Tibetan Turmoil

GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Tibetan Turmoil

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:50 am Gavin I have just completed a challenge and will post the results sometime soon.
A question for you re my challenges, if I declare a challenge (first) then get a successful 50%+ to declare a second challenge (second) so have two games on the go.
I complete my first challenge but still have the second on the go (my 50% challenge), am I able to declare another challenge now ?
Thanks, your befuddled Sengge Choros
You may declare another challenge as another second challenge but if you fail you may not try again until your ongoing challenge is complete. I think this is fair.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Sengge Choros, Prince of Dzungar (KiwiWarlord) sends a Mongol Horde to assault the Fortress of Rutog, within the Home Province of Donyo Dorje (AlexDetrojan)
The assault has been very successful and Donyo Doreje is now a Retainer of Sengge Choros
Note that during the struggle both CnC's were struck down in duels !
The very low ranked Mongol Sub General Bujir with a D Rating of 2, struck down the Tribal Rebel CnC.

In any battle if either a CinC is killed in battle and they lose the battle, the tribe surrenders to the winning clan and becomes their retainer and they change their school to the new tribe’s school.

4,744 Western Mongols ( 0% ) capture the Fortress of Rutog from the Tribal Rebels ( 46% )
Donyo Dorje ( AlexDetrojan ) is now a Retainer of Sengge Choros ( KiwiWarlord )

Fortress Assault Rutog Province .png
Fortress Assault Rutog Province .png (830.12 KiB) Viewed 536 times
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Erinchin Lobsang is challenged for the control of my former province of Purig by Donyo Dorje. Pw: Alex. As a now loyal retainer of my beneficent Lord Sengge Choros', I am commanded to drive you hence from my former lands. 🙂
PeterThePainter
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PeterThePainter »

GDod wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:40 am
KiwiWarlord wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:50 am Gavin I have just completed a challenge and will post the results sometime soon.
A question for you re my challenges, if I declare a challenge (first) then get a successful 50%+ to declare a second challenge (second) so have two games on the go.
I complete my first challenge but still have the second on the go (my 50% challenge), am I able to declare another challenge now ?
Thanks, your befuddled Sengge Choros
You may declare another challenge as another second challenge but if you fail you may not try again until your ongoing challenge is complete. I think this is fair.
The great Prince of Tsang dispenses wisdom like an elderly teacher.
PeterThePainter

AlexDetrojan wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:43 pm Erinchin Lobsang is challenged for the control of my former province of Purig by Donyo Dorje. Pw: Alex. As a now loyal retainer of my beneficent Lord Sengge Choros', I am commanded to drive you hence from my former lands. 🙂
The province is now mine because you were deemed not worthy to rule it, you can't just come and take it back. We are currently encouraging (that may not be an exact translation) the residents of Purig to enjoy the holiday we have granted them to celebrate their liberation so will not be able to administer a suitable battlefield rebuke for a few days yet. We have however noted your request and will deal with it in due course. You could always tell Lord Sengge Choros to do his own dirty work and leave the peasants of Purig in peace, they have earned the right to party!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

PeterThePainter wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:15 pm
AlexDetrojan wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:43 pm Erinchin Lobsang is challenged for the control of my former province of Purig by Donyo Dorje. Pw: Alex. As a now loyal retainer of my beneficent Lord Sengge Choros', I am commanded to drive you hence from my former lands. 🙂
The province is now mine because you were deemed not worthy to rule it, you can't just come and take it back. We are currently encouraging (that may not be an exact translation) the residents of Purig to enjoy the holiday we have granted them to celebrate their liberation so will not be able to administer a suitable battlefield rebuke for a few days yet. We have however noted your request and will deal with it in due course. You could always tell Lord Sengge Choros to do his own dirty work and leave the peasants of Purig in peace, they have earned the right to party!
Turn my back for a few days and Buddha's children are all at each others throats yet again. Shame on you all!
Please note
Sengge Choros is now dead. his son now rules. Donyo Dorje is also now dead and his son is now King of Beri. He has now changed his school to Gelug. No chance of rebellion :cry: but he may now try to issue yet another challenge :D
Tibetan Map 16.gif
Tibetan Map 16.gif (345.59 KiB) Viewed 508 times
I've corrected place standings to show a more accurate account of player's true position in relation to others.
Latest Province Count.png
Latest Province Count.png (44.12 KiB) Viewed 506 times
PeterThePainter

GDod wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:29 am
Please note
Sengge Choros is now dead. his son now rules. Donyo Dorje is also now dead and his son is now King of Beri. He has now changed his school to Gelug. No chance of rebellion :cry: but he may now try to issue yet another challenge :D [/i]
Youngsters! that explains it no respect for the old traditions.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

GDod wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:04 am The Prince of Tsang (GDod) lays claim to the province of Tian Shan, which is being held illegally by Sengge Choros (KiwiWarlord), the Mongolian Prince of the Dzungar.

General

There are no turns but a player may only issue one challenge at a time for any province bordering any of their provinces until the result is posted.

Acceptance is posted once the challenge has been posted. (Open battle, large armies, wide, pot luck terrain)
Gavin you set the game up as per the Rules..........." Pot Luck Terrain " so no complaining about the terrain please.
It is only Home Provinces that have Agricultural, Tian Shan is not my Home Province.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:08 am ...no complaining about the terrain please...
Whether, pot luck or agricultural, when the majority of the field is steep hills and forests, which are a superior dismounted swordsmen's playground, I'm entitled to an occasional feeling of melancholy.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Tibetan - Prince of Tsang has failed to take the mongol province of Tian shan.
While The Tibetan force ardently pursued the retreating Mongols and stormed their dominating steep hill stronghold, darkness and a depleted force worked together to ensure the mongols retained the field. Having achieved a pyrrhic victory over the Tibetans, they continue to hammer the Tibetan fortress, which cannot hold out much longer. This will surely end the campaign as there seems to be no way of stopping the mongol hordes of Sengge Choros's heir .
Tibetan Map 17.gif
Tibetan Map 17.gif (350.15 KiB) Viewed 471 times
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

GDod wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:05 am Whether, pot luck or agricultural, when the majority of the field is steep hills and forests, which are a superior dismounted swordsmen's playground, I'm entitled to an occasional feeling of melancholy.
I had the complete opposite in the previous campaign when Snuggles attacked my province of Otomi.
As I had to be beaten to lose Otomi I was hoping for some good rough wooded/hilly terrain as it was 'Pot Luck' but Gavin guess what ?
There was no terrain ........ a flat plain !!!! I was flabbergasted !!!
You played with much skill and had a great battle plan sweeping around to the rear then advancing on my ( I thought impregnable ) high hill surround with steep slops then booted me off !!!!!
You also spotted my ambush in the woods on my baseline and cleared that !!!
I thought that I was a goner for some considerable time.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The Tibetan fortress of the Prince of Tsang has fallen and they have become retainers. This ends the campaign as the mongol hordes of Sengge Choros's heir has now achieved 10 provinces.

While a couple of battles are still to be completed, the outcomes will not alter the final result. Although, please complete and post the results of the ongoing games

Congratulations to Brian. Well done to everyone and particularly those valiant Tibetans who attempted to stop the mongol hordes.
Tibetan Map 18.gif
Tibetan Map 18.gif (350.05 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Final Province Count.png
Final Province Count.png (45.4 KiB) Viewed 467 times
PeterThePainter

GDod wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:16 am The Tibetan fortress of the Prince of Tsang has fallen and they have become retainers. This ends the campaign as the mongol hordes of Sengge Choros's heir has now achieved 10 provinces.

While a couple of battles are still to be completed, the outcomes will not alter the final result. Although, please complete and post the results of the ongoing games

Congratulations to Brian. Well done to everyone and particularly those valiant Tibetans who attempted to stop the mongol hordes.
Tibetan Map 18.gif
Final Province Count.png
Congratulations to the Son of Sengge Chronos your father's bravery in repeatedly attacking home provinces was rewarded, although not in his lifetime. Let us hope the children are grateful for the sacrifices of their parents.

As an aside have the Mongols lost a battle in this event?
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

GDod wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:16 am The Tibetan fortress of the Prince of Tsang has fallen and they have become retainers. This ends the campaign as the mongol hordes of Sengge Choros's heir has now achieved 10 provinces.
Gavin you are losing the plot my friend..................
Here is my challenge to your Home Province, note "your Home Province"
Phase One is now complete and we now proceed to Phase Two.

Tibetan Turmoil
Post by KiwiWarlord » 26 Feb 2023 18:04
Sengge Choros'(KiwiWarlord) advances a Mongol horde into Doti, Home Province of Karma Tenkyong (GDod) from Tian Shan
PW sent by PM

Attacking a Home Province (a two phase battle process)

First phase is an open battle, large armies, wide map, agricultural (Attacker sets up battle)

If the defender loses then the siege of the fortress begins

This is an open battle (forts are pointless), small armies, narrow map, hilly terrain (Defender sets up battle

So the Turmoil of the Tibetans is far from over Gavin, please set up Phase Two.
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

PeterThePainter wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:49 pm
As an aside have the Mongols lost a battle in this event?
Well, I suppose we lost a province without a battle and at least to another Mongol :D
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:06 am
Gavin you are losing the plot my friend..................
Here is my challenge to your Home Province, note "your Home Province"
Phase One is now complete and we now proceed to Phase Two.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough Brian, I surrendered the phase one battle and my province.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

GDod wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:07 am Maybe I wasn't clear enough Brian, I surrendered the phase one battle and my province.
Oh, I did not realise that you had totally surrendered.
I have not looked at the last move and seen you comments, will do so right now.
apologies.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Ok so the terrain was the main problem for you Gavin, too many woods & hills in the Agricultural setting.
I would have to agree that many of the battlefields in the Agricultural Setting have far too much hilly & wood covered areas.
As I posted I have had one Plain in the last two Campaigns where 'Pot Luck' was the setting.
I don't know how the other players have fared in their games.

It is a pity that these brilliant campaigns of yours have been let down by the random terrain generator.
Maybe a simple rules change, such as the Player who sets up chooses Pot Luck or Steppes ?
If Defending a Fortress then the Fortress Player can choose anything except Mountains ?

Gavin please do not get despondent, your ideas,sense of humour, your graphics,campaign ideas and your management of these Team Events are superb.
All done in your spare time from a full on job.

The School Holidays are approaching so you will have some time to contemplate your next Masterpiece for the Sengoku Jidai gamers of this world.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

... your ideas,sense of humour, your graphics,campaign ideas and your management of these Team Events are superb....Totally agree. Although quite frankly I suck at SJ , I get immense pleasure from playing these campaigns.(side note, never pick Tribal Rebels 😉) As a possible suggestion for a new campaign, I was thinking the Wokou pirates and Koxinga's pirate army. They(the Wokou) basically fight against everybody, so choice of armies would be good. Just my two cents worth. 🙂
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:48 am Ok so the terrain was the main problem for you Gavin, too many woods & hills in the Agricultural setting.
I would have to agree that many of the battlefields in the Agricultural Setting have far too much hilly & wood covered areas...
I think the problem lies with the Western Mongol army list as well. The dismounted mongols as sup bow swordsmen are numerous and formidable. Moreover, the units are too large for the Tibetans to make any sort of impression. Basically, you have to get five or six units firing at close range to make any sort of impression on them. And then they disorder infrequently. Even less of an impression when a general is attached.
In hindsight, I failed to play test them and I should have discounted them as an option as they dominated every game. Never mind.. we are now wiser and better equipped to engineer more effective campaigns in the future.

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”