OoB Open Tournament - February 2023

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Verdere
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: OoB Open Tournament - February 2023

Post by Verdere »

Hi all. If my opponent doesn't make a single move at all in a round, what will happen to my score? So far I can not contact him and according to his story everything is bad. Shank669
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Verdere wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:45 pm Hi all. If my opponent doesn't make a single move at all in a round, what will happen to my score? So far I can not contact him and according to his story everything is bad. Shank669
If your opponent doesn't play then you'll be awarded the victory, the full bye score (90 points per game in this tournament) and your opponent will be removed from future games in this tournament
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

rth wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:39 pm very exciting our fight
I think I'm getting closer, the question will be who has more reserves at the end
153 points each... Quite the game!
Verdere

Post by Verdere »

Shards wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:11 am

If your opponent doesn't play then you'll be awarded the victory, the full bye score (90 points per game in this tournament) and your opponent will be removed from future games in this tournament
Understood thanks
rth
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by rth »

next round February 19 ?
that's a Sunday... you've never done it before
rth

Post by rth »

we've had a tie before

thanks for the quick game too
and it was exciting until the end, luckily for me 2 laps longer and my HQ bunker would have been in danger
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

I can play as British but can't play the mirror game as Russian. When submitting the turn an error message comes up as connection error. I've emailed support@slitherine.co.uk but haven't had a response.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

GDod wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:18 pm I can play as British but can't play the mirror game as Russian. When submitting the turn an error message comes up as connection error. I've emailed support@slitherine.co.uk but haven't had a response.
We reset the game for a couple of users with a similar issue, but it needs a database guy. I'll chase it up on Monday when people are in the office
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Shards wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:27 pm
GDod wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:18 pm I can play as British but can't play the mirror game as Russian. When submitting the turn an error message comes up as connection error. I've emailed support@slitherine.co.uk but haven't had a response.
We reset the game for a couple of users with a similar issue, but it needs a database guy. I'll chase it up on Monday when people are in the office
No worries, I'll pass this on to my opponent. Cheers
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Hello,

I'm definitely not lucky in the OOB's tournaments first round 😢

The last two i had no opponent and this one i have an opponent (mjkaye66) but he doesn't play (at least he has'nt played until the start of the games)

mjkaye66, if you pass by this forum please play.

Thanks
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AdmiralYamamoto »

There are an awful lot of no-shows in this first round. Would it be possible to reseat the 28 players with zeros so that some more matches could be played? Can you tell which players have at least setup in one game and pair them up? You could then pair up those who have not taken any turns in case they finally show up. There is probably still sufficient time left for most of these reseeded games to be played to completion. Or maybe the deadline could be extended a couple of days. Otherwise you are going to end up with a whole bunch of 180 scores from all these unplayed games. Just a thought.
Admiral Yamamoto
rth

Post by rth »

gute Idee,
sollte die Anzahl der Spieler ungerade sein, stelle ich mich bereit ein 2. Spiel zu machen, selbstverständlich außer Wertung für mich
meine 153 Punkte aus dem ersten bleiben bestehen

good idea,
if the number of players is odd, I'm willing to play a second game, of course without scoring for me
my 153 points from the first remain
weizhinaihe
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by weizhinaihe »

Suddenly can't connect to the server :shock:

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Thanks for the report. I'll ask the team to check
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

AdmiralYamamoto wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:49 pm There are an awful lot of no-shows in this first round. Would it be possible to reseat the 28 players with zeros so that some more matches could be played? Can you tell which players have at least setup in one game and pair them up? You could then pair up those who have not taken any turns in case they finally show up. There is probably still sufficient time left for most of these reseeded games to be played to completion. Or maybe the deadline could be extended a couple of days. Otherwise you are going to end up with a whole bunch of 180 scores from all these unplayed games. Just a thought.
We did add extra days to the round to try to cope with this...

We're also going to be sending out a reminder email to people to encourage them to get their game on. I'm concerned a few might be new players who don't have their email config set up
weizhinaihe

Post by weizhinaihe »

Shards wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:12 am Thanks for the report. I'll ask the team to check
Thinks~ After lots of trials I finally connect to the server and play my turns, but this error message appeals about 10 times and I guess maybe something really happens in the connection :?
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

I agree to redistribute the games among the present players of course
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

GDod wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:32 am
Your game should be reset now
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Shards wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:41 am
GDod wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:32 am

Your game should be reset now
Reset is fine Shards. Thanks for the help.
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AdmiralYamamoto »

amenhotep13 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:12 pm I agree to redistribute the games among the present players of course
Hello Amenhotep13. Are you interested in playing a mirror match of the round 1 scenario against me since it does not look like our opponents in the tournament are going to show up? I will send you a private message with my E-mail if you want to discuss further. Admiral Yamamoto
Admiral Yamamoto

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”