2 unit types

A new title from Shenandoah Studio, the creators of Battle of the Bulge: March to Glory! Europe, beginning of the XIX century. Born from the ashes of the Ancient-Regime, the new French Empire is putting the old continent on fire, spreading the seeds of the Revolution
Darthvegeta800
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

2 unit types

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

I enjoyed the battles I played so far. I put my gaming on hold a bit with it until a patch or 2 is out.
Usually a good idea with most games.

But 2 things I heavily miss in this game are:
1) 'skirmishers' (like Voltigeurs) or a mechanic taking them into account.
2) Guard Units. Unless they pop up later on it is very bizarre to have no Guard units on the map. At Austerlitz for instance i'd expect at least a unit of French Imperial Guard and Guard Cav. While the Russians should at least field an elite unit of their own Guard.

A bit of unit variety will in fact spice up the game a lot. And add more flavor.
I'd also like to break a lance for using historical unit names.

So far though I enjoyed the game despite it's flaws and gave it a positive review.
It has a lot of potential.
Keep up the good work!!!
Field of Glory Digital preferred factions:
- Early Imperial Rome (1000pts)
- Late Republican Rome (850pts)
- Early Sparta (1000pts)
- Late Teutonic Knights (800pts)
- Early 100 Years War Continental English (800pts)
IonutG
Shenandoah
Shenandoah

Re: 2 unit types

Post by IonutG »

Darthvegeta800 wrote:I enjoyed the battles I played so far. I put my gaming on hold a bit with it until a patch or 2 is out.
Usually a good idea with most games.

But 2 things I heavily miss in this game are:
1) 'skirmishers' (like Voltigeurs) or a mechanic taking them into account.
2) Guard Units. Unless they pop up later on it is very bizarre to have no Guard units on the map. At Austerlitz for instance i'd expect at least a unit of French Imperial Guard and Guard Cav. While the Russians should at least field an elite unit of their own Guard.

A bit of unit variety will in fact spice up the game a lot. And add more flavor.
I'd also like to break a lance for using historical unit names.

So far though I enjoyed the game despite it's flaws and gave it a positive review.
It has a lot of potential.
Keep up the good work!!!

Hi Darthvegeta800,
We will consider it for future updates.
Thank you,
Ionut

Return to “March to Glory”