ao'45 and pacific status

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

RVallant wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:23 pm I wonder what the big free update will be?

Sounds like it would be actual content, as I don't consider optimisation or balance changes to be a 'big' update, just a conventional one.
A few new standalone scenarios/challenges would be appreciated
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

RVallant wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:23 pm I wonder what the big free update will be?

Sounds like it would be actual content, as I don't consider optimisation or balance changes to be a 'big' update, just a conventional one.
I'm pretty sure it will be an update to the sounds of the game. Slitherine had recently announced that it had purchased the rights to a pack of original wwii sounds, but that it would take time to implement them in the game.
heinz1803
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by heinz1803 »

Please no story telling in 1945 or fighting vs the last ally to make the only victory in a campaign.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

heinz1803 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:28 pm Please no story telling in 1945 or fighting vs the last ally to make the only victory in a campaign.
Devs, please ignore this guy!

I'm quite enjoying the story and the briefings. Quite looking forward to seeing how it ends, our bro is utterly devastated in AO'44 historical. :cry: (Obviously, quite happy in ahistorical'44 for obvious reasons, but I like the gambit he did as well.)

EDIT: Just to add, I'm also quite keen on seeing how you guys handle the story for Pacific, if there is one. One of the positive things I've liked from AO is the little storyline giving a bit more personality to the characters, as it adds a human flavour to the campaign, especially when any of them go on to die.

The other thing I quite like is the excellent briefings and historical facts - something that I enjoyed in PZC1's GC in 1944-45 when they put in those excellent historical nuggets. I find them quite educating. AO: SCW for example, had me on a wikipedia train to investigate the Army of Africa airlift, something I never knew about.

On that note, when is our German player getting promoted to Field Marshall! :P
heinz1803
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by heinz1803 »

RVallant wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:01 pm
heinz1803 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:28 pm Please no story telling in 1945 or fighting vs the last ally to make the only victory in a campaign.

I'm quite enjoying the story and the briefings. Quite looking forward to seeing how it ends, our bro is utterly devastated in AO'44 historical. :cry: (Obviously, quite happy in ahistorical'44 for obvious reasons, but I like the gambit he did as well.)

EDIT: Just to add, I'm also quite keen on seeing how you guys handle the story for Pacific, if there is one. One of the positive things I've liked from AO is the little storyline giving a bit more personality to the characters, as it adds a human flavour to the campaign, especially when any of them go on to die.

The other thing I quite like is the excellent briefings and historical facts - something that I enjoyed in PZC1's GC in 1944-45 when they put in those excellent historical nuggets. I find them quite educating. AO: SCW for example, had me on a wikipedia train to investigate the Army of Africa airlift, something I never knew about.

AO44 was fictional and non fictional was the worst part of AO. Even the craziest storytellers in fiction books never thought about a rommel lookalike. And Budapest was not a battle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary_in_World_War_II
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

heinz1803 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:15 pm
RVallant wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:01 pm

AO44 was fictional and non fictional was the worst part of AO. Even the craziest storytellers in fiction books never thought about a rommel lookalike. And Budapest was not a battle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary_in_World_War_II
Eh, that's just like your opinion man.

I quite enjoyed both of AO44's routes.
heinz1803
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by heinz1803 »

RVallant wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:20 pm Eh, that's just like your opinion man.

I quite enjoyed both of AO44's routes.
And that's also just an opinion. ;) AO44 was unfinished crap with some boring and some weird scenarios.
DacianWarrio
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by DacianWarrio »

I have found the AOs so far satisfying from a gameplay and narrative standpoint (if a bit obnoxious to have my prestige pool drained by the AI during the Spanish Civil War AO). I will happily future AOs. Especially with Kerensky teasing us with an invasion of the USA being featured in a future AO.
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

any news on a possible soviet corps dlc?
Agrastas
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Agrastas »

gaius21 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:23 am any news on a possible soviet corps dlc?
meh, give us 2 DLC long Finnish campaign instead
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

DacianWarrio wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:41 pm I have found the AOs so far satisfying from a gameplay and narrative standpoint (if a bit obnoxious to have my prestige pool drained by the AI during the Spanish Civil War AO). I will happily future AOs. Especially with Kerensky teasing us with an invasion of the USA being featured in a future AO.

Interraastiing!!!...
Just to add to your above comment "DacianWarrior"... i'm going to relay information (Whether it is actually a near-true-reality or not?... i don't really actually know!)... i came across this information from watching the "Hunting Hitler T.V.-Series" [https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5248878/]... which can also be found-located and viewed 'OnLine'... where...~~~~~

~~~~it mentions- or shows and indicates that the Germans had quite a large infrastructure operation going on throughout 'South-America'... which included Sarin Gas Plants, Atomic Research Facilities... as well as possibly the possibility for the construction of 'Atomic Bombs'... as well as... Explosive ingredients Manufacturing Facilities for fabricating artillery shells and for other various ammunitions... as well as a Huge-Hydro Electric Dam for purposes of developing "Heavy-Water" for "Atomic-Weapons"... besides the use of the Electricity itself!... and a huge Airport with nearby port facilities for Shipping in equipment and other materials... and to also accommodate huge aircraft flying in from Europe.

A "New" Missile... a successor (A1? or something?) and improvement on or to the V-2 had just been engineered that could then easily reach the U.S.A. from Northern-South-America base locations... in order to strike at many of the American Cities... using Sarin-Gas or Atomic Weapons... which-ever?... or even both?.

With a few 'Salvos' of either or both of those Weapons... the Americans may have just capitulated quite readily just as the Japanese did in the Pacific.

There was no-mention of Army or Tank Divisions being available there in South America... however... depending on whatever happened in Europe... they could have been imported by Sea and Air... if there was a possibility for that event!.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Further Assistance in Locating & Watching the "Hunting Hitler T.V. Series":
In any-case!... whether in whole or in part... that all or any of this T.V. Series has any truth to it... it would still be a "Great-Basis" for an... AHypothetical Campaign for the 'Assault and Invasion of the U.S.A.'.

Hunting Hitler (TV Series 2015–2020) - IMD ...Also try to do a search on YouTube.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=hunting+h ... de092a2f8c

Hunting Hitler - Wikipedia
Hunting Hitler is a History Channel television series based on the premise that Adolf Hitler escaped from the Führerbunker in Berlin at the end of World War II. The show was conceived following the declassification of FBI documents exploring whether Hitler might have escaped his apparent fate in Berlin, where he is … See more https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=68c33a09 ... sZXI&ntb=1

]
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

More... South-American NAZI-INTRIGUE!!!:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... t-9610476/
UPDATE-NEW!... ***ADDITIONAL NOTE!!!*** "Nazi-Monks"... 'No-Such-Thing!... 300,000 or more Nazi's were transferred to South America before WW2 ended... and a Catholic Monastery near the Vatican in Rome-Italy... "Mussolini's Italy" had issued "Legal-Passports" to these Nazis who were on the run from a losing War. Some of these Passports were issued under the Guise of "Nazi-Monks"... these are the Monks that the FBI was or were concerned about!.

The FBI Once Freaked Out About Nazi Monks in the Amazon Rainforest
In October 1941, FBI director J. Edgar Hoover received a strange bit of war intelligence in a classified document.

In October 1941, FBI director J. Edgar Hoover received a strange bit of war intelligence in a classified document, the Appendix details. The correspondence warned that a secret German airbase had gone up deep in the heart of the Amazon rainforest. In a note quickly sent to the Assistant Secretary of State, Hoover warns:

“As of possible interest to you, information has been received from a reliable confidential source that there are rumors current in Brazil as to a German air base, reported to exist in the Rio Negro district of the upper Amazon. Additional information will be furnished you concerning this when it is received.”

Particularly concerned about an attack on the Panama Canal, the FBI began collaborating with Brazil’s secret police.
--------------------------------------------------------------
"The Americans were concerned that such a strategically located Air-Base in the Amazon-Rain-Forest located in relative close proximity to the 'Panama-Canal'... could be used by the German Luftwaffe to disrupt or destroy the Canal enough so...so much...so as to inhibit U.S. Naval Ships and military shipments being "Trafficked" to the hotly contested Pacific War Region with the Japanese.
Last edited by Retributarr on Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

DacianWarrio wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:41 pm I have found the AOs so far satisfying from a gameplay and narrative standpoint (if a bit obnoxious to have my prestige pool drained by the AI during the Spanish Civil War AO). I will happily future AOs. Especially with Kerensky teasing us with an invasion of the USA being featured in a future AO.
An only Japanese U.S.A. invasion attempt... or an only German U.S.A. invasion attempt independently carried out would be very risky for failure at best!.

However!... a joint or "Simultaneous Co-ordinated" invasion attempt effort by both powers at the same time would or could have some realistic merit to have success... as it would divide the attention and resources of the available U.S. armed forces to basically fight a "2-Front-War"... which is a distinct disadvantage!.

How The Axis Could Have Invaded America At The Height Of World War II
https://allthatsinteresting.com/axis-pl ... de-america

These are the "Invasion Plans" that i have selected at this WebSite:
Plan 2 has the Japanese invading the West Coast of America via Pearl Harbor and then California.

Plan 4 has the combined naval strength of the Axis powers taking over the Atlantic, leading to an eventual invasion of the United States through the Mississippi River.

While Nazi documents detailing plans for a North American holocaust have recently come to light, it’s unclear to what extent Germany was actually plotting an invasion of the United States (though we do know that they experimented with long-range missiles intended to strike the mainland).

***Electrolized Heavy Water in conjunction with Enriched Uranium = Plutonium... used for the production of Nuclear Grade Weapons.***

Whether Hitler was keen on partnering with the Japanese in order to conquer North America or not is unknown, however, the proposed scenarios above certainly showcase the nation’s anxiety at that time.
PaxusZero

Post by PaxusZero »

I really enjoy alternate history. But why in the world would Germany invade the US before securing Great Britain. Just in manpower faced alone it would be easier to take GB, let alone square miles to occupy.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

PaxusZero wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:29 am I really enjoy alternate history. But why in the world would Germany invade the US before securing Great Britain. Just in manpower faced alone it would be easier to take GB, let alone square miles to occupy.
Obviously!... intending to invade the U.S.A. before neutralizing Britain would make "No-Sense!". The Graphic-Depictions should have been based on the premise that... the Japanese and Germans would have had their particular regions under their firm control first!... or that both of these entities have control over their regional districts of the world before even attempting to take on the United States... either by themselves or by doing so jointly together.

Doing so otherwise would be a foolish risk!.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

There should be a big update in the meantime, when ?
Thunderhog
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Thunderhog »

terminator wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:22 am There should be a big update in the meantime, when ?
Hopefully this month. Maybe ask during the next tea time?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

The update may be Multiplayer improvement, since that Beta has been announced.
To allow time for Beta I would guess June 2023 for update.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Thunderhog

Post by Thunderhog »

According to the most recent News Room with Julia, we'll get some more news this in 2 weeks or so. She did mention it being multiplayer stuff though.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”