ao'45 and pacific status

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: ao'45 and pacific status

Post by terminator »

Tea Time : "Pacific is coming out probably december or late summer"
rafstaff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rafstaff »

Correct me if i am wrong, as i understood from tea time next in realese will be ao 45 and than on summer, late summer will be pacific? so we can assume that ao 45 will be ready on spring or early summer?
wecker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by wecker »

Well that is great news!

Thank you for:

- free content
- AO1945
- Pacific DLC

And regarding the hours...
DefiantXYX wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:00 am
NeyLutzow wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:19 pm
First i would like to thank the team for the amazing game, i lost count of how many hours I played already xD
If you play on steam you can look this up. :)
I´m afraid mine is quite low :D

Screenshot 2023-02-24 201534.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-24 201534.jpg (78.75 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I hope there will be some bonus scenarios in the free content.
dopedwizard
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by dopedwizard »

I can't wait for the Pacific theatre. I am fairly new to the game, but must admit that I have grown fairly tired of the western and eastern front. I have always enjoyed the Pacific theatre and Vietnam war settings in other games though.
PaxusZero
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PaxusZero »

People's General was absolutely brilliant. It was the last of the five star series. That's what I really, REALLY want slitherine to work on after AO 45.
sapper1
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sapper1 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:24 am
NeyLutzow wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:18 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:11 pm If you've not been watching Tea Time,

Next release will be a large free update,
Followed by 1945
Followed by Pacific in the summer. Probably late summer.

Pat
I will watch Tea Time soon thank you.
About the pacific game, is that a new branch of panzer corps or this is the allied corps dlc(like it was in panzer corps I)?
Sorry for bothering and thanks for the update.
This is an enitrely new set of DLC. So separate from Axis Operations.

It will initially be from the Allied perspective, and once complete will be done from the Japanese perspective.

Pat
Maybe too soon to ask, if so my apologies. Have there been any discussions about European Western Theatre DLCs for Germany along with Allied/Russian Corps DLCs? And while I'm at it a 1946/1947 hypothetical?
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

sapper1 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:43 pm
Maybe too soon to ask, if so my apologies. Have there been any discussions about European Western Theatre DLCs for Germany along with Allied/Russian Corps DLCs? And while I'm at it a 1946/1947 hypothetical?
AO DLCs after 1941 are all named "East" if you check the game files and core save names, so they certainly will do more than just the eastern front.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

sapper1 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:43 pm Maybe too soon to ask, if so my apologies. Have there been any discussions about European Western Theatre DLCs for Germany along with Allied/Russian Corps DLCs? And while I'm at it a 1946/1947 hypothetical?
It's too early for us to give out any information. I would suggest look at the PzC1 releases and add on a few lesser fought wars. There aree ideas being mulled over and its always good to see what players are interested in.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Sequester Grundleplith, MD

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Patrick Ward wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:39 pm
sapper1 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:43 pm Maybe too soon to ask, if so my apologies. Have there been any discussions about European Western Theatre DLCs for Germany along with Allied/Russian Corps DLCs? And while I'm at it a 1946/1947 hypothetical?
It's too early for us to give out any information. I would suggest look at the PzC1 releases and add on a few lesser fought wars. There aree ideas being mulled over and its always good to see what players are interested in.

Pat

Korea would be an easy one, relatively speaking, as most of the equipment used is already in the game
wecker

Post by wecker »

Pat
Well I would be interested in the following wars/campaigns besides the ones who are already announced (AO45, US-Pacific):
- for Japanese Pacific DLC I hope for: possibility to fight in the west to India (meet DAK, south to Australia and east to Hawaii and the US West Coast). I am still in love with the old Pacific General from SSI :D Fighting the Germans at the Mississipi was awesome :D
- Japanese DLC for China starting 1932 with Mancuria, Marco Polo bridge and then Nanking, Shanghai, Hong Kong)
- Chinese campaign (nationalist Kuomintang versus Communists and Japanese, communist one against Kuomintang and Japanese where both end 1949 in Taiwan. Possible Chennaults Flying Tigers as a reward unit)
- off course DAK in Africa (ending in India with meeting the Japanese there)
- campaign for the Desert Rats (including East Africa against the Italians)
- Allied campaign in Italy (Sicily, Salerno, Volturno, Monte Cassino, Anzio, Rome, Goten Linie and possible breakthrough into the Alpenfestung from the south)
- Soviet campaign starting with Finland / Chalchin Gol - ending with the conquest of Manchuria. Maybe you can orientate yourself on SSIs Scorched Earth where Konjew and Zhukov lead seperate campaign paths
- Italian campaign in Abessinia, rest of East and North Africa
- Hungarian, Italian and Romanian campaign on the Eastern front until the last fights
- Finnish Winter War and Continuation War
- French campaign (starting with the defeats in France, evacuation of Dunkirk, Narvik, Syria, Madagascar, african colonies, landing in Southern France)
- Free Polish campaign (starting in 39 with fights against Germany and Soviet Union), captivity in Soviet Union, Evacuation to North Africa, fights in North Africa, Italy, Normandy, Arnheim - possible Warsaw Uprising
- ANZAC campaign (mixed with Pacific and North Africa)
- Birma campaign (already done with Order of Battle but I would like it very much)

...and much much more other players here will find :D
Thunderhog
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Thunderhog »

Pat
A full battle of the Atlantic campaign would be pretty fun. Since you guys are revamping naval stuff. Always want to see US/allied grand campaign along with the Soviet one.
Ruggs225
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Ruggs225 »

Awesome news!
After the allied and Japanese campaigns I would like to see grand campaigns for both. The u.s. could even start in china with the flying tigers while the japanese campaign would definitely start in china.

Then i would like an allied grand campaign or US grand campaign for europe followed by the axis west campaign.

And Operation z campaign hypothetical could also be fun.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Ruggs225 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:01 am Awesome news!
After the allied and Japanese campaigns I would like to see grand campaigns for both. The u.s. could even start in china with the flying tigers while the japanese campaign would definitely start in china.

Then i would like an allied grand campaign or US grand campaign for europe followed by the axis west campaign.

And Operation z campaign hypothetical could also be fun.
? I don't speak "Russian/Ukranian"... but i will try to mimic it as best i can?...
"Dooshie-Dobra"[Very-Good]... Idea's that you have there "Ruggs225"... "I like it!... I like it!... I like it!".
rivvendarke
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rivvendarke »

@PatrickWard
Will we ever get to know what really happened with the Pacific DLC?

Normally you announce a DLC, then two DevDiaries and two months later its released.

Pacific was announced 21 !! months ago and was said to be developed in parallel to the Axis DLCs. If it will really ever come out in late summer it will be way past the 2 years mark.
And if we look at the screenshots from the announcement all the 3D models were already finished. That leaves the design of 14 maps and some scripting, which some modders here can do easily in 10% of the time.
Additionally the communiction was basically nonexistent.

As Edmon is dodging any questions about this for the whole time now so its safe to assume we will never know. But damn im curious.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

rivvendarke wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:36 am @PatrickWard
Will we ever get to know what really happened with the Pacific DLC?

Pacific was announced 21 !! months ago and was said to be developed in parallel to the Axis DLCs. If it will really ever come out in late summer it will be way past the 2 years mark. .

As Edmon is dodging any questions about this for the whole time now so its safe to assume we will never know. But damn im curious.
To me... it seems that as it was once said... "Houston!!!...We Have A Problem!!!... No-Communication!!!... No-Explanation!!!".
They must be "Bewildered and Lost!... and even incredibly unsure of what they are trying to accomplish". and If that is so!, then... as "You-Suggested"... the "Modders" here at this Forum could instead take a crack at this project... and maybe... could finish up this Job... in 10% of the time that its taking these "Specially Highly Intensively Trained... Experts to complete the deal".

Definition: Expert:
Expert: "Ex- designation for something or someone in the Past-Tense"... As-Somebody who is presently described in the "Past-Tense" as "(Ex)A has-been!"... "(Spurt)A Drip Under Pressure!"
PaxusZero

Post by PaxusZero »

Pretty sure it is: Pandemic, shifting corporate priorities, Pacific turns out to be more than just a DLC, work on other properties first.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I’m not in a hurry, there are other new WW2 games to play while waiting (Company of Heroes 3, Second Front...)
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

I wonder what the big free update will be?

Sounds like it would be actual content, as I don't consider optimisation or balance changes to be a 'big' update, just a conventional one.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

RVallant wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:23 pm I wonder what the big free update will be?

Sounds like it would be actual content, as I don't consider optimisation or balance changes to be a 'big' update, just a conventional one.
Maybe a free trip to the United States, the new mechanisms of play for the ships in view of the dlc pacific...

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”