About the nebelwerfer

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

i0see0mancos
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

About the nebelwerfer

Post by i0see0mancos »

Hope someone in the development team will read this.

Since this is not technicaly a bug, althou it could be seen as such, i will post this here. I recently played a game against a player that uses nebelwerfers, i am new to the game, the thing is i didnt expect it to have 4 hexes of range, that is clearly off, and by that i mean unrealistic and unhistorical. The Katyusha by comparison has just 2, if you do a little bit of searching you will see that the 15 cm nebelwerfer had a range of about 6,9 km, whilst the Katyusha had about 5,5km, by my estimates the average hex is about 2,5 by 2,5 km or at the most 3 by 3, so that would make the nebelwerfer not able to fire at more than 3 hexes away, and i am being generous. I think the nebelwerfer´s range should be reduced to 3 hexes and the Katyusha can be keept at 2, althou the Katyusha could be boosted to 3, but maybe it would be too powerfull. Anyways, the thing is the nebelwerfer didnt have twice the range of a Katyusha in real life. To reiterate, give the nebelwerfer a maximum range of 3 and keep the Katyusha at 2, i think that would even things out.
StuccoFresco
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: About the nebelwerfer

Post by StuccoFresco »

It's not really a bug, but this is the worst possible place you could post this. :lol: [Now moved to Tech Support]

Anyway, several artillery ranges are completely out of whack. This is a good thread about them: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86269

The nebelwerfer's and BM-31 ranges are indeed the most egregious ones. They are basically swapped.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: About the nebelwerfer

Post by terminator »

There have been different models of nebelwerfer 41 & 42, too bad we have only one :(

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”