Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Tassadar wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:41 am
Khancotlette wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:51 am Dear devs, please add 'generic' infantry units with no national prefixes in their names. You could use any existing model which looks 'generic' enough. It's very sad that you can't give infantry to the factions that currently don't have it (Turkey, Finland etc.) in the editor. The only way to solve it right now is to use Soviet "conscripts" or "regulars" (which have no national prefix for some strange reason). If there are generic light cruisers, battleships, trucks etc. why not to add units which are called "infantry", "heavy infantry", "mountaineers" etc. I know it's quite easy to do so via modding, but I do think that this option should exist in the base game as well.
I second the suggestion to add some generic units for more factions that currently do not have any - especially infantry and indeed they can just be basic clones of existing units. It's something that can be modded of course, but would be nice to have it official.

That said, the "Pacific General" DLC should greatly expand the existing unit roster and that's probably going to be the primary focus - Japan, probably China and Thailand as well. It's true however that some of the minor powers still got the short end of the stick and poor Finland is in the worst situation with basically an empty list aside from I think a few transports.
Tassadar for President! 😉 I have been asking for months to create some generic infantry units for the minor factions ... for example I hate English clones for Holland and Norway! about Finland I am now famous here for the scandals I have made 😂
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

I hope this is the right topic to make a suggestion.

On winter maps, the movement dots are too light (almost white), they fade into the snowy background and hard to see on the screen as there is almost no contrast. Could you please consider to change the color of the dots on these maps?
milosh
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by milosh »

Not sure if this was discussed before but I would really like to have the option to supply German allies (Italians, Romanians etc.) with captured/obsolete weapons (or even new weapons, why not) to give them a fighting chance against Soviet armor.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

milosh wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:01 pm Not sure if this was discussed before but I would really like to have the option to supply German allies (Italians, Romanians etc.) with captured/obsolete weapons (or even new weapons, why not) to give them a fighting chance against Soviet armor.
If this 'In-Fact' really happened?... then I would say... go-for-it!. Otherwise... this belongs in an 'An-Historical... [Realistically plausible reality] Campaign'.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

milosh wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:01 pm Not sure if this was discussed before but I would really like to have the option to supply German allies (Italians, Romanians etc.) with captured/obsolete weapons (or even new weapons, why not) to give them a fighting chance against Soviet armor.
I have, somewhere, in the past made this suggestion/request too. It would really give some meaningful purpose and use for all that captured equipment that you have collected over the course of the various DLCs, but would probably never use most of it in your core because your standard German equipment is usually better and unlimited. A Matilda II tank, for example, is obsolete for your army in 1942, but beats the standard Hungarian, Romanian, or Italian tank. Plus, since many players are swimming in extra prestige, its cost is not likely to be a factor either. Think later North Africa campaign. Replace those Italian tanks with captured T-34 (40 or 41) tanks! But I can see negatives doing this too...
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

Two mini-suggestions.

- I struggled through the Wehrmacht campaign, chose the path to Berlin and made a "decisive" victory there. It would be great to have an epilogue after the end of the war. The game ends suddenly without any conclusion. I pretty much liked the PzC I Berlin-redux ending :)

- I miss an overall statistic of kills / losses / all stats in addition to the unit history
BarbarianHunter
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BarbarianHunter »

Include what movement points a unit will lose when strat bombed in the Combat Prediction popup ("L" hotkey).

Right now I just bomb and hope a unit will lose enough movement and so as to make it surrenderable if the 2/3rds threshold of its non-suppressed damage is met or exceeded.
Attachments
4.2-Bomber Prediction.jpg
4.2-Bomber Prediction.jpg (811.78 KiB) Viewed 3081 times
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

truth80 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:12 am Two mini-suggestions.

- I struggled through the Wehrmacht campaign, chose the path to Berlin and made a "decisive" victory there. It would be great to have an epilogue after the end of the war. The game ends suddenly without any conclusion. I pretty much liked the PzC I Berlin-redux ending :)

- I miss an overall statistic of kills / losses / all stats in addition to the unit history
We could have some such options... such as "Operation Unthinkable"... which was in the planning, but never put into action. There might also be some other suggestions or angles that can be brought to our attention... feel free to present them!.

Such as the Japanese were on their way to being defeated... perhaps the Chinese army could now take a crack at Russia?... when Russia was very busy at Berlin... far across on the eastern side of Europe... in Germany. With the Chinese on one side and General Patton on the Other... the Russian Bear could be taken down!.
BarbarianHunter
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Give option (check here for decimal predictor) to show extended decimal combat prediction with every combat.

Rather than hitting the "L" HotKey I'd like to have an option for an extended 2-decimal predictor on the standard screen.
(edit: perhaps a HotKey to toggle the 2-decimal predictor on & off so I don';t have to open & analyze the "L" HotKey predictor)
Panzer Corps 2   2_19_2022 2_36_10 PM---Extended2.jpg
Panzer Corps 2 2_19_2022 2_36_10 PM---Extended2.jpg (1017.65 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
Example: My 20 STR consolidator Panzer1b tank was on a overrun rampage and I became accustomed to the 0-11 predictor being an overrun. In this case, it wasn't. I had ample ability to send a recon car or two to the battle (which would raise the overrun chance to a near certainty). If I wanted to be sure of my combat odds, I'd have to check the "L" HotKey though each and every time. If I had an option to extend the standard combat prediction without having to hit the "L" HotKey, that would be a definite quality of life improvement and make the game flow more pleasurably allowing me to make meaningful decisions as to whether to attack or bring in a recon.

Presently, I send a recon for anything less than xx.75 and take my chances otherwise. If I find that there was not an overrun, I hit the undo button and see if the odds were less than 10.75. If they were, I adjust.

To make a long story short, I'd like the option for a 2-decimal option for the standard combat predictor (see images).

Love the game BTW.
Panzer Corps 2   2_19_2022 2_36_18 PM---Extended.jpg
Panzer Corps 2 2_19_2022 2_36_18 PM---Extended.jpg (985.68 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
BarbarianHunter
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Allow customizable stripes to be placed on top of a given units camo choice similar in size to the rainbow pride stripe.
Example:
This tank has the following heroes: Prooacator, Artillery Support and Ignore ZOC. Another tank has Provocator as well but not Artillery Support or Ignore ZOC. Another has Ignore ZOC but not Artillery Support or Provocator. I'd like the ability to add customizable stripes indicating these and plus other traits to units (see image).
Panzer Corps 2   2_23_2022 10_31_55 AM---CustomCamo.jpg
Panzer Corps 2 2_23_2022 10_31_55 AM---CustomCamo.jpg (616.63 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Hi guys i was thinking that maybe in 1944 dlc that operation Valkyrie is a series of missions and the Player Character and Wager try to help them sucess in there endever. I also think that maybe adding another character to the story ether a female German officers or a Infantry hero that not real but has been with the corp from the beginneing or have us (player general and Wager) take part in the Warsaw up rising and that where we feel like we have lose our way a prow solders and the hold mission is the try and capture some or all of the Polish citizens or fight the SS to get all the people out or something.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

I would like to see the Finnish/Russian winter war-gamed here in PC2.
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

would be cool if panzer corp do the Korean War
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Jonesy1760 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:30 am I would like to see the Finnish/Russian winter war-gamed here in PC2.
Agreed!!!... I too would have preferred to have had that Campaign [with fresh perspectives?... new angles... different approaches and so on.] included in this PzCr2 compilation as well... somewhat or even quite similar to what "Order of Battle World War II" has done.
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:58 pm
Jonesy1760 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:30 am I would like to see the Finnish/Russian winter war-gamed here in PC2.
Agreed!!!... I too would have preferred to have had that Campaign [with fresh perspectives?... new angles... different approaches and so on.] included in this PzCr2 compilation as well... somewhat or even quite similar to what "Order of Battle World War II" has done.
It would be a very short campaign maybe no more then 10 mission at most cause the war was only about 100 days long and ten mission would be push it hard
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

An idea came up concerning husks of killed vehicles that stay on the map/can be put on the map via the editor to create old battle-fields littered with destroyed vehicles and tanks.
they could be put in the structures tab. maybe even give them stats so they could be destroyed/removed by engineers.

sers,
Thomas
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

While i love the limited stock feature and do not play without since it was implemented, i want to suggest an improvement to it, taking it from great to awesome imo.

linking the number of the stock received to the prestige value of the standard unit(without overstrength)

we set a base value of 500 prestige for our example.

when u receive stock of a unit u do: base prestige value divided by units prestige value times stock setting(default is 20, we will use that for this example)

example:
infantry unit at 250 prestige: 500 / 250 * 20 = 40 stock received

usual tank unit at 500 prestige: 500 / 500 * 20 = 20 stock received

super heavy vehicle at 1000 prestige:500 / 1000 * 20 = 10 stock received

like this u will get more of the units u need more of, like infantrie, fighter planes and small vehicles, but get less of the super heavy and more unique units.

maybe we can get a slider for the base prestige value like we have atm for the stock number.

sers,
Thomas
EssexHuang
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by EssexHuang »

Should we add other traits like "no infantry" "no tanks" "no AT" "no recon"?
Sometimes you are not leading a panzer division or your recon cars/planes never receive the supply.
Or you failed to realize that Flak can be used as AT...
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

EssexHuang wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:54 pm Should we add other traits like "no infantry" "no tanks" "no AT" "no recon"?
Sometimes you are not leading a panzer division or your recon cars/planes never receive the supply.
Or you failed to realize that Flak can be used as AT...
Both infantry and tanks are rather key unit types, so for them the trait wold actually make some sense (would be quite a thing for infantry especially given how aside form Azul Infanterie in AO there is no capture/gift infantry). As far as AT, recon and AA units go, there is not that much point in getting traits for them, as all serve support only roles and are not key to a core composition since their roles can be take over by other types of units.
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

EssexHuang wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:54 pm Should we add other traits like "no infantry" "no tanks" "no AT" "no recon"?
Well, no traits I want to have, but why not?
Could be interesting to punish yourself and play without tanks, or only with captured ones.
Not recon could also be interesting, especially in the early years of war when they are almost as strong as tanks.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”