Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Bobster66
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Erik's campaigns & mods

Post by Bobster66 »

Erik2 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:39 pm The paras are core units and will appear in a later scenario (or two). So rteat them nice.
How are the paras core units? Team Red does not have a core force.

Anyway, there are a few problems I came across so far with the new Normandy campaign:

In Utah, no Air Commander was awarded for destroying the coastal gun, and all damage was inflicted by air strikes.

Sorry, forgot which one it was but in Dezert or Percy all the panzers were destroyed but the secondary objective still had a question mark at the end even with the counter at zero, so only a minor victory was awarded.

The game sort of hangs at the end of st Martin. After the player's last turn, the German turn completes and then nothing happens. There is no final results screen or advance to the next turn button, but we can open the save/load screen. I tried replaying several times, including shutting the game down and restarting. Eventually I had to use #igotnukes to advance to the next scenario.

Thank you for your efforts to continue releasing new campaigns for us to play!
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

It looks like being a Mac user has finally caught up with me. All the new things Erik has put up this summer and fall hang on loading the first scenario. I'm guessing that is because OoB stopped putting out Mac-compatible updates a couple years ago.

Oh well. Just keep playing the old ones or get a Windows computer just for the games?
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Ah, sorry. I changed the para units from core to aux at some later point.
This was done to prevent the paras in the Utah scenario to deploy at full strength, wich is unrealistic.
The paras will spawn at various historical locations at about 5-strength.

I'll take a look at the other issues, thanks for reporting.
I experienced no AI hangs in any scenario during playtesting, so that is a bit odd.
ADMIRAL3
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ADMIRAL3 »

Hi Eric, have downloaded your new naval mod RN both inside my folder "Eric's mods" and as a stand alone mod inside OOB's MOD folder however in both cases the RN campaign doesn't start after the scenario brief. How should I manage ?
Bobster66

Post by Bobster66 »

Erik2 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:47 am
I experienced no AI hangs in any scenario during playtesting, so that is a bit odd.
My apologies, please ignore my comment about St Martin. I had fallen behind an update or two. Once updated I retried and it was all good.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ADMIRAL3 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:32 pm Hi Eric, have downloaded your new naval mod RN both inside my folder "Eric's mods" and as a stand alone mod inside OOB's MOD folder however in both cases the RN campaign doesn't start after the scenario brief. How should I manage ?
All mods go inside
My Games -> Order of Battle - WW2 -> Mods

Then you run the mod from the main menu.

mods.jpg
mods.jpg (8.83 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
Bobster66

Post by Bobster66 »

I tried the new Naval Mod.

In the first scenario the damage counter does not seem to work properly. All Italian ships were sunk but it shows only 26 of 30 damage was inflicted. Also, the exit hexes on the west edge of the map for the transports does not work, but I did exit a damaged cruiser off the east edge of the map.

In the Raid on Taranto the carrier survived but I wasn't awarded the credit for the secondary objective.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to continue the campaign. The third scenario locks up during the deployment phase.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Bobster66 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:19 am I tried the new Naval Mod.

In the first scenario the damage counter does not seem to work properly. All Italian ships were sunk but it shows only 26 of 30 damage was inflicted. Also, the exit hexes on the west edge of the map for the transports does not work, but I did exit a damaged cruiser off the east edge of the map.

In the Raid on Taranto the carrier survived but I wasn't awarded the credit for the secondary objective.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to continue the campaign. The third scenario locks up during the deployment phase.
Maybe the Italians managed to exit enough cruisers/battleships before you could rack up the damage points.
I'll check Taranto and Spartivento. I know the lattter worked during my internal playtest.
Thanks for reporting
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

No more Mod turns from me, connection hangs after selecting a current game.
I'll try to sort it out this evening.
ADMIRAL3
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ADMIRAL3 »

:idea: :idea: :idea:
Erik2

Operation Market Garden 1944 campaign

Post by Erik2 »

Operation Market Garden 1944 campaign
Link added in first post.

This mini-campaign covers the XXX Corps' attempt to link up with the US and UK para divisions.
The scenarios are fairly large, both maps and number of units.
The players will control the aux para drops in addition to the core XXX Corps units. This means there are a bit of time travel between the 3 last scenarios.

The Allies assigned several brigades in addition to XXX Corps, these would cover the flanks. During my play-tests I found that these units of course added to the workload, but not so much to playability and fun.
I have deactivated these aux units in this version. It is easy to reactivate them in the editor if any players would like to include them.

Scenarios:
Joe's Bridge
Neerpelt - Breakout from Joe's Bridge
Eindhoven - Screaming Eagles over Hell's Highway
All American over Nijmegen
Red Devils over Arnhem

Have fun and please report any issues in this thread.
stevefprice
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by stevefprice »

Hiya Erik,

A possible issue with the first scenario for Naval Mod, my transports hit the 3 exit locations on turn 35 but just sat there so did not register on the exit hex. Gave me a draw despite hitting all objectives.
Royal Navy campaign.jpg
Royal Navy campaign.jpg (474.76 KiB) Viewed 683 times
stevefprice

Post by stevefprice »

Err... Ditto scenario 2 and scenario 3 freezes on deployment :|

So basically same report as Bobster66.

Looks like latest updates have knackered the objective checking?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

01Calabria:
Looks like 9.2.5 broke something in the 'Check Unit Count' trigger, at least for Transports in mods.
Workaround: I replaced this trigger with a 'Check Unit(s) near Hex' trigger and Remove Unit effect for each exit location.

02Taranto:
This one works fine for meg, both deployment and later turns. Note that my naval scenarios usually have large maps (neccessary for proper naval games IMO). This puts a strain on the AI since the possible movement options on open sea is quite large. Patience & a cold beer or hot coffee :wink:

03Spartivento:
This scenario is currently broken (it worked in 9.2.4). It freezes in the deployment phase. I haven't found any obvious issues yet. Players need to use the #igotnukes cheat for now.

I'm holding back a NavalMod update until I either find a fix for Spartivento or remove the scenario.

Edit: Found and fixed the Spartivento bug. It was caused by the same broken 'Check Unit Count' trigger.
Erik2

NavalMod 1.1

Post by Erik2 »

NavalMod 1.1
Updated link in first post.

Royal Navy Med 1940-42:
Fixed 9.2.5 trigger bug in various scenarios
stevefprice

Post by stevefprice »

Hiya Erik,

Good news is Cape Spartivento now works in naval mod 1.1

Bad news is .... Cape Spartivento cannot achieve a major victory. Brief says cripple or sink 4 capitol ships, but there are only 2. It also indicates do 20 points of damage, the issue there is the 2 capital that are present only have 19 points between them so 20/20 damage cannot be done :lol: :lol:
Cape Spartivento.jpg
Cape Spartivento.jpg (492.71 KiB) Viewed 578 times
stevefprice

Post by stevefprice »

Naval mod...

lol. Had a load of spare core ships so sold of a battle ship at start of scenario 4. It triggered the objective not to lose a battleship as soon as I did turn 1... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had to restart to enesure it was back.

Ho hum.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Sunk Italian battleships and heavy cruisers carry over to the next scenario(s).
I see that this may cause issues with certain objectives...
Changing all Italian BBs/CAs to core units may solve the problem (working similar to your scrapping of the RN battleship :wink: ).
But maybe this ony works for core units belonging to the player.

Thanks for reporting
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

stevefprice wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:56 pm Naval mod...

lol. Had a load of spare core ships so sold of a battle ship at start of scenario 4. It triggered the objective not to lose a battleship as soon as I did turn 1... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had to restart to enesure it was back.

Ho hum.
Just about every RN ship in the Med is present in this campaign, so you will have a surplus after a few scenarios.
I could have gone with a more generic ship assignment, but I like to stick to the historic oob.
The resource income is only meant to cover air unit repairs. So the surplus of ships may come in handy later if you suffer ship losses.
Acer6920
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Acer6920 »

Hey Erik,

looks like the pic is missing 1st mission when the new units overvies is showing.
Bild_2022-12-02_212022746.png
Bild_2022-12-02_212022746.png (313.08 KiB) Viewed 490 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”