Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

Post by terminator »

Guille stopped giving signs of life a few months ago ?
bondjamesbond
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by bondjamesbond »

terminator wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:26 am Guille stopped giving signs of life a few months ago ?

Perhaps he was banned like many others for complaints from the visionary and snitch Yuri Fan :wink:
https://wwii.space/картины-и-рисунки-ссср-часть-8/5/
Last edited by bondjamesbond on Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://mynickname.com/id73473
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

uzbek2012 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:40 am Any chance for JU-87 G icon ? :)

http://streitmacht.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 8&start=75
Can you re-upload the image of JU-87G on this link ? It doesn't show me anymore
Locarnus
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Locarnus »

Just wanted to show how Guille's Tiger P model and Dwight's Camo Paintshop change the rarely used Ferdinand/Elefant into a whole upgrade family:
Thank you for your years of work!

longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

Has someone the latest version of collection, more recent than first post(from 2020)?

Guille, if you come back, could you create a M26 Pershing with similar camo than Bebro used in is US MC campaign please? or share campo png and I can do itwith DCS software.
I mean this camo
camo.PNG
camo.PNG (332.96 KiB) Viewed 2602 times
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Hello to all, and sorry for the long leave...
There were various reasons for my absence here, which, more or less in order of importance were:

- I had a lot of work, and few free time to spare (bear in mind that I am in crappy Argentina, which has similar economy indicators as noted economic powers as Venezuela, Zimbabwe, etc...) So, one is forced to work harder and harder for an ever diminishing profit...
- My old, die hard little netbook finally gave up (no data loss, fortunately).
- Also, I felt a little worn out.
- Very lately, I re-discovered my copy of Master of Orion 2, game which, combined with a fan made improvement patch I found somewhere in the net, and the use of a game Editor, started again to give me a lot of fun... ;-)
- Also, and most annoyingly, there was a moron that started to send me private messages insulting me... Never answered him, so even a retarded like him realized that it was just a loss of time and stopped doing that. He seems to have vanished from the forum (fortunately). I suppose that everyone here can guess who was he, he liked to name his users after great strategists (Rommel, Bonaparte, etc) but he clearly was not a strategist at all...

Well, I am back here, and with the intention to re-start supporting other users with some stuff. But, I am thinking about making things "not so free" like before... Will I start charging for the files uploaded here? Of course not, but I don't want anyone (the ones who don´t give anything by themselves to the community, the "askers but no givers") to have free access to my files, which of course, take part of my time to make them. And, as all of you know, time is the only thing that when it is lost, its gone forever.

But more about that later...
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Well, looking to the different threads here, the only important things (for me) happening here are the further development of the Battlefield Europe mod (v 2.4 released!), the heroic Locarnus still updating, adding new ideas and developing his excellent add-on for that mod, and some nice icons uploaded by Birgeria. Thanks to all the people involved in those works!!

About the Locarnus add-on, I read that he included in the equipment file the anti-ship missile launching variants of the Do-217 and He-177 bombers. So, I took the Do-217 subject and decided to make a little research by myself, focused on the late "unstepped cockpit" canopy variants, which mainly were the Do-217K and Do-217M.

What I found was: Those two variants were similar in concept, the main difference was that the M variant used in-line engines (DB 603) and the 217K used radial engines.

The 217M was mainly used as a bomber, with some aircraft converted to carry and launch missiles (just one weapon recessed under the fuselage), so my focus went to the radial engined variants, which mainly were:
- Do-217K-1: regular bomber.
- Do-217K-2: missile carrier, with two under wing pylons for launching FX-1400 missiles, and longer wingspan (it had 5 m longer wingspan compared to the basic variant).
- Do-217K-3: same as K-2, but with the possibility to launch Fx-1400 or Hs-293 missiles and also the longer span wings.

So, what´s in the pack?

- Detailed icons for the Do-217K-1 bomber and Do-217K-3 missile launcher aircraft (to differentiate both variants present in the Locarnus Add-on).
- Big unit portrait for the long wing Do-217K-3
- A special Hs-293 launching animation for the K-3 variant, which can be for sure easily adapted to other aircraft icons like the He-177.
- The offset for the Hs-293 animation in the efx file.

Have fun!!
Attachments
Dornier Do-217K big (foto2).jpg
Dornier Do-217K big (foto2).jpg (34.21 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
Dornier Do-217K (foto1).jpg
Dornier Do-217K (foto1).jpg (25.74 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
Do-217K Unit Pack.rar
(101.68 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

HI !
https://mega.io/
You can give a link to any paid file sharing service and from advertising from it you will receive some money for each download and viewing)
Locarnus

Post by Locarnus »

guille1434 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:12 am Hello to all, and sorry for the long leave...
There were various reasons for my absence here, which, more or less in order of importance were:

- I had a lot of work, and few free time to spare (bear in mind that I am in crappy Argentina, which has similar economy indicators as noted economic powers as Venezuela, Zimbabwe, etc...) So, one is forced to work harder and harder for an ever diminishing profit...
- My old, die hard little netbook finally gave up (no data loss, fortunately).
- Also, I felt a little worn out.
Yeah, economically hard times hurt the least affluent the most, both among countries as well as within a country. And then the issues start multiplying and one thing leads to another. I wish you the best during these tough times!

guille1434 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:12 am - Very lately, I re-discovered my copy of Master of Orion 2, game which, combined with a fan made improvement patch I found somewhere in the net, and the use of a game Editor, started again to give me a lot of fun... ;-)
Just last week started my first quick MoO 2 playthrough in years (with fan patch 1.50i). :wink:
Was a bit rusty at the start, but got a bit lucky as well and catching up was a lot of fun!

guille1434 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:12 am - Also, and most annoyingly, there was a moron that started to send me private messages insulting me... Never answered him, so even a retarded like him realized that it was just a loss of time and stopped doing that. He seems to have vanished from the forum (fortunately). I suppose that everyone here can guess who was he, he liked to name his users after great strategists (Rommel, Bonaparte, etc) but he clearly was not a strategist at all...

Well, I am back here, and with the intention to re-start supporting other users with some stuff. But, I am thinking about making things "not so free" like before... Will I start charging for the files uploaded here? Of course not, but I don't want anyone (the ones who don´t give anything by themselves to the community, the "askers but no givers") to have free access to my files, which of course, take part of my time to make them. And, as all of you know, time is the only thing that when it is lost, its gone forever.

But more about that later...
Oof, didn't know he used direct pm for insults as well, just saw the occasional thread. Imho that puts it on another level, threads are somewhat avoidable spaces, but a pm is imho far across the line. I'm sorry to hear that.

guille1434 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:42 am Well, looking to the different threads here, the only important things (for me) happening here are the further development of the Battlefield Europe mod (v 2.4 released!), the heroic Locarnus still updating, adding new ideas and developing his excellent add-on for that mod, and some nice icons uploaded by Birgeria. Thanks to all the people involved in those works!!

About the Locarnus add-on, I read that he included in the equipment file the anti-ship missile launching variants of the Do-217 and He-177 bombers. So, I took the Do-217 subject and decided to make a little research by myself, focused on the late "unstepped cockpit" canopy variants, which mainly were the Do-217K and Do-217M.

What I found was: Those two variants were similar in concept, the main difference was that the M variant used in-line engines (DB 603) and the 217K used radial engines.

The 217M was mainly used as a bomber, with some aircraft converted to carry and launch missiles (just one weapon recessed under the fuselage), so my focus went to the radial engined variants, which mainly were:
- Do-217K-1: regular bomber.
- Do-217K-2: missile carrier, with two under wing pylons for launching FX-1400 missiles, and longer wingspan (it had 5 m longer wingspan compared to the basic variant).
- Do-217K-3: same as K-2, but with the possibility to launch Fx-1400 or Hs-293 missiles and also the longer span wings.

So, what´s in the pack?

- Detailed icons for the Do-217K-1 bomber and Do-217K-3 missile launcher aircraft (to differentiate both variants present in the Locarnus Add-on).
- Big unit portrait for the long wing Do-217K-3
- A special Hs-293 launching animation for the K-3 variant, which can be for sure easily adapted to other aircraft icons like the He-177.
- The offset for the Hs-293 animation in the efx file.

Have fun!!
Thank you so much!
It is good to have you back!

I'll plan the Do-217 icons and animation for the next updates!
Those guided missiles could be a game changer against allied sea superiority late in the war (eg for a late SeaLion).
A bit overwhelmed with real life issues at the moment, just couldn't ignore BE 2.4.

About my mask request from last page: I made a (rather crude) mask for the Tiger P for Dwight's Camo Paintshop, if anyone is interested. The Tiger P camo variants in my last post are based on that. I did not post the mask so far, since it is pretty rough around the edges. After all it was the first mask I made and I kept finding issues with my earlier attempts. It now seems to work ok, at least for the camos I used it for, though I'm still learning and improving in that regard.
longer, alternative "PG" like Campaign new version 0.34 from 2011.08.02 (another bugfix & now in zip format)
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Locarnus, and all other constructive member of this community.

I just finished the updated base icons and masks for the Sturmtiger unit. In the pack, I included the base icons, masks, big unit portrait and the game ready icons, including the hypothetical desert and SE desert colored units (my favorite ones!).
Also, as a bonus, I added the new/updated base icons for the Tiger tank in early and late model variants, in case you want to differentiate the early and late versions of that tank in your add-on.

Check your PM inbox for the download link.

By the way, for your info, I tell you that version 1.50.20 of the Moo2 Mod patch was released on October, 25th. :-)

More stuff is coming: the much needed Jagd Sturmtiger, and also some new/reworked Italian infantry type unit icons (including Italian Marines, which were asked by some member elsewhere, and I find that type of units interesting)

To all other interested members, the download link will be available, but not in a "free for all" policy...

As per the new "restricted" distribution policy of my graphics, anyone interested in obtaining those files should send me a private message and I will answer with the link to download the file. Of course, members who do not add something useful to the community will be ignored.

Sorry, but this is the price to pay because of certain "people" attitude to the community. I hope you understand.

Greetings to all!
Attachments
Sturmtiger-AT.png
Sturmtiger-AT.png (37.53 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Another hypothetical but interesting unit: the 15 cm Sturmmorser Panther. It was a design destined to be used in infantry support missions to deal with heavily fortified field positions or combat in built up areas (the Stalingrad experience was taken seriously, it seems). Basically, it was a Panther tank chassis, complete with its turret with the main gun replaced with a short barrelled 15 cm howitzer derived from the one used in the Brummbar assault gun.

The unit pack includes the basic icons, masks and the usual assortment of game-ready icons in different camo patterns.
Enjoy!!
Attachments
15cm_Sturmmorser_Panther-1.png
15cm_Sturmmorser_Panther-1.png (86.78 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
15cm Sturmmoser Panther.jpg
15cm Sturmmoser Panther.jpg (73.43 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

why do we need the universe of star warriors if there are real drawings and even prototypes of equipment))) It's strange that they haven't made a remix of the Star General yet, because the Fantastic General has already released two parts)))
https://playclassic.games/games/turn-ba ... eral/play/
https://waralbum.ru/community/armor/62/

http://squarefaction.ru/game/star-general
Last edited by bondjamesbond on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Star General! One of the more under-rated games of the "General" series... I know, it took an eternity for the computer to process the AI turns, but I had a lot of fun playing it! Nice memory...
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

guille1434 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:32 pm Star General! One of the more under-rated games of the "General" series... I know, it took an eternity for the computer to process the AI turns, but I had a lot of fun playing it! Nice memory...
Hello )
https://panzergeneraldownload.com/star-general.html
I agree on the now deceased forum there were even a couple of pictures on the engine of the Panzer Corps game
http://www.designmodproject.de/
now these pictures are not available for viewing :cry:
https://archive.ph/www.designmodproject.de
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Thanks 007 for the link to the download page, I have the Star General stored somewhere, but it is always good to have a backup. :-)
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Now, some loose ideas about Marine Infantry type units...

I was never comfortable with the idea about a Marine infantry unit (troops who are supposed to be trained to assault enemy held coastal territories) disembarking and then quietly sitting on the beaches waiting for the enemy to fire its artillery and use their units to attack them with the most probable result of the marines being annihilated or having to surrender.
To remedy this, I was thinking to give marine units a switch (I think something similar is used for the sturmpionere units on their rubber boats, used in the PAK and other mos also):

- Small Landing craft switch: a unjt with shallow sea movement (may be also straits and lake type hexes) with some soft and (limited) hard attack capability (also may be the "bunkerkiller" trait to deal with light coastal field fortifications) in order to be able to "clear" the beach. Then on next turn, they can switch to...

- Infantry type unit with land type movement which can move on the beach and make and attack to any enemy unit nearby.

In a second (and more experimental) stage, may be we can configure a "land transport" type unit but with deep/shallow sea movement capability which can function as a "truck" for the landing craft unit. It remains to know if the program allows a sea movement capable unit to mount and unmount from a ship that it is actually a "land truck" on a sea hex.

Additionally, we can also make a sea mobile artillery class unit which (in all effects a sea movement capable SP artillery unit) can be positioned next to the Marines unit positioned ashore, ready to provide fire support to the hard pressed Marines if and when counter-attacked by the enemy. In fact, such a unit existed, it was called the LCT(R): Landing Craft Tank (Rocket) which was a regular LCT ship but with a deck occupied by approximately 1000 rocket launching rails to saturate the enemy beach before the assault.

Interestingly enough, the German also had their special "Marine" infantry unit, called Marinestosstruppkompanie (MSK), I think they acted more like a Commando type unit, but, as told by Wikipedia:

The Marinestosstruppkompanie (marine shock-troop company) was a secret Kriegsmarine formation formed in 1938 in Swinemünde from Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung 123.

In September 1938, a reinforced platoon led by Lt. Walter Schug embarked on the German battleship Deutschland headed for Spain, where it blew up a Republican radio station on the island of Ibiza.

In March 1939, MSK was among German forces occupying Memelland. Under the command of Oblt. Wilhelm Henningsen the MSK trained for future missions.

On 24 August 1939, the 230-men strong MSK embarked on the German minesweeper M-1 in Memel and was transferred to SMS Schleswig-Holstein in preparation for the German invasion of Poland. In the early hours of 1 September 1939, MSK disembarked Schleswig-Holstein in order to attack the Polish military transit depot Westerplatte in Danzig harbour. After the fall of the fortress, MSK was used in the occupation of Gdynia and in the battle of Hel peninsula.

MSK remained active for the rest of World War II mainly on the Eastern Front.
Attachments
LCT_Launching_Rockets.jpg
LCT_Launching_Rockets.jpg (57.36 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
Ita_Marine_Inf39.png
Ita_Marine_Inf39.png (24.41 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
bondjamesbond

Post by bondjamesbond »

https://en.topwar.ru/95924-boevye-deyst ... voyny.html

"Group 017"
Soviet saboteurs against the Georgian special group "Tamara" and the regiment "Brandenburg-800"

75 years ago, in the autumn of 1941, near Odessa, in the area of ​​the village of Grigoryevka, a group of special forces of the Black Sea Fleet, consisting of twenty-three reconnaissance paratroopers, landed. He commanded the marines, who were part of the reconnaissance and sabotage group, foreman Anatoly Kuznetsov.

Grenades - at headquarters

The release to the rear of the 15th Romanian division was deliberately carried out at night (September 22), which the allies of Nazi Germany, accustomed to easy victories in the summer of 1941, did not expect at all. The panic among the enemies intensified after the special forces, cutting off a number of communications (five main telephone lines), left the enemy troops without communication, and then completely defeated the headquarters of one of the regiments of the Romanian division. In undermining the command post, together with enemy officers, blown up by bundles of grenades, Marine Mikhail Negreba distinguished himself, for which he was awarded the Order of Lenin after the operation. The saboteurs did not stop there: warehouses with weapons, fuel and lubricants and other important military infrastructure facilities were blown up.

Having successfully coped with the combat mission, in the morning the group joined the 3rd Marine Regiment, which, in turn, the very next day went out to join the main forces of the Odessa garrison, which advanced to break through to meet the marines. All this contributed to the successful landing of the main amphibious assault. The captured Romanian soldiers and officers testified during interrogations that the command of the units of the 15th division for a long time could not understand where the offensive was coming from - from the sea, from the air, or was it counterattacking the ground units defending Odessa. This led to a general panic in the ranks of the Romanians.

According to the results of the successful operation, all surviving members of the "Group 017" (and there were no more than ten of them) were awarded the Order of the Red Banner. Commissar of the marine brigade Mikhail Gavrilovich Stepanenko reported to the Member of the Military Council of the Black Sea Fleet that the creation and deployment of the reconnaissance and sabotage group fully justified itself. And the command of the brigade began to create a larger parachute detachment on the basis of the special forces team.

They were given out by well-fed, well-groomed faces

The formation of a larger unit, it was decided to move to Kacha. The next goal of the special purpose group was landing on the airfield in Evpatoria, captured by the enemy. But at the last moment before the operation, the task of dropping the German-Romanian troops to the rear (due to the deteriorating situation) was replaced: the detachment was sent to guard the airfield in Chersonese - there was a high probability that the Nazis, in turn, would launch their landing operation and try to capture and this airport.

At the same time, paratroopers were called upon to guard the 35th coastal battery. Due to the security and personnel of the battery, the size of the special purpose group was brought up to a company. It should be noted that these precautions were far from being in vain. According to the memoirs of a member of the "Group 017" senior sergeant of the Marine Corps V. E. Gurin, there were constant provocations from enemy spies and saboteurs sent to the location of the battery and the airfield. Dressed in the uniform of the Red Navy, German agents tried to persuade some of the paratroopers to treason. But since all members of the special forces were exceptionally morally stable volunteers, the end of such attempts was always the same - the execution of provocateurs on the spot without trial or investigation.

Finally, from the side of the sea, under the cover of night, the Germans landed troops from boats on Cape Khersones. The surprise of the situation was that at first the Nazis were mistaken for their own, since they were dressed in our uniform. The Nazis even managed to penetrate the area of ​​the 35th battery. And this at first caused panic in the ranks of the Red Navy. However, the commanders very quickly put things in order among their subordinates and organized a united rebuff to the enemy, scattering the "mummers" along the coastline and coastal territory.

After a night battle, during which some of the Nazis were taken prisoner, the rest of the saboteurs were also caught and neutralized the next morning. As the same Gurin recalls, there were attempts on the part of the German paratroopers to infiltrate the ranks of the Red Navy - fortunately, the uniform, it would seem, allowed. But well-fed, well-fed faces betrayed enemy agents in them. The captured Fritz showed that the purpose of the German landing operation was to capture the command staff of the Chersonesos airfield and the 35th battery, followed by the capture of a bridgehead at Cape Chersonesos.

"Tamara", "Tamara-1", "Tamara-2"

Moreover, during further investigation it turned out that the pseudo-Red Navy, who are fluent in Russian, are not just anyone, but military personnel of the sixth company of the second battalion of the Brandenburg-800 regiment. However, this was not the last meeting with enemy "colleagues". Be that as it may, "Group 017" fully shared the heroic fate of the defenders of Sevastopol. Needless to say, the fights were incredibly brutal. And in addition to the saboteurs of the Brandenburg-800 regiment, the marines of the Black Sea Fleet also had to deal with collaborators-provocateurs from among Georgian emigrants, in particular, nationalists from the special group Tamara.

This sabotage unit was created in the bowels of the German military intelligence Abwehr, or rather, its department "Abwehr-2" just before the invasion of the Wehrmacht into the territory of the USSR - June 20, 1941. Order number 53/41 was signed by Major General Lahousen and provided for the creation of the Tamara Special Forces Group under the command of a German officer Oberleutnant Krammer at the headquarters of "Romania". Recall that the department "Abwehr-2" specialized in sabotage, sabotage and terror in the rear of the Red Army, but most importantly - undermining its morale and the decomposition of personnel. In addition, collaborators from "Tamara" were called upon to provoke nationalist sentiments and subversive activities both among the Red Navy and among the local population.

In turn, this unit was divided into Tamara-1 and Tamara-2. The first, directly engaged in terror and sabotage, was also headed by the German non-commissioned officer Eric Hermann. It was not numerous - only one and a half dozen people. The other (operational-reconnaissance) half, up to a company (Tamara-2), was personally commanded by Krammer. The leadership of the Abwehr greatly appreciated their wards. This is understandable, given that up to a quarter of the soldiers of the Soviet Crimean (formed from the Caucasian) front were ethnic Georgians. And from the operational space that opened up before the collaborators of "Tamara", their curators from "Abwehr-2" simply took their breath away.

Numerous provocations and attempts to draw national cadres from among the sailors and Red Army soldiers to the side of the enemy are only one of the points in which saboteurs carry out operations on the Soviet Crimean front. In addition, at certain moments it came to open combat clashes between the paratroopers of the "Group 017" and the nationalists of "Tamara".

Many of the members of the sabotage detachment of marines died in battle. Nevertheless, a separate airborne company of the Black Sea Fleet Air Force was subsequently formed on its basis, the fighters of which carried the glory of the legendary "Group 017" through the entire war with honor.
And this is generally a super power))) And this is generally a super force marine parachutists !

Use the Branderburg 800 mode switch button to teach the saboteurs who will be able to make their way to the rear)))
Brandenburg Company in Soviet uniform
https://dzen.ru/media/id/5e364b0053de57 ... 32e49975fb

http://opoccuu.com/italinswwii.htm
http://www.opoccuu.com/roa.htm

https://forma-odezhda.com/encyclopedia/ ... zhileta-2/

https://wwii.space/Фото-США-Морские-пех ... о-время-в/

Whose Marines fought better during the war: American or Soviet?
https://dzen.ru/media/id/5c38d5b0a6047e ... 03e8f8b8ac

Italian parachutist swimmers.
https://dzen.ru/a/YUHW_XYbfzoXtpZ_

https://novyefoto.ru/fotos/Forma-Nemets ... -Foto.html
cw58

Post by cw58 »

guille1434 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:08 pm
- Small Landing craft switch: a unjt with shallow sea movement (may be also straits and lake type hexes) with some soft and (limited) hard attack capability (also may be the "bunkerkiller" trait to deal with light coastal field fortifications) in order to be able to "clear" the beach. Then on next turn, they can switch to...

- Infantry type unit with land type movement which can move on the beach and make and attack to any enemy unit nearby.

In a second (and more experimental) stage, may be we can configure a "land transport" type unit but with deep/shallow sea movement capability which can function as a "truck" for the landing craft unit. It remains to know if the program allows a sea movement capable unit to mount and unmount from a ship that it is actually a "land truck" on a sea hex.
I'm going to edit this first post so that everyone will know there is an issue with my next several posts. The tests and theories are sound but there is a problem during a campaign's deployment phase that I forgot about until after I wrote these posts. Don't worry about completely understanding them just yet; skim thru to the end and then decide if you want to try to comprehend my ramblings. :oops: My apologies to all of you and, most especially, to Guille.

It's good to have you back, Guille. I've missed our theory-crafting sessions. :D

I played around with the amphibious-landing aspect of the game a couple years back, as I wasn't content with the vanilla. I finally settled on a 2-switch unit: landing craft(w/ offensive capability)→infantry (with amphibious movement). After landing, those poor marines had to hoof it wherever they went. It was acceptable but not optimal.

If I understand you correctly, you are proposing a 3-switch unit: landing craft→infantry→amphibious truck. The problem, as I see it, is you'll have a hard time getting back to the infantry switch. The truck would have to be in a water hex, switch to landing craft and then to infantry. So your infantry is stuck on the beach or will have to walk inland. And if you accidentally switch to your truck, then you'll have to drive all the way back to the ocean or fight the rest of the battle from the back of the truck. :oops:

But something you said in your post gave me an idea. I'll share that in my next post, along with a screenshot(s).
Last edited by cw58 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cw58

Post by cw58 »

amphib 1.jpg
amphib 1.jpg (404.12 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
Here is a marine unit on a vanilla landing craft. Recognize the icon? It's one of yours from a few years back ;)

Notice the unit's amphibious movement in the info panel. And if you look closely, you can see that unit could be deployed right where it is.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”