Sino-Japanese War Mod_Chapter 2_V0.22

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

naturesheva
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Sino-Japanese War Mod_Chapter 2_V0.22

Post by naturesheva »

Here's a pack of three maps for my Second Sino-Japanese War Mod.

NEWS: Mod updated in 25/Aug/2011

Updated to V0.22, some small error is fixed, new map is more balanced (Battle of Rehe).

New Map added (Defense of the Great Wall)
Previous map fine tuned.

Here's the introduction for the maps included currently.

Jiangqiao Campaign
The Jiangqiao Campaign was a series of battles and skirmishes occurring after the Mukden Incident, during the invasion of Manchuria by the Imperial Japanese Army in the early stages of the Second Sino-Japanese War. That's the first campaign for this 14-years long war.

Defence of Harbin
After tha capture of Tsitsihar, Harbin become the only big city controlled by Chinese government. Followed by several failed operations from the puppet army, Japan start sending their troops from Chang Chun towards Harbin.

Battle of Rehe
Following the establishment of Manchukuo, the Kwantung Army launched an operation to secure its southern frontier with China.
Defense of the Great Wall
After the loss in Rehe, Chinese government realized the importance of the defence of the great wall, more than 50,000 sodilers are assigned along the great wall and more inforcements are on their way.

Please enjoy.

You can download here.

V0.22
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xslpz0

old version
V0.211
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zvl340[/b]
V0.20
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g64ue3
V0.10
http://www.sendspace.com/file/042rbe

Please put the "scenario" folder under \documents\my games\panzer corps
And the "Panzer Corps" folder to the main game folder (cover the existing files)

Any suggestion & feedback is welcome!:lol:

Thanks for your interest.

Remember to backup before the installation~!!!
Remember to backup before the installation~!!!
Last edited by naturesheva on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 am, edited 9 times in total.
Fritz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Fritz »

Thx. Are you planning a whole campaign in the future? :)
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Fritz wrote:Thx. Are you planning a whole campaign in the future? :)

For sure.
Maybe end up with more than 10 chapters...

Once most of the units done, it'll be much quick to design the campaign, I guess. :D
Fritz
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Fritz »

That are great news! :D
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Fritz wrote:That are great news! :D
I'm happy you like it.
Please give me any feedback for the current maps, I don't have much time on testing, hehe.

Thanks.
alex0809
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by alex0809 »

This is great work! I am really hoping for more scenarios in the future! Especially the Japanese tank looks outstanding, keep up the good work.
It seems the Chinese don't have their proper transports yet, though?
Also, it seems that if the name of a unit is too long to fit in its box at purchase screen, the full name is displayed as a tool tip if you hover over it? Really, no big deal, I just wanted to mention it ;)

EDIT: Small suggestion: I don't know about the 75mm field guns in your mod, but I know that a lot of 75mm guns from this period were also be used direct-fire, also against tanks (no good armor piercing capability of course, but for the early tanks it was sufficient). Maybe you could add a direct fire/artillery switch to the guns (as with the Soviet SU76 or ISU), give them lesshard attack than now in artillery mode but a bit more in direct fire mode?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please, announce your mod in the sticky Mods thread.
viewtopic.php?t=27036
Last edited by VPaulus on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

VPaulus wrote:Please, announce your mod in the sticky Mods thread.
viewtopic.php?t=27036
Thank you for notice.
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

alex0809 wrote:This is great work! I am really hoping for more scenarios in the future! Especially the Japanese tank looks outstanding, keep up the good work.
It seems the Chinese don't have their proper transports yet, though?
Also, it seems that if the name of a unit is too long to fit in its box at purchase screen, the full name is displayed as a tool tip if you hover over it? Really, no big deal, I just wanted to mention it ;)

EDIT: Small suggestion: I don't know about the 75mm field guns in your mod, but I know that a lot of 75mm guns from this period were also be used direct-fire, also against tanks (no good armor piercing capability of course, but for the early tanks it was sufficient). Maybe you could add a direct fire/artillery switch to the guns (as with the Soviet SU76 or ISU), give them lesshard attack than now in artillery mode but a bit more in direct fire mode?
Hi, Alex.
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll make the change based on your suggestion. The idea of switching the mode for 75mm gun is really a good idea, and the reality is same as you mentioned.
Also, horse transports will added to China, Unit name will be shorten.
Of course, more units and new maps will be added in the next update.
please give me more suggestions if you can, any suggestion is highly welcomed.

Also, please notice Version 0.20 is out already, much change in this version, please check out.

Thanks again.

Nature
alex0809

Post by alex0809 »

I'd tell you what I think of map balance, but since the AI is so stupid (eg. moving out chinese troops out of good defensive position all the time) it's really hard to judge. I opened an MP game with both maps on 0.20 though, would be great if someone joined.
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

alex0809 wrote:I'd tell you what I think of map balance, but since the AI is so stupid (eg. moving out chinese troops out of good defensive position all the time) it's really hard to judge. I opened an MP game with both maps on 0.20 though, would be great if someone joined.
Thanks, Alex.

To be honest to you, the map is not balanced at all, I just want bring more challenge for the Chinese side. And the map was targeting for playing with AI.
Also I assume the player will choose Chinese side and I haven't set their units as "defensive". That's why you see them out of good position.

However, just like what you said, since I got the all the units and maps, why not do more work and develop that into a MP map?
I'll make the adjustment and changes you mentioned. Hopefully at the end of the week, the next version will be released. Of course, another map and more units will be available as well.

Again, thanks for your suggestion. Any suggestion will make the Mod better and better. My thinking is always limited, cannot cover everything. I hope you can keep noticing this Mod.

Nature
Eltare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Eltare »

Naturesheva, I played in two of your script and must say that I liked them.

From the comments: Japanese bomber white and poorly visible against the background of snow.

Another note: it is too low mobility artillery, even the transported horses. Speed ​​2 (in snow), while ordinary infantry has speed 3 - I think it's not very correct. If you convert speed in km / h, at a speed of march, the infantry of 4 km / h. Then speed of horses artillery - just 2.7 km / h. I think there need to fix the rates of displacement.
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Eltare wrote:Naturesheva, I played in two of your script and must say that I liked them.

From the comments: Japanese bomber white and poorly visible against the background of snow.

Another note: it is too low mobility artillery, even the transported horses. Speed ​​2 (in snow), while ordinary infantry has speed 3 - I think it's not very correct. If you convert speed in km / h, at a speed of march, the infantry of 4 km / h. Then speed of horses artillery - just 2.7 km / h. I think there need to fix the rates of displacement.
Thanx, Eltare.

Just as you mentioned, the horses artillery is very slow, while I set the movement as 5, I'll revisit this issue.
Also, the bomber will be changes as you suggested in the next version.
Eltare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Eltare »

Naturesheva wrote:Just as you mentioned, the horses artillery is very slow, while I set the movement as 5, I'll revisit this issue.
About the horse artillery. In truth, I think it's a system error, not yours. I think the PC-engine is not very correctly calculates the movement on the roads.

It is possible to move through snowy plains Speed ​​2 - this is normal. But on the road speed should not drop significantly. Similarly, if the road goes over the hills, the speed of vehicles decreases by 4 times. I think this is a bug.
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Eltare wrote:
Naturesheva wrote:Just as you mentioned, the horses artillery is very slow, while I set the movement as 5, I'll revisit this issue.
About the horse artillery. In truth, I think it's a system error, not yours. I think the PC-engine is not very correctly calculates the movement on the roads.

It is possible to move through snowy plains Speed ​​2 - this is normal. But on the road speed should not drop significantly. Similarly, if the road goes over the hills, the speed of vehicles decreases by 4 times. I think this is a bug.
It seems you did some research on that issue~ :D
I'll have a look tonight as well.

Just as a interest, do you have any suggestion on the new units (blade warrior & Grenadier)?

Thanks.
Eltare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Eltare »

Naturesheva wrote:Just as a interest, do you have any suggestion on the new units (blade warrior & Grenadier)?
I guess I played version 0.1 - not seen swordsmen. But I think that (based on your equipment.pzdat file):
Spotting = 1 (as in the militia, by the dense regime blademen)
Initiative = 0 (minimum, as there are no ranged attacks)
Soft Attack = 2 (maybe even 1, as a soldier with a rifle and bayonet chance to win maybe more than a soldier with a blade)
Ground Defense ... Yes, probably 2-3, as in the attack, they are forced to leave cover and have no armor to protect them from bullets and shells.
Close Defense - I think this is their only possible advantage. I think they have this option must be equal to 3.
And of course, they must have a low price.

As for the grenadiers. Interesting and useful unit. I would have corrected these figures:

Initiative: 3, maybe even 4 (can attack at long range, before the approach of the enemy)
Soft Attack: 4 (primarily indirect fire, but can be 5 - as in your file)
Hard Attack: 1 (I doubt that the mine could easily undermine the tank, though ... Maybe you're right)
Air Attack: 0;-)
Naval Attack: Maybe 2 or 3 ...
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Eltare wrote:
Naturesheva wrote:Just as a interest, do you have any suggestion on the new units (blade warrior & Grenadier)?
I guess I played version 0.1 - not seen swordsmen. But I think that (based on your equipment.pzdat file):
Soft Attack = 2 (maybe even 1, as a soldier with a rifle and bayonet chance to win maybe more than a soldier with a blade)
Ground Defense ... Yes, probably 2-3, as in the attack, they are forced to leave cover and have no armor to protect them from bullets and shells.
Close Defense - I think this is their only possible advantage. I think they have this option must be equal to 3.

As for the grenadiers. Interesting and useful unit. I would have corrected these figures:

Initiative: 3, maybe even 4 (can attack at long range, before the approach of the enemy)
Hard Attack: 1 (I doubt that the mine could easily undermine the tank, though ... Maybe you're right)

Thanks a lot for your time and suggestion.
I can say I'm 90% agree with you. The only thing I might change is the soft attack of the sward-man, I think they should be higher in a close combat. Also, that will make the units more "useful" in some aspect.
Also, I'm making another units called "Chinese militia", that unit will be with low cost, and much lower performance.

Thanks again.
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Eltare wrote:

I made the adjustment as you suggested, from some test, it's real balanced~! Thanks a lot~!
Eltare
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Eltare »

Naturesheva wrote:I made the adjustment as you suggested, from some test, it's real balanced~! Thanks a lot~!
I was glad to help.

But not sure if my suggestions - the best. They are made about, without any calculations. So maybe you make something better ;)
naturesheva

Post by naturesheva »

Eltare wrote: I was glad to help.

But not sure if my suggestions - the best. They are made about, without any calculations. So maybe you make something better ;)
With your help. I believe the next version (might be this weekend) will be much better~! :D :D

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”