Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

MicroMod 4.8

Post by Erik2 »

MicroMod 4.8
Link updated in first post.

2v2 Kaluga 1941 1.3
Removed sec obj 'do not lose more than 9 units'.
Doubled resource income.
Most units are now core units.
Increased Soviet supply in the northeast.
Doubled number of bomber units.
Added a couple of fighter units.

2v2 Znamenka 1942 1.3
Doubled resource income.
Doubled number of bomber units.
Added a couple of fighter units.

2v2 Kashira 1941 1.3
Doubled resource income.
Added a few fighter units.
stevefprice
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Erik's campaigns & mods

Post by stevefprice »

Hiya Erik,

A bit of a game changer in Market Garden in the mod. The ability of units to build bunkers and mg nests makes it difficult at Market Garden.

Once you lose the Arnhem bridges, which is inevitable unless the German players are completely incompetent, then they can spend the rest of the game building pill boxes in every hex spreading down to Nijmegan making it impossible to break through even if you can break through at Nijmegan.

The objectives also no longer allow for a draw which was in reality the result. May be worth looking at that to re-asses.

Still my favourite mp game :mrgreen:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

stevefprice wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:15 am Hiya Erik,

A bit of a game changer in Market Garden in the mod. The ability of units to build bunkers and mg nests makes it difficult at Market Garden.

Once you lose the Arnhem bridges, which is inevitable unless the German players are completely incompetent, then they can spend the rest of the game building pill boxes in every hex spreading down to Nijmegan making it impossible to break through even if you can break through at Nijmegan.

The objectives also no longer allow for a draw which was in reality the result. May be worth looking at that to re-asses.

Still my favourite mp game :mrgreen:
Problem is that the bunker/MG nest building is a global setting that can't be turned off for a specific scenario.
I'll check if I can limit this to heavy infantry for MG nests and regular bunkers for engineer units.
Carpet bombing the map does not make for a fun game....house rule?
stevefprice

Post by stevefprice »

Erik2 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:31 am
Likely have to be under those circumstances.

Is a there trigger that checks a hex for a bunker. Could do that and penalise the side that does it and auto destroy the bunker? Would possibly add to the processing time for turns?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

stevefprice wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:21 pm
Erik2 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:31 am
Likely have to be under those circumstances.

Is a there trigger that checks a hex for a bunker. Could do that and penalise the side that does it and auto destroy the bunker? Would possibly add to the processing time for turns?
I don't know if it is possible to create an infinity trigger that checks the whole map for any new bunkers. Will check, though.
conboy
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Erik's campaigns & mods (Operation Typhoon v0.9 beta-test)

Post by conboy »

Dayam, Erik, this is good stuff!

First Scenario played very well, interesting, challenging, etc. BUT scenario did not end when Yelna was captured. I think it would have gone the turn limit but I nuked out.

Second Scenario also played very well - took the objective on the very last turn and it was a close-run thing. No errors.
Kudos!

Again, this is good stuff - plays fast and does not drag, very well balanced scenarios. Usually I wouldn't play a non-historical scenario but these are very very good. I'll keep you posted as I go.

conboy
conboy

Post by conboy »

Erik, the 3rd scenario RP awards are beshat because you have the 4th Supply Link active at the start, so the Heer gets no points (-50 RP in the trigger) because the northern end of the link is Soviet-held at the start. I had the southern links okay after turn 1, but got no RPs awarded. I don't see where any RPs are awarded for being kept open, the trigger just sets the objective to completed -- there's no trigger to award any points.
So, I know you're busy now, so if I wanted to play the scenario as designed, I think I should:
1) Set the 4th supply link trigger to not active from the start, and
2) Award 50 RPs for each link that is open (including Link 4 when the trigger is activated).

Right? If so, I'll make the change and restart.

conboy
conboy

Post by conboy »

So, I did what I said I'd do and restarted the campaign.
The Heer was up to 3000 RPs by turn 4.
Scenario needs a fix on the RPs for the supply links...
Nuked out and moved on. Scenario definitely has potential as a tough tactical situation...

conboy
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

conboy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:49 pm Dayam, Erik, this is good stuff!

First Scenario played very well, interesting, challenging, etc. BUT scenario did not end when Yelna was captured. I think it would have gone the turn limit but I nuked out.

Second Scenario also played very well - took the objective on the very last turn and it was a close-run thing. No errors.
Kudos!

Again, this is good stuff - plays fast and does not drag, very well balanced scenarios. Usually I wouldn't play a non-historical scenario but these are very very good. I'll keep you posted as I go.

conboy
Thanks.
I believe all scenarios except Moscow and maybe one more are historical.
Primary objectives have end-of-scenario-conditions to allow players a chance to fulfill all secondary objectives. But I may change this if players rather have the scenario end early.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

conboy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:22 pm Erik, the 3rd scenario RP awards are beshat because you have the 4th Supply Link active at the start, so the Heer gets no points (-50 RP in the trigger) because the northern end of the link is Soviet-held at the start. I had the southern links okay after turn 1, but got no RPs awarded. I don't see where any RPs are awarded for being kept open, the trigger just sets the objective to completed -- there's no trigger to award any points.
So, I know you're busy now, so if I wanted to play the scenario as designed, I think I should:
1) Set the 4th supply link trigger to not active from the start, and
2) Award 50 RPs for each link that is open (including Link 4 when the trigger is activated).

Right? If so, I'll make the change and restart.

conboy
So this is about 03Kalinin. Noted.
BTW, you should be familiar with some of these later scenarios in their multiplayer versions
Mascarenhas
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Mascarenhas »

New Japan Invasion Cpgn

Turn 28
Near Yamaghira foxhole. Spam dismiss message about radar. No action in this respect. All radar except island already knocked out by land units.
Mascarenhas

Post by Mascarenhas »

Correction: foxhole near Anno.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Mascarenhas wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:05 am New Japan Invasion Cpgn

Turn 28
Near Yamaghira foxhole. Spam dismiss message about radar. No action in this respect. All radar except island already knocked out by land units.
I found no foxholde near Anno. There was a regualr infantry garrison there.
I got no message about radars when Anno was captured (or during turn 28).
All objectives worked for me.
There may be duplicates of commander reward Peter Simson, investigating...
Mascarenhas

Post by Mascarenhas »

I got the commander after taking the southern radar, without any problem by then, at about turn 22.
Mascarenhas

Post by Mascarenhas »

Anyway, it seems, again, a great piece of work. But my old computer gets freezing every one or three rounds. I better get a better hardware to cope with this,
Bobster66
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Bobster66 »

Just when I was looking for something new to try, Erik comes out with a new Eastern Front campaign, perfect! And thank you!

So far have completed the first scenario and the result was a draw even though all objectives are completed. Like Conboy, it didn't end with the capture of Yelna, so I clicked through the last few turns. The tip about the air units in the objective screen was the only thing without a check mark, maybe this is the problem?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Mascarenhas wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:54 pm Anyway, it seems, again, a great piece of work. But my old computer gets freezing every one or three rounds. I better get a better hardware to cope with this,
The scenarios are on the large size and there's quite a number of Japanese AI-units, so an old PC may suffer during the AI turns. Freezes sound odd, though.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

BTW, I'm collecting feedback on both Operations Olympic and Typhoon even if I miss answering posts.
Bobster66

Post by Bobster66 »

Operation Typhoon

#2 - Chelinski - a nice short scenario that worked without issue.

#3 - Kalinin - Although the Heer started with 600 - 700 RPs, I noticed on the fourth turn that it was all gone. The SS gained their 20 per turn but nothing for the Heer. Following Conboy's lead I went in and deleted the 4th supply link objective and triggers then restarted. The scenario then worked well and my ending RP total was about 1000. Aside from the issue with the one objective, this is an excellent scenario that went all the way to the wire.

#4 - Maloyroslavets - This one was pretty easy, only needing 2/3rds of the allotted turns, and ended the scenario with a hefty 2500 RPs. Perhaps consider reducing the number of turns to 24.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Thanks for the Typhoon feedback, added to my issue list.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”