Can I forbid the cavalry walking around heavy fortification(.e.g Gate)?

Moderator: rbodleyscott

locustmustdie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Can I forbid the cavalry walking around heavy fortification(.e.g Gate)?

Post by locustmustdie »

climbwall activated
Cavalry always accidentally block the gate which he can not attack due to Isfoot(me)
Now I lock ‘‘em by zero their APs unless gate captured.
But I’m curious to know that is it allowed for designers to exclude specific enemies(e.g. cover value 3)from targets for specific units by script? In fact, the problem is Ai cav will automagically go there even though they can’t attack enemy behind walls.AI still SetDestination to an enemy he can’t attack.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Can I forbid the cavalry walking around heavy fortification(.e.g Gate)?

Post by rbodleyscott »

locustmustdie wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:54 am climbwall activated
Cavalry always accidentally block the gate which he can not attack due to Isfoot(me)
But I’m curious to know that is it allowed for designers to exclude specific enemies(e.g. cover value 3)from targets for specific units by script? In fact, the problem is Ai cav will automagically go there even though they can’t attack enemy behind walls.AI still SetDestination to an enemy he can’t attack.
Once we decided not to develop siege assault scenarios, we never wrote AI for them. So there really isn't any AI for siege assaults. You would have to write it! But it would have to be in modded game scripts not in a scenario script.
Richard Bodley Scott

locustmustdie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by locustmustdie »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:26 am
Once we decided not to develop siege assault scenarios, we never wrote AI for them. So there really isn't any AI for siege assaults. You would have to write it! But it would have to be in modded game scripts not in a scenario script.
Thanks,Richard!
is it

Code: Select all

l\Data\Battle\Scripts\AITools.bsf
or

\Core\AI\AI.bsf
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

locustmustdie wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:59 am
rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:26 am
Thanks,Richard!
is it

l\Data\Battle\Scripts\AITools.bsf
or

\Core\AI\AI.bsf
Probably both. Good luck.
Richard Bodley Scott

LathifMark
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by LathifMark »

I also want to know whether I can I forbid the cavalry walking around heavy fortification(.e.g Gate). And I am glad I found your post where I found my answer. When I was looking for it online, I also found https://essayservicescanner.com/papersowl-review/ website where I can read reviews for Papersowl essay writing service. My parents always get mad from me for not getting good marks in my assignments and that is why I was thinking about searching for an essay writer online through which I can get some help.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Scenario Design”