Sri Lanka Painting Service

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Sri Lanka Painting Service

Post by titanu »

Has anybody used or know of anybody who has use Sri Lanaka Miniatures painting service?
If so are they any good?
Or indeed any other painting services that are good.
Cheers
Spartacus
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Spartacus »

Hi,

Cannot speak for Sri Lanka although they look very businesslike.

I have used Silurian Wargames of Newport a few times and have to say they are excellent. He has an E-bay shop too for your safety.
--Terry--
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

I used Fernando Enterprises a long time ago and a number of my friends have used them since.

They will do exactly what you ask them to do. The more you tell them the better. Give them painted sample figures and they will copy them very well.

In my case I wanted a Hunnic army painted. I sent notes about wanting different colours for tunics, hats, trousers etc and sent lots of diferent figures. When they came back they had been sorted by pose and each pose was painted exactly the same. The different poses were in different colour combinations but not what I would really call an irregular painting scheme. Overall I think I got what I paid for.

I have seen some very nice uniformed troops that they painted and I suspect that they may be better where colours are consistent.

One other silly story again based on the "they do what you tell them" line. Another friend sent his WWII British paras to them to be painted. He sent colour photos and other instructions. When he got them back the majority of the troops were really nice (all the ones in berets) but the ones in helmets had contracted red helmet dissease :shock: None of the photos showed men with helmets so they had painted all the headgear the same colour.

Overall with Fernando I would be happy to use them again but would be very careful about specifying what I wanted.

Some of the other Eastern painting concerns are actually run by UK expat wargamers and you get a more thoughtful service from them.
dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by dave_r »

I used a company called "PHILGREG PAINTERS" about two years ago to paint some 25mm Medieval French figures. Because they were plastic the painting costs were dirt cheap (comparatively) and I was very happy with them when they came back.

They don't do basing though. And they basically sent the different parts out to different painters, so I got back 50 shields, 50 horses, 50 men and 50 flags. I had to sort these out to try and make "matched" figures, which was basically not possible though!

If you are interested then drop me a mail and I will send you contact details.
RazorMind
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by RazorMind »

I can recommend PaintedFigs.Com

Navin, the owner, personally answers email and is awesome for customer service, prices are very reasonable, and the quality is really good.

www.paintedfigs.com
Riocardio

Re: Sri Lanka Painting Service

Post by Riocardio »

Is it too late if I propose this miniature painting service company?

Return to “Modelling”