Bug. Territory flipped to Athens in the middle of my turn resolution with no explanation.

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Tharoz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Bug. Territory flipped to Athens in the middle of my turn resolution with no explanation.

Post by Tharoz »

I'd like to know if anyone knows what causes this bug to trigger, so I can avoid it in future. Got this bug on my first MP game of Fields of Glory: Empires, so I'm hoping it's not common.

Playing a MP game, and near the start of turn resolution, as my armies are moving, all of my territory suddenly flipped control from Macedon to Athens. Then a few seconds later all of my armies flipped to Athens as well.

I'm not aware of any historical situation that would have had an effect like this, and I didn't get any notification of an event, so I can only see it as a bug.

I was at war with Athens at the time, and the only message I got was a few territory loss notifications and then a notification that the war was over, presumably because I now had no territory or armies to carry on a war.

I have attached some screenshots as my turn resolved. As you can see, at the start of the turn Macedon is there, Athens controls three regions in the Peloponnese.
20230406203933_1.jpg
20230406203933_1.jpg (529.11 KiB) Viewed 622 times
Then my territory has flipped to Athens. You can see that it is still the same turn, and the armies are still Macedonian, and have just started moving.
20230406203937_1.jpg
20230406203937_1.jpg (534.61 KiB) Viewed 622 times
Then finally, I get the announcement that my capital is lost, and you can see at the edge of the message that my armies have flipped to
Athens.
20230406204027_1.jpg
20230406204027_1.jpg (537.85 KiB) Viewed 622 times
Needless to say this killed our MP game, so we'd be keen to stop it happening again.
Laboratorium
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Bug. Territory flipped to Athens in the middle of my turn resolution with no explanation.

Post by Laboratorium »

The only "normal" explanation I could see for this, was if you had traded all your territories to Athen in a peace treaty or a trade agreement.

I have never seen this happen as a bug before and I have played a lot of turns.
You could go on and see if there was a message. Because if it was a trigger or a trade agreement, you would probably get a message.
Tharoz

Re: Bug. Territory flipped to Athens in the middle of my turn resolution with no explanation.

Post by Tharoz »

No messages received, apart from those telling me my territory had been lost.

Although, if that was the case, I don't believe it would have been able to give away my armies, unless someone knows different.
Sarissofoi

Post by Sarissofoi »

It may happen if you ask to Absorb nation but instead actually proposed to be absorbed by mistake. But you should get diplo message at last.
Tharoz

Post by Tharoz »

Thanks, but I had not engaged in diplomacy with Athens for at least 10 or more turns, so I could not have done that.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Sorry about what happened. I really can't relate this event to anything in the code, this is weird. I would have said as Sarissofoi, an Absorb clause done in reverse.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Tharoz

Post by Tharoz »

Thanks for the response. Quite a few hours of games later and I've not seen the issue again, so looks like a one off.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”