Panzer Corps multiplayer mod 1941Balancedv8 upload problem: 413 Request Entity Too Large

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Panzer Corps multiplayer mod 1941Balancedv8 upload problem: 413 Request Entity Too Large

Post by StefanDK »

Hi there,

My friend and I have been playing a scenario called 1941BalancedV8 for Panzer Corps. We have played the "original" 1941 mod many times before, but not this one.

The replay were "lost"/became unavailable after turn 13 or so which was expected, but unfortunate.

But now, when uploading the game to the server, I get an error. Below is the response in the log file. It may contain info that can be used to gain access to the game, but I hope it is worth it posting it anyway.

I found out after first spending 45 minutes taking my turn, seeing it being uploaded and then leaving the game. The next day I found out it was my turn again, but it was the exact same turn. I started experimenting with taking my turn bit by bit and uploading multiple times by going to the menu and leaving for the main menu and saving when I did. That kind of helped. I was able to go through half the turn, but then I hit a "wall". From there on I could do nothing - and the game did not display any error. It just listed the game and the last updated change. I tried getting on with my turn multiple times, but with the same result.

According to different web pages, a 413 HTTP error code occurs when the size of a client’s request exceeds the server’s file size limit. This typically happens when a client attempts to upload a large file to a web server, and the server responds with a 413 error to alert the client.

Could you maybe increase the size of allowed uploads on the server? The current filesize is: 10485824 (10 MB?)

I am not sure it could also help with the missing replays, but that may be a separate problem.

I REALLY hope you can help. We started the game February 28th and are not halfway there and have a thrilling and intense experience - read more below the snippet from the log:

Code: Select all

IR_WriteData(Server='www.slitherine.com' URL='/PBEM/panzer_corps_pc/upload_instance.php?GameInstanceID=400499&PlayerToUserName=StefanDK&TurnNo=46&GameOver=0&FileSize=10485824&Crc32=1332763689')
The following was returned by the server:
<html>
<head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

Server response:
<html>
<head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>
About our current game:

Is it approximately March 1943. The Axis have reached, but not conquered, Moscow. Stalingrad is almost reached, but seems as uninviting and inconquerable as Leningrad. The oil fields to the south of Stalingrad is far away, but may be in reach. The Finland border is being held and pushed forward a bit, but the Soviets are increasing in numbers and are slowly advancing and gaining territory. In the African theater, the Axis has turned the tide and almost destroyed the British fleet and most of the air support. It seems impossible to take on Alexandria and the area to the east, but the American invasion of Northeast Africa is being repelled and strong forces are currently forcing American troops to retreat. In Europe, the British coastline and its radars are being attacked by long range artillery and bombardment from ships. The Japanese are not so lucky. They have been pushed back by Soviet and Chinese troops and armor and have only their own small Japanese area left.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”