OoB Open Tournament - February 2023

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Uchmunduk
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: OoB Open Tournament - February 2023

Post by Uchmunduk »

Verdere wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:45 pm Hi all. If my opponent doesn't make a single move at all in a round, what will happen to my score? So far I can not contact him and according to his story everything is bad. Shank669
Hi. Its "сlassic". Sad, but tru. My opponents make two move and... i not have new turn six days.
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

AdmiralYamamoto wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:26 pm
amenhotep13 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:12 pm I agree to redistribute the games among the present players of course
Hello Amenhotep13. Are you interested in playing a mirror match of the round 1 scenario against me since it does not look like our opponents in the tournament are going to show up? I will send you a private message with my E-mail if you want to discuss further. Admiral Yamamoto
Hello AdmiralYamamoto,

YES, of course 🙂
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AdmiralYamamoto »

OK Amenhotep. I have created a couple of private challenges for us. The password is "Admiral". I also sent you a private message. Feel free to join this challenge at your earliest convenience.
Admiral Yamamoto
pupski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by pupski »

Pooh, I did interpret the situation a bit wrong in the first match, still curious if I will get fully slaughtered or that any unit manages to survive. Nice scenario when you play it right I think, my opponent even received an bomber, so cool!
CC
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by CC »

Hallo,
thank you all for organizing this!
However my oponent does not react anymore with 2 or 3 rounds to go?
Any idea, how to move forward?
Greetings
CC
CC

Post by CC »

Hallo,
thank you all for organizing this!
However my oponent does not react anymore with 2 or 3 rounds to go?
Any idea, how to move forward?
Greetings
CC
pupski

Post by pupski »

Sometimes players won't play or finish their games. If you played your turns and your opponent won't play you get bonus points when the deadline for the match is reached. It depends on how much turns are left I think but the exact number of points is a mystery to me. In this situation I would guess 20 to 25 points per played side, maybe a bit less with only a few turns left. Still two days to go...
pupski

Post by pupski »

Also sometimes something goed wrong and you won't receive turn updates by email like what happened to me with my recent FOG Medieval tournament ( I noticed after 3 days) so be sure to check in game as well.
weizhinaihe

Post by weizhinaihe »

pupski wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:56 am Also sometimes something goed wrong and you won't receive turn updates by email like what happened to me with my recent FOG Medieval tournament ( I noticed after 3 days) so be sure to check in game as well.
It looks like I missed some emails and found turn updates nearly three days later too :shock: . Thanks for finishing the rest turn quickly and avoiding a unfinished round.
pupski

Post by pupski »

Yes, I couldn't believe you would want to miss the chance for the final kill :-)
rth
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by rth »

Hallo
22 games not even started,
another 22 games not finished the evening before the end of the round,

and that although a week more time was given

for me it was the wrong way

so you might annoy the players who are really still interested in the game

I would be for an entry fee

giving back certainly makes too much work for the organizers at the end of the tournament,

but how about a fee is yours, but 5-7 round tournament

we players have more for some money
and you have a small income for fewer players in the statistics

22 Spiele erst gar nicht begonnen,
weitere 22 Spiele am Abend vor Rundenende nicht fertig,

und das obwohl eine Woche mehr Zeit gegeben wurde

für mich war das der falsche Weg,

so verärgert man vielleicht die Spieler die wirklich noch Interesse am Spiel haben

ich wäre für eine Startgebühr,

zurück geben macht sicherlich für die Organisatoren zu viel Arbeit, bei Beendigung es Turniers ,

aber wie wäre es Gebühr bleibt Euch, dafür 5-7 Rundenturnier

wir Spieler haben mehr für etwas Geld
und Ihr habt eine kleine Einnahme für weniger Spielerzahlen in der Statistik
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

I am not in favor of a fee to play in a tournament but there could be some harsher punishment for players not playing. Maybe a suspension from future tournament participation for a year or something like that. I also think that the rules and expectations for participating in a tournament be clearly stated at sign up for the tournament. Maybe something like the typical "Read This First" text which must be acknowledged before joining. These rules should include instructions on how to contact someone if there are issues with started a game. I suspect that some new players do not know how to sign in to the forum or use the private message system and therefore cannot even tell anyone that they have an issue.
Admiral Yamamoto
omistaja

Post by omistaja »

One solution could be 3 brackets for the first battle:
1st for those who have finished their tournaments
2nd for those who have their first tournament
3rd for those who have abandoned battle (after 2-3 finished tournament one could me moved back to 1st bracket.

I think this is not unfair, as the rule is only effective on the first round.
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Hello Shards.

There is still a glitch in the tournament standing spreadsheet. It once again punished offended players for playing only a few turns. It also stole 3 points from all the games where the opponent was a no-show. The glitch is pretty obvious. For timed out games your formula takes the default score and subtracts the points you earned in the partial game. We all took one turn and got 3 points subtracted from our 180 points. Please look into this. Thanks.
Admiral Yamamoto
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

We are investigating ways to increase tournament attach rates (and so get more round 1 games played). Hopefully something more to say on this soon.

Yeah, I can see the issue with people getting 87 rather than 90. Will investigate and fix this.

"It once again punished offended players for playing only a few turns"
- can you give me an example of this bit?
edit: Ahh, do you mean games like Uchmunduk's?
weizhinaihe

Post by weizhinaihe »

AdmiralYamamoto wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:21 pm Hello Shards.

There is still a glitch in the tournament standing spreadsheet. It once again punished offended players for playing only a few turns. It also stole 3 points from all the games where the opponent was a no-show. The glitch is pretty obvious. For timed out games your formula takes the default score and subtracts the points you earned in the partial game. We all took one turn and got 3 points subtracted from our 180 points. Please look into this. Thanks.
I think this method is quite feasible, and so does AdmiralYamamoto's.👍
BTW, I had intended to reply to your message after completing the turn, but I forgot after the stressful game( ╯□╰ )
So, good luck too and hope the game would make you feel less cold :D
rth

Post by rth »

lock ... how do you want to implement it in a meaningful way, then I'll get a new name and register again,
especially the poor guy who has to keep the file of the offenders, are often not names but like me just abbreviations that sometimes don't make sense, with 3 letters it's still easy but with 6-10, only one letter mistranslated .. And when there are 80 names in the register of sinners, as written, the poor guy who has to monitor who is blocked for how long

sorry you have other worries first,
good tournament again, especially so far 2 good opponents who are able to make a few moves a day
I would be even more happy if I understand correctly that you are working on tournaments that have more rounds of 1:1 games
AdmiralYamamoto
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Shards wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:28 pm We are investigating ways to increase tournament attach rates (and so get more round 1 games played). Hopefully something more to say on this soon.

Yeah, I can see the issue with people getting 87 rather than 90. Will investigate and fix this.

"It once again punished offended players for playing only a few turns"
- can you give me an example of this bit?
edit: Ahh, do you mean games like Uchmunduk's?
Yes, Uchmudak vs Theravenseyes or Zedronar vs Jheim.
Admiral Yamamoto
omistaja

Post by omistaja »

weizhinaihe wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:54 pm I think this method is quite feasible, and so does AdmiralYamamoto's.👍
BTW, I had intended to reply to your message after completing the turn, but I forgot after the stressful game( ╯□╰ )
Well, your deploying turn with medical jeep made me feel a little warmer, but I like the challenge :)
roywfw
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by roywfw »

omistaja wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:42 pm
weizhinaihe wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:54 pm I think this method is quite feasible, and so does AdmiralYamamoto's.👍
Well, your deploying turn with medical jeep made me feel a little warmer, but I like the challenge :)
Speaking of the medical jeep... I must be missing something because I can't see what it does that can't be accomplished with the reinforcement mechanic (other than interfering with your opponents movement possibilities that is). Can someone please point out what I'm not seeing? :?

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”