Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by Retributarr »

BELGRADE!...1941:

I am now doing a 2nd 'Play-Through' of this Scenario. The first time... i had rainy-weather on average every 2nd-turn, and then also intermixed with that... quite a few times where rainy-weather would be common for turn after turn. \

What this does... is dramatically slows down the progression of being able to complete the Scenario within the given time limits. Specifically!... you cannot use your 'Aircraft'... and your ground-units now move at a reduced speed. So!!!... with that all taking place... within a tight-schedule to complete the Scenario... you do not now have enough time to finish the task at hand.

Now... on my 2nd-attempt... i can't remember... if i turned-off the designated time-limit for the Scenario... but!... in any case... this extreme intervention of 'Weather'... within a tight-Schedule... does not work!.

I just wanted to make this situation known... it should not be happening!... and if extreme Weather is going to be implemented into the Scenario... then make more turns available to accommodate the causal repricussion's of its effects.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Large 'Hill-Top' Subterranean ME262 Factory with Airstrip on the top of the Hill:

[The First?] Subterranean aircraft factory in Germany... THE AIRCRAFT FACTORY “REIMAHG” AT THEWALPERSBERG NEAR KAHLA.
The Germans newest fighter was ME 262 and it was decided to build a factory in an old mine in Walpersberg near Kahla in order to produce it.

https://kahla.de/data/Gedenkstaette_REI ... 013_UK.pdf
-----------------------------------------------
Airplane factory REIMAHG - Lachs:
By early 1944 the Allies had achieved air superiority over Germany and the the great German industrial cities were being bombed almost daily. In an effort to ensure that production would continue, parts of the German war industry were moved to existing or new mines in southern Germany and Austria.

In the Spring of 1944, 15.000 workers, most of whom were slaves, were taken from concentration camps and put to work expanding the existing tunnels in the mine. The tunnels were enlarged and several large concrete bunkers were poured outside the mine. REIMAHG was to become the largest underground factory, almost 150.000 m². On top of the mountain, a 1.000 meter-long runway was constructed.

The facility was laid out so that the finished fighter could be completed in the mine then escalated to the above runway via chain-driven lifting ramp. It would then take off... with rocket-assist because the runway was not long enough, flying 100 km. to a factory where final details would be completed before the plane was operational.
----------------------------------------------

https://www.battlefieldsww2.com/flugzeu ... lachs.html
---------------------------------------------
REIMAHG
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

Manage your stock!

I am always playing with the limited stock feature. My stock wont forget any units, that means even in 1943 I could buy some panzer I.
I like to have a very clean iventory, that means I dont want to have so much units, that I have to scroll.
My wish is, that I can remove some old units and they wont come back into my stock.

Lets say in >1942 I will never buy some some Panzer IIIJ again, so would like to have a button "delete from stock and never restock again".

As you can see in the screenshot I always try to clean up but some units but some of them come back to a certain point.
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (481.19 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

DefiantXYX wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:31 am Manage your stock!

I am always playing with the limited stock feature. My stock wont forget any units, that means even in 1943 I could buy some panzer I.
I like to have a very clean iventory, that means I dont want to have so much units, that I have to scroll.
My wish is, that I can remove some old units and they wont come back into my stock.

Lets say in >1942 I will never buy some some Panzer IIIJ again, so would like to have a button "delete from stock and never restock again".

As you can see in the screenshot I always try to clean up but some units but some of them come back to a certain point.
Unbenannt.jpg
How did you get 198 stock of the Porsue Tiger tank
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

CaptainRope1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:33 am How did you get 198 stock of the Porsue Tiger tank
I dont know to be honest, they are just there. I am playing with a mod thav adds some units to the game, maybe thats the reason?!
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

CaptainRope1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:33 am How did you get 198 stock of the Porsue Tiger tank
Tiger (P) is a REGULAR unit that becomes available the same time as Tiger I, so with Limited Stock feature it will gets replenished. Actually, every new equipment AO has introduced after Bf109Z, He111Z and that 5-strength Dicker Max (name too long to write) is set to regular one that becomes available when the time comes, which is what I had asked to change for a while. Tiger (P), Panther (P), Panther IVH, all of them.
w_erewolf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by w_erewolf »

I don't know if this is already mentioned somewhere.

But it would be nice to add something to identify if your core is historic/not historic when starting a new campaign.
Maybe an "H" and "N" or something like that.
I have three cores from AO39, and two non-historical, and I don't always remember what core is what.
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

w_erewolf wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:47 pm I don't know if this is already mentioned somewhere.

But it would be nice to add something to identify if your core is historic/not historic when starting a new campaign.
Maybe an "H" and "N" or something like that.
I have three cores from AO39, and two non-historical, and I don't always remember what core is what.
Possible workaround: You can add a letter or two to the filename of the saved core. So, for example, "end_of_005AODLC1942East_1" could be renamed "end_of_005AODLC1942East_1ah." You can then check the date of the core listed in the game against the date of the file in your PC. I just tried it, and it works. Note if you're in the US: PC2 uses the European date format (dd.mm.yy) to identify the saved cores.
Ryba666
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Ryba666 »

So, we will get AO 1944, so i am wonder if soviets get M4A2 Sherman and M4A2 76 (W)? Soviet had elite guards tank units with only lend-lease machines.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

"Limited Stock" feature for other stuff.
This is one of my favorite features in the game and always enabled.

Talking about general traits it might be a good idea to enable this feature for other stuff.
Tbh I dont like some general traits.
"green army" is just too extrem, if you can only repair 3 times with elite replacements.
Same with the trait when you cant repair during a scenario. Especially since the points are not very well balanced, you get +2 for hurting yourself hard while there are some traits that are basically free points...

So, is it possible to change the traits into features, lets say a slider where you can decide how much unit points you can repair?
You could always adjust the slider for any DLC to make it harder but not too hard.
I could imagine a slider for elite replacement and one for green replacements.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

DefiantXYX wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:05 am lets say a slider
I would love sliders for most of the traits and challenges.
robman

Post by robman »

Bee1976 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:36 am
DefiantXYX wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:05 am lets say a slider
I would love sliders for most of the traits and challenges.
Agreed! Most of the multi-point traits could be subdivided, and at least some of the single-point traits expanded. For example, Trophies of War could be 50% increase in prestige and captured units for one point, alongside the existing 100% for two, and reduced supply could be made even worse for two points. I also agree that limited stock should be a trait, not simply an option only. Playing around with these traits is one of the features that makes PC2 so replayable.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

It would require careful balancing - not all traits are meant to be massively increased, but I like the concept. As for limited stock - it would benefit from separate sliders for unit types, inducing an "unlimited" options for basic infantry. All of these however would require some more reasonably major coding edits I imagine, so might not be so easy to justify.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

Tassadar wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:07 am It would require careful balancing
Not at all. If you have a slider for maximum elite repairs from 0 - 100 everyone is free to choose what he wants. Actually it would remove a lot of balancing issues with the general traits, since the effect of the traits changes with every dlc, but the ammount of points its always the same.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

It's mostly about players accidentally getting into the realm of impossible by accidental choices not meant to work with each other. That's of course already possible to a degree, but could get risky with even more freedom. That said, it's now possible to make changes between missions and also it might be gated by a warning message. Just trying to be conscious of the players who run the game, fiddle with the options like crazy on their first try and then leave negative feedback. :)
FrankHelge
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by FrankHelge »

Not a change in game play, but just a few pictures I created today that is free to use.

Frank Markussen
Norway
BaronVonWalrus
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by BaronVonWalrus »

Tassadar wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:07 am It would require careful balancing - not all traits are meant to be massively increased, but I like the concept. As for limited stock - it would benefit from separate sliders for unit types, inducing an "unlimited" options for basic infantry. All of these however would require some more reasonably major coding edits I imagine, so might not be so easy to justify.
This ^^^

I don't use Limited Stock simply because of the impact that will have on my "house rule" of leaning on infantry (foot or schutzen) with support units to accomplish tasks, without fielding a horde of panzers.

If there was a magic solution to specify different stocks for inf and vehicles, that would be wonderful!!
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Hi i thought of a good idea for a gift unit for the Pacific it would be The Bob Simple Tank mostly because it never really saw action and i think most gift units in the game should be that
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Making "Initial-Game-Orientation"... "simpler-easier":

When a "Scenario" has been completed... i usually do not race right in to the next one. A day or so later... i will proceed to carry-on. By this time... sometimes the mission-briefing becomes somewhat hazy or clouded... i'm no-longer absolutely clear on what the mission-objectives were!... or what i am to do!.

To help "Fix" this... in the "TOGGLE-MISSION-OVERVIEW" "access panel"... why-not have a system by where you could just click on each of the set items one by one... and then on the 'Game-Map'... especially where operational target objectives are stipulated to be taken... are now 'High-Lighted" by some 'Color...IE: Purple'... so that the player can quickly and easily identify them without having to scrutinize the Game-Board-Map to search and seek to find them.

Also perhaps there will be a need to capture or eliminate a specific "individual or target"... and for these situations... the same identification procedure could be used as well.
Laedaa
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Laedaa »

Are there any plans to add procedurally generated campaigns (as in "Field of Glory II Medieval" and "Fantasy Generals 2")?
For example, how in scenarios we select a nation, a time period, an enemy, a type of terrain (mountains, plains, coasts), a predominant type of tasks (attack, defense, mixed), the number of scenarios. Scenarios are generated according to the given parameters and we go through one after the other as in a campaign (with a core transfer). At the end, you can save the core for use in another campaign (select the next time period, other opponents, etc.).

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”