ao'45 and pacific status

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

the_zek
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

ao'45 and pacific status

Post by the_zek »

hello all;

Do we have any update on either of these? AO '44 has been out for over 3 months and Pacific is well Pacific

Any news would be great to hear.
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by DefiantXYX »

Hehe, I was just thinking the same. I am ready for another DLC :)
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Yes!!!... that would be a welcomed change!

... And if you want to win quick in the "Conquest of China"... as when playing the "Japanese" [Probably won't have that option at the outset of this release]. So to win quickly and decisively in the conquest of "China"... one would need to quickly cut-off all avenues of importing Foreign 'War-Materials' into that country... as the Chinese forces were very-poorly equipped. A poorly equipped Chinese-Army, could then be most easily defeated.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

the_zek wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:40 pm hello all;

Do we have any update on either of these? AO '44 has been out for over 3 months and Pacific is well Pacific

We have an internal release date now but that never gets given to the public. Its just a focal point were as it was all quite nebulous before hand.
This date will still shift one way or another, which is why it's never announced. Its a perfectly normal part of the process but the public in their excitement are rarely as accepting, so we're cautious.

The next stage will be for a date to be fixed. That sets a lot of cogs in motion and ramps up the pressure. At some point then we'll announce a date, but there's so much involved in deciding that, I couldn't begin to explain. Actually finishing the DLC is only a small, if important, part of that..

When we start beta testing you can be confident its only a matter of months off.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Retributarr wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:14 pm Yes!!!... that would be a welcomed change!

... And if you want to win quick in the "Conquest of China"... as when playing the "Japanese" [Probably won't have that option at the outset of this release]. So to win quickly and decisively in the conquest of "China"... one would need to quickly cut-off all avenues of importing Foreign 'War-Materials' into that country... as the Chinese forces were very-poorly equipped. A poorly equipped Chinese-Army, could then be most easily defeated.
Not if you ever paid any attention to how the real war and situation were in China back from 1931. The Japanese forces have had superior gears from the start of the war until the end (allied lend-lease equipment are mostly limited to supporting the Chinese Expedition Army fighting in India and Myanmar) and in most engagements.
Gurilla warfare that does not depend on supply or advanced equipment is what really makes the conquest stalled, since a small country like Japan simply has no manpower to cover the grounds they captured. They failed to stabilise even the Manchuria region, the one they captured the earliest in the war, due to the similar massacres and horrors they conducted in captured zones like the Nazis did. See how the Germans failed to stabilise the Slavic countries, that's what the Japanese got in China, every weak spot is vulnerable to uprising and sabotage works once they focus on somewhere else.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Si ... offensive.
China fought Japan with aid from Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, United Kingdom and the United States.
Foreign aid and support to China
Germany had since the time of the Weimar Republic, provided much equipment and training to crack units of the National Revolutionary Army of China, including some aerial-combat training with the Luftwaffe to some pilots of pre-Nationalist Air Force of China.[98] A number of foreign powers including the Americans, Italians, Japanese providing training and equipment to different air force units of pre-war China. With the outbreak of full-scale war between China and the Empire of Japan, the Soviet Union became the primary supporter for China's war of resistance through the Sino-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact from 1937 to 1941.

Soviet
the Soviet Union hoped to keep China fighting, in order to deter a Japanese invasion of Siberia and save itself from a two-front war.
Prior to the Western Allies, the Soviets provided the most foreign aid to China: some $250 million in credits for munitions and other supplies. The Soviets also continued to support the Chinese ...In total, 3,665 Soviet advisors and pilots served in China,[111] and 227 of them died fighting there
---------------------------------------------------------
The India–China airlift:
The India–China airlift delivered approximately 650,000 tons of materiel to China at a cost of 1,659 men and 594 aircraft.
-------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.dangerousroads.org/asia/chi ... china.html
Burma Road
https://openhistorysociety.org/members- ... vid-white/
The Japanese Occupation of China 1937-45:
China’s inability to defend her own sovereign territory was linked to her lack of national unity. Unlike Japan’s reaction of unity and modernisation, China’s response to predatory European imperialism was division, the collapse of the Qing dynasty, descent into warlordism, economic stagnation and recurrent civil war. Widespread belief in Confucianism further contributed to a reluctance to embrace change, even when it was necessary for self-preservation. This began to alter as the century progressed, but the country was bitterly divided internally over what sort of change should take place. A civil war between the Communists and the nationalist Kuomintang which began in 1927 prevented a united front forming to oppose the Japanese when they occupied Manchuria.

YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnYHe80ZvBw
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Retributarr wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:25 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Si ... offensive.
China fought Japan with aid from Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, United Kingdom and the United States.
Germany had since the time of the Weimar Republic, provided much equipment and training to crack units of the National Revolutionary Army of China, including some aerial-combat training with the Luftwaffe to some pilots of pre-Nationalist Air Force of China.[98] A number of foreign powers including the Americans, Italians, Japanese providing training and equipment to different air force units of pre-war China. With the outbreak of full-scale war between China and the Empire of Japan, the Soviet Union became the primary supporter for China's war of resistance through the Sino-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact from 1937 to 1941.

Soviet
the Soviet Union hoped to keep China fighting, in order to deter a Japanese invasion of Siberia and save itself from a two-front war.
Prior to the Western Allies, the Soviets provided the most foreign aid to China: some $250 million in credits for munitions and other supplies. The Soviets also continued to support the Chinese ...In total, 3,665 Soviet advisors and pilots served in China,[111] and 227 of them died fighting there
The India–China airlift:
The India–China airlift delivered approximately 650,000 tons of materiel to China at a cost of 1,659 men and 594 aircraft.
Burma Road
China’s inability to defend her own sovereign territory was linked to her lack of national unity. Unlike Japan’s reaction of unity and modernisation, China’s response to predatory European imperialism was division, the collapse of the Qing dynasty, descent into warlordism, economic stagnation and recurrent civil war. Widespread belief in Confucianism further contributed to a reluctance to embrace change, even when it was necessary for self-preservation. This began to alter as the century progressed, but the country was bitterly divided internally over what sort of change should take place. A civil war between the Communists and the nationalist Kuomintang which began in 1927 prevented a united front forming to oppose the Japanese when they occupied Manchuria.

No need to list those links, I am a Chinese myself and I know our history better than possibly anybody else in this forum. None of those aids made much differences (except the soviet air support and the Flying Tiger, because Chinese Air Force was literally obliterated at the start of the war, so any help in scale counts) if you consider how large the country is, how many fronts there were, and what's most important, how incapable the nationalist government was to make the materials actually arrive at where they should go, be it production, logistic or combat. The nationalist army was the only Allied forces that suffered a full collapse on a thousand-kilometer-long frontline in 1944, from Henan Province in the central region to Guizhou Province in the southern end of the country, equals the width of Operation Babarossa, losing 600k troops and land equal to half the size of Germany, almost allowed the Japanese forces to get into Sichuan Province, the one that holds the temperary capital of the country at that time. They don't need to be cut off from foreign aids to be defeated, it's the size difference that made the conquest a failure just like how the Axis forces failed to conquer the USSR - too much land, too few men and too long logistic lines due to inability at stablising captured zones.
Thunderhog
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Thunderhog »

Patrick Ward wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:05 am

We have an internal release date now but that never gets given to the public. Its just a focal point were as it was all quite nebulous before hand.
This date will still shift one way or another, which is why it's never announced. Its a perfectly normal part of the process but the public in their excitement are rarely as accepting, so we're cautious.

The next stage will be for a date to be fixed. That sets a lot of cogs in motion and ramps up the pressure. At some point then we'll announce a date, but there's so much involved in deciding that, I couldn't begin to explain. Actually finishing the DLC is only a small, if important, part of that..

When we start beta testing you can be confident its only a matter of months off.

Pat
Well I expected it to take pretty long given that it was a different team who's job was to pretty much rework naval warfare and naval invasions. Hope I can get into the beta.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Lost in the Pacific, 1942

Lost in the Pacific.jpg
Lost in the Pacific.jpg (220.41 KiB) Viewed 4335 times

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ubcdl-53OU&t

Is the Development Team lost in the Pacific :?:
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

Patrick Ward wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:05 am

Pat
First i would like to thank the team for the amazing game, i lost count of how many hours I played already xD
I am also looking forward for the next AO'45, and I also hope we get allied corps and soviet corps like in the first panzer corps that would be very cool. All in all thanks for the work you guys put into this game.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

NeyLutzow wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:19 pm
First i would like to thank the team for the amazing game, i lost count of how many hours I played already xD
If you play on steam you can look this up. :)
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

If you've not been watching Tea Time,

Next release will be a large free update,
Followed by 1945
Followed by Pacific in the summer. Probably late summer.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Wagner0445
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Wagner0445 »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:47 am
Retributarr wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:25 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Si ... offensive.

Soviet
The India–China airlift:
Burma Road

No need to list those links, I am a Chinese myself and I know our history better than possibly anybody else in this forum. None of those aids made much differences (except the soviet air support and the Flying Tiger, because Chinese Air Force was literally obliterated at the start of the war, so any help in scale counts) if you consider how large the country is, how many fronts there were, and what's most important, how incapable the nationalist government was to make the materials actually arrive at where they should go, be it production, logistic or combat. The nationalist army was the only Allied forces that suffered a full collapse on a thousand-kilometer-long frontline in 1944, from Henan Province in the central region to Guizhou Province in the southern end of the country, equals the width of Operation Babarossa, losing 600k troops and land equal to half the size of Germany, almost allowed the Japanese forces to get into Sichuan Province, the one that holds the temperary capital of the country at that time. They don't need to be cut off from foreign aids to be defeated, it's the size difference that made the conquest a failure just like how the Axis forces failed to conquer the USSR - too much land, too few men and too long logistic lines due to inability at stablising captured zones.
That you are Chinese makes you not more reliable, School history is in 99% of the cases limited and wrong and decades behind the actuall information. Especially if we look at propaganda that is taught as history.
I am a studied Historian and the other poster is correct.
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

DefiantXYX wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:00 am
NeyLutzow wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:19 pm
If you play on steam you can look this up. :)
Oh no i do not play the game on steam, i bought the game on GoG. But thank you :)
NeyLutzow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NeyLutzow »

Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:11 pm If you've not been watching Tea Time,

Followed by 1945

Pat
I will watch Tea Time soon thank you.
About the pacific game, is that a new branch of panzer corps or this is the allied corps dlc(like it was in panzer corps I)?
Sorry for bothering and thanks for the update.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

NeyLutzow wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:15 pm Oh no i do not play the game on steam, i bought the game on GoG. But thank you :)
With GOG GALAXY 2.0 you can know how long you played a game ?
rafstaff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rafstaff »

Pat, can you give any link to this Tea Time you mentioned? Casue i was looking for that and couldnt found it, thank you.
Thunderhog

Post by Thunderhog »

rafstaff wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:02 am Pat, can you give any link to this Tea Time you mentioned? Cause I was looking for that and couldn't found it, thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6i4fJtAoZ8 This one probably. A new free update for Master of Magic as well. Announcements and releases (for multiple titles) in March. Makes sense since COH3 came out today. Sounds like it's going to be a good year for Panzer Corps 2 this year. No idea what the new stuff is going to be (besides the multiplayer and tournament stuff). Maybe more scenarios and modding capability?
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

rafstaff wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:02 am Pat, can you give any link to this Tea Time you mentioned? Casue i was looking for that and couldnt found it, thank you.
Thunderhog got there first though this link will take you straight to the Panzercorps info ..

https://www.youtube.com/live/q6i4fJtAoZ ... hare&t=964

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

NeyLutzow wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:18 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:11 pm If you've not been watching Tea Time,

Followed by 1945

Pat
I will watch Tea Time soon thank you.
About the pacific game, is that a new branch of panzer corps or this is the allied corps dlc(like it was in panzer corps I)?
Sorry for bothering and thanks for the update.
This is an enitrely new set of DLC. So separate from Axis Operations.

It will initially be from the Allied perspective, and once complete will be done from the Japanese perspective.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”