Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by kondi754 »

bru888 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:18 pm kondi, how are you feeling?
I feel quite good, I don't have a fever but I'm just a little weak
Thanks Bru
Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Navman2854 »

kondi, get a lot of rest and hope you're better soon!!
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Navman2854 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:26 pm kondi, get a lot of rest and hope you're better soon!!
kondi754

New project

Post by kondi754 »

When creating the Sandstorm DLC modification, I came up with the idea of creating commanders for units managed by AI
The idea turned into the creation of a pack of commanders for various theaters of war, campaigns created both by Artistocrats and independent

First project - Pack of Commanders for the Battle of Britain Mod (RAF, Luftwaffe and Regia Aeronautica)
I'm planning a package of about 35 commanders - 16 for each side plus 2-3 Italians from the RA Expeditionary Corps stationed in Belgium in autumn and winter 1940-41
First screenshots below :)
Next will be historical mod for BoB Official Mod maybe...

Three the most famous Luftwaffe's experts from Battle of Britain period
1. Oberstleutnant (Lt Col) Adolf Galland, Geschwaderkommodore (Wing Commander) JG 26 "Schlageter"
2. Oberstleutnant Werner Molders, Geschwaderkommodore JG 51
3. Hauptmann (Capt) Helmut Wick, Gruppenkommandeure (Squadron Leader) I./JG 2 "Richthofen" - the best pilot of the Battle of Britain, 42 victories
Attachments
dolfo1.jpg
dolfo1.jpg (417.25 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
vati1.jpg
vati1.jpg (592.16 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
wick1.jpg
wick1.jpg (433.22 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
Igor1941
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Igor1941 »

kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

And three the most famous RAF commanders:
1. F/L Eric Stanley LOCK, 41th Squadron (Spitfires), the best RAF pilot of BoB period, 21 victories
2. S/L Robert "Bob" Stanford TUCK, commander of 257th Squadron (Hurricanes)
3. S/L Adolph Gysbert "Sailor" MALAN, commander of 74th Squadron (Spitfires)
Attachments
lock1.jpg
lock1.jpg (428.58 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
tuck1.jpg
tuck1.jpg (539.8 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
sailor1.jpg
sailor1.jpg (423.59 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

I found this extremely interesting picture while searching for suitable graphics for my project :mrgreen: 8)

8233fb876b279fef80372c978d3b08ee.jpg
8233fb876b279fef80372c978d3b08ee.jpg (176.74 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Mascarenhas
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Mascarenhas »

Hi Kondi, I see you back to the warehouse, welcome! Are you fine, how was your recovery? I hope it did well and you're just fine.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Mascarenhas wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:47 am Hi Kondi, I see you back to the warehouse, welcome! Are you fine, how was your recovery? I hope it did well and you're just fine.
As you can see, it seems that it is ok
Thanks for your concern :)
by Igor1941 » 18 Jun 2020 13:27
We forget about them ... they are the best

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Hartmann

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Ulrich_Rudel
You speak and you have, here is Hartmann and Rudel :wink:
Personally, I value other Luftwaffe experts more than Hartmann, who reported many questionable victories.
IMHO better were Rall or Kittel on the Eastern Front, but I particularly value the German Western Front aces - Marseille, Muncheberg, Buhligen or "Pips" Priller, because confirmed 100-110 aerial victories over RAF or USAAF was much more worth than 300-350 destroyed Soviet aircraft.

hartmann1.jpg
hartmann1.jpg (847.22 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
hartmann2.jpg
hartmann2.jpg (376.64 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
rudel2.jpg
rudel2.jpg (451.34 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
rafdobrowolski

Post by rafdobrowolski »

I take it you are still working on your mod then, kondi? Glad to hear it if you are!
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

rafdobrowolski wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:54 am I take it you are still working on your mod then, kondi? Glad to hear it if you are!
yes, but I have to adapt the existing content of my Mod to the current version of the game first :)
thanks for support
KarisFraMauro
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by KarisFraMauro »

Hans Rudel, why does that sound familiar... I'm not 100 percent on this because I've never read it and I'm not sure it was even translated to english, but I think Hayao Miyazaki (Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa, My Neighbour Totorro, etc) wrote a manga / Japanese comic book about him. There's a fair amount of manga dealing with WWII unsurprisingly.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

KarisFraMauro wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:38 pm Hans Rudel, why does that sound familiar... I'm not 100 percent on this because I've never read it and I'm not sure it was even translated to english, but I think Hayao Miyazaki (Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa, My Neighbour Totorro, etc) wrote a manga / Japanese comic book about him. There's a fair amount of manga dealing with WWII unsurprisingly.

It's very likely, although I don't know such a comic book about Rudel
But Hayao Miyazaki created for example outstanding movie "The Wind Rises" based on biography Jiro Horikoshi, designer of the Mitsubishi A5M fighter aircraft and the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, so maybe about oberst Rudel too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_Rises
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

I've heard of that one, but I haven't seen it. Looking at the wikipedia article on Hayao Miyazaki there doesn't appear to be any works dealing with Hans Rudel, however there are a couple similar things. I may have conflated the fictional "Hansu no Kikan" with the biographical "Tigers Covered With Mud" based on the memoir of Otto Carius. It's also possible there is a manga about Hans Rudel (I'm sure the description I read was about a pilot who destroyed tons of Russian tanks) but it's not by Miyazaki. As I do remember the site I found the manga on, I'll probably revisit it later for further investigation :) There was a manga about a Finnish sniper in WWII as well.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

RAF commanders (some portraits in progress :wink: )

RAF aces.jpg
RAF aces.jpg (134.51 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

Erick Lock / Robert "Bob" Tuck / Brian Carbury (New Zealand) - The Kiwi "Red Baron"
"Sailor" Malan (South Africa) / Archie McKellar / Witold Urbanowicz (Poland)

Luftwaffe commanders
(some portraits in progress :wink: )

Luftwaffe aces.jpg
Luftwaffe aces.jpg (257.65 KiB) Viewed 1988 times

"Dolpho" Galland / Werner Molders / Helmut Wick / Herbert Ihlefeld / Joachim Muncheberg
Erich "Bubi" Hartmann / Hans-Ulrich Rudel / Walter Oesau / Hermann-Friedrich Joppien
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

This picture is in progress, too but I wonder if anyone knows who this famous ace was?
To make it a bit easier I will say that he was neither German nor British/Commonweatlh pilot
He was born in Brazil, but he wasn't Brazilian
He spoke English, Portuguese and ... French :wink:
Attachments
1.png
1.png (75.01 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
LNDavoust
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by LNDavoust »

I'm not usually a big fan of certain styles for portraits in mods (my problem), but I have to say that the ilustrations u used for the Lufty pilots somehow worked quite well for me.

Great work, Kondi, keep on! :)
KarisFraMauro

Post by KarisFraMauro »

I found that Rudel manga I was looking for, sure enough it exists but it's not by Hayao Miyazaki. It's by Katayama Makoto, is five volumes long but apparently only the first six chapters have been translated into english. Called Soukuu no Maou Rudel.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

LNDavoust wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:33 pm I'm not usually a big fan of certain styles for portraits in mods (my problem), but I have to say that the ilustrations u used for the Lufty pilots somehow worked quite well for me.

Fully agree. I liked the pics (and their overall style) you chose for your commanders very much, too. 8)

If you have a good source for the pics and wouldn't mind sharing, I REALLY could use that style with the Korean mod. :D
I just couldn't find many pics/portraits in colour for some of the commanders that Erik wants to have online.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

LNDavoust wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:33 pm I'm not usually a big fan of certain styles for portraits in mods (my problem), but I have to say that the ilustrations u used for the Lufty pilots somehow worked quite well for me.

@LNDavoust,
Thank you for support, maybe this Republican commander will be useful for you :?: - Lev Shestakov, Polikarpov I-16 aircraft, 8 solo victories and 31 collaborative (shared) victories

szestakov.jpg
szestakov.jpg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 1881 times

GabeKnight wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:44 am

Fully agree. I liked the pics (and their overall style) you chose for your commanders very much, too. 8)

If you have a good source for the pics and wouldn't mind sharing, I REALLY could use that style with the Korean mod. :D
I just couldn't find many pics/portraits in colour for some of the commanders that Erik wants to have online.

@Gabe
My source is only Google, but I am looking for specific names there, there are a lot of interesting illustrations but unfortunately you need to spend some time to "dig up" to it, so maybe write me who you are looking for and I will try to find something by the way

I created some of these portraits based on color illustrations, but for example McKellar and Carbury were on black-and-white photo (Carbury) or graphics (McKellar) only, which I colored, often there are no color photos or graphics about specific pilot, e.g. Carbury has only 1 photo from World War II!

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”