province.
On the march.jpg
On the march.jpg (12.68 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Tibetan Map 09.gif
Tibetan Map 09.gif (317.23 KiB) Viewed 600 times
Last edited by GDod on Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
PeterThePainter

Erinchin Lobsang Tayiji has turned towards the setting sun and led his Mongol horde South West seeking out Mipham Palzang (lascar) in his province of Chitral. Come and do battle!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

PeterThePainter wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:44 am Erinchin Lobsang Tayiji has turned towards the setting sun and led his Mongol horde South West seeking out Mipham Palzang (lascar) in his province of Chitral. Come and do battle!
On the march.jpg
On the march.jpg (12.68 KiB) Viewed 603 times
Tibetan Map 10.gif
Tibetan Map 10.gif (324.08 KiB) Viewed 603 times
fybyyn
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by fybyyn »

Regrouped from the mountains, we decided to try to recover the land ceded to our enemies, PeterThepainter prepare for the fight in Samana from Karor!!
:twisted:
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

fybyyn wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:39 pm Regrouped from the mountains, we decided to try to recover the land ceded to our enemies, PeterThepainter prepare for the fight in Samana from Karor!!
Clearly, it would seem a Tibetan nationalist fervor is spreading throughout the land
On the march.jpg
On the march.jpg (12.68 KiB) Viewed 566 times
Tibetan Map 11.gif
Tibetan Map 11.gif (331.12 KiB) Viewed 566 times
PeterThePainter

fybyyn wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:39 pm Regrouped from the mountains, we decided to try to recover the land ceded to our enemies, PeterThepainter prepare for the fight in Samana from Karor!!
Don't forget to launch the battle!
fybyyn

Post by fybyyn »

Yes, don't worry, the boys are saying goodbye to their girlfriends and relatives... as soon as I can I'll send you a private message with the password
PeterThePainter

fybyyn wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:30 am Yes, don't worry, the boys are saying goodbye to their girlfriends and relatives... as soon as I can I'll send you a private message with the password
I don't allow any of that. Bad for morale it encourages the idea that they might not be coming back, treat it as another day in the office, capture another province, back home by tea time.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

fybyyn wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:30 am Yes, don't worry, the boys are saying goodbye to their girlfriends and relatives... as soon as I can I'll send you a private message with the password
We just take them with us as arrow fodder :twisted:
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:44 pm Sengge Choros'(KiwiWarlord) counter attacks and advances a Mongol horde into Qarqan, Province of Donyo Dorje (Alex) from Keriya Province.
Qarqan Province Captured by Sengge Choros (KiwiWarlord)
Western Mongols 14% Tibetan Rebels 42%
QarQan Province.png
QarQan Province.png (775.95 KiB) Viewed 512 times
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Senge Choros, Prince of Dzungar (KiwiWarlord) sends a Mongol Horde from QarQan Province to invade Rutog, the Home Province of Donyo Dorje (AlexDetrojan)
PW same as previous.

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”