Blank pages in new digital rule book and Rise of Rome

Forum for technical support for the digital reader version of Field of Glory.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

mdruiz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Blank pages in new digital rule book and Rise of Rome

Post by mdruiz »

I'm getting blank pages in both the new versions of rule book and Rise of Rome.

I downloaded the new versions and now, when I try to open one, I just get a blank page. Strangely, if I tap on the screen, I can see the bar at the top and choose either Close or the control at the top right that gives you the "carrousel" page scroller thing at the bottom. If I then choose a page from that carrousel, I get a blank page again. This behavior is the same in both books.

I have an iPad Air with the latest software updates. I tried deleting the app and then restoring purchases, and I tried just trashing the book and downloading again.

This is really frustrating. I've finally gotten an army painted, and I was planning on playing this game for the first time this weekend. Now I don't have a rule book!

Not happy.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blank pages in new digital rule book and Rise of Rome

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. It sounds like your app and the content are out of synch.

When you grab the new version of the reader you need also update to the latest version of the content (FoG/Rise of Rome).

It may be that the servers don't release all the content simultaneously as we are not able to control exactly when it releases - we just flick a switch. Try downloading the new content released today and this should fix the issue.
mdruiz

Post by mdruiz »

IainMcNeil wrote:Sorry you are having problems. It sounds like your app and the content are out of synch.

When you grab the new version of the reader you need also update to the latest version of the content (FoG/Rise of Rome).

It may be that the servers don't release all the content simultaneously as we are not able to control exactly when it releases - we just flick a switch. Try downloading the new content released today and this should fix the issue.
I just tried a few minutes ago, but hopefully you are still right. I'll try again later today.
mdruiz

Post by mdruiz »

Got it. For some reason I thought that the reader had updated, but it hadn't…even when I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Now that I've actually updated the app, the books seem to be working fine.

Kudos on the "Retina" images and text! And I love the chapter contents in the sidebars! Everything looks great.

Cheers!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Great glad it is working and you are enjoying it!

Return to “Tech Support”