New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by Nskap2 »

Shrike wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:01 am Fair enough, but I would add some warning about the river crossing early on, as the player only knows about needing to move the troops over the river by turn 15. Dunno if terrain manipulation like with the cliffs is the way to go here, but it would make more sense. There's also a remark about being able to recruit at infantry barracks at some point, but there's no such building on the map. The available slots also remain at zero, but that may be because I only lost a single core unit?
Yes, there should be more story messages both during the briefing and during the mission, this makes the game more attractive. As for the recruitment of additional infantry units, more slots should have been opened than the player entered at the beginning, perhaps the message and the addition of slots are not consistent with the turn number, I will check.
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

Ah, I now also get Nurgle's buddies to appear at the last turn, but the scenario still ends in a loss even when none of my troops crossed the river. I take it that ending's still under construction?
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

Shrike wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:24 am Ah, I now also get Nurgle's buddies to appear at the last turn, but the scenario still ends in a loss even when none of my troops crossed the river. I take it that ending's still under construction?
On what turn did this happen?I had no problem completing the mission if I didn't cross the river back.Location in the river itself without crossing, the death of Mars or Costellin = defeat.
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

I let the last few turns just skip after I had killed all orcs, so turn 31. Didn't lose Mars or Costellin and didn't cross the river. I did notice the defeat screen's title just says "data" and Costellin mentions "this is not a counterattack" behind the scenario loss screen.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

Shrike wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:23 pm I let the last few turns just skip after I had killed all orcs, so turn 31. Didn't lose Mars or Costellin and didn't cross the river. I did notice the defeat screen's title just says "data" and Costellin mentions "this is not a counterattack" behind the scenario loss screen.
A defeat with this name means that by turn 31 you have lost the Enginseers that Mars sent to the Service Facility. Or you moved them to another place. I will add a message saying that Enginseers must be in the Service Facility permanently until the 31st turn
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

OK, that indeed fixed it :D
TERRORTYRANT
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by TERRORTYRANT »

Hi,

Trying to install this mod but having trouble, I keep getting the order mixed up or maybe the wrong files.

The files I have are:
- Base Game
- Community Update
- Mega Mod (Warhammer 40000 Armageddon) - (~2GB)
- Armageddon Folder v9.0 - (~1.9GB)
- Data Fix v9

I tried following the instructions from a previous post on page 5/6 but the game wont start. When I install the community update do I overwrite the files in the base game installation folder? and then overwrite the files again with the Mega Mod files etc.?

Best regards,
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

TERRORTYRANT wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:29 am Hi,

Trying to install this mod but having trouble, I keep getting the order mixed up or maybe the wrong files.

The files I have are:
- Base Game
- Community Update
- Mega Mod (Warhammer 40000 Armageddon) - (~2GB)
- Armageddon Folder v9.0 - (~1.9GB)
- Data Fix v9

I tried following the instructions from a previous post on page 5/6 but the game wont start. When I install the community update do I overwrite the files in the base game installation folder? and then overwrite the files again with the Mega Mod files etc.?

Best regards,
You need to copy with overwriting. If you have a game running with a community update, then Mega Merge and my updates will work 100%. The community update gives important changes such as 4 weapons. You don't have to install Mega Merge if you have already passed it, my updates contain a modified Mega Merge and can be copied directly to the game with a working community update. Data fix v9 may not work for 1 mission since it is already from version 9.1. I added several units that are not in 9.0 and there will be errors in 1 mission.Data fix does not need to be copied.
TERRORTYRANT

Post by TERRORTYRANT »

You need to copy with overwriting. If you have a game running with a community update, then Mega Merge and my updates will work 100%. The community update gives important changes such as 4 weapons. You don't have to install Mega Merge if you have already passed it, my updates contain a modified Mega Merge and can be copied directly to the game with a working community update. Data fix v9 may not work for 1 mission since it is already from version 9.1. I added several units that are not in 9.0 and there will be errors in 1 mission.Data fix does not need to be copied.
OK, I thought that was the way to go about it. Got an issue from the get go with the community update. I did a fresh install, then copied and overwrite the community update, then error on the Titans scenario or a new campaign.

Access violation reading location 0x4 (0)

***Unhandled Exception! ExpCode: 0x80000003 ExpFlags:0
ExpAddress: 0x0053D478 Please report!

Loading onto the main menu with the Mega Merge mod loading any of the new scenarios also causes a similar issue.

EDIT: The community update I'm trying to use is NOT the updated tabletop rules one and comes from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyvdzkuia8m6a ... ta.7z?dl=0
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

TERRORTYRANT wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:06 am
OK, I thought that was the way to go about it. Got an issue from the get go with the community update. I did a fresh install, then copied and overwrite the community update, then error on the Titans scenario or a new campaign.

Access violation reading location 0x4 (0)

***Unhandled Exception! ExpCode: 0x80000003 ExpFlags:0
ExpAddress: 0x0053D478 Please report!

Loading onto the main menu with the Mega Merge mod loading any of the new scenarios also causes a similar issue.

EDIT: The community update I'm trying to use is NOT the updated tabletop rules one and comes from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyvdzkuia8m6a ... ta.7z?dl=0
Is the community update not working? There are only a few files to copy with replacement. GOG version?
TERRORTYRANT

Post by TERRORTYRANT »

Yes seems to be the community update from that dropbox link is not working.

Steam version of game, copying the 3 files (1 .exe, 2 folders) and overwriting the game installation files.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

TERRORTYRANT wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:05 am Yes seems to be the community update from that dropbox link is not working.

Steam version of game, copying the 3 files (1 .exe, 2 folders) and overwriting the game installation files.
Have you tried it?
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93072
TERRORTYRANT

Post by TERRORTYRANT »

Is the community update not working? There are only a few files to copy with replacement. GOG version?
Sorry I answered the questions weirdly.

Yes, the community update is not working

No, I am using steam version

But I tried another method, got a community update from http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Warha ... Community/ overwrite and works. Then I overwrite using the Armageddon folder 9.0. The Necron scenario works briefly but eventually crashes, same goes for the campaign erroe message is almost the same. But I could actually play a round now whereas it wouldn't even load before.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

TERRORTYRANT wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:06 am
Sorry I answered the questions weirdly.

Yes, the community update is not working

No, I am using steam version

But I tried another method, got a community update from http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Warha ... Community/ overwrite and works. Then I overwrite using the Armageddon folder 9.0. The Necron scenario works briefly but eventually crashes, same goes for the campaign erroe message is almost the same. But I could actually play a round now whereas it wouldn't even load before.
I need a screenshot of an error in the game
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

TERRORTYRANT

Post by TERRORTYRANT »

Here are the screenshots I got for 9.0 and 9.1.

update 9.0
https://imgur.com/vb2QRPg

update 9.1
https://imgur.com/cQbLulO

These are the main errors I get whether its campaign or scenario.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

TERRORTYRANT wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:17 am
Here are the screenshots I got for 9.0 and 9.1.

update 9.0
https://imgur.com/vb2QRPg

update 9.1
https://imgur.com/cQbLulO

These are the main errors I get whether its campaign or scenario.
Is there a mistake in the Steel Legion campaign too?I do not know what mistakes there are in single scenarios, I only did the Krieg campaign
TERRORTYRANT

Post by TERRORTYRANT »

Is there a mistake in the Steel Legion campaign too?I do not know what mistakes there are in single scenarios, I only did the Krieg campaign
Yes that too, whichever campaign or scenario I play the error message comes up.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

TERRORTYRANT wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:06 am
Yes that too, whichever campaign or scenario I play the error message comes up.
Unpack the original Mega Merge into a separate folder from the installed game, run it, the community is already installed in it.
TERRORTYRANT

Post by TERRORTYRANT »

Unpack the original Mega Merge into a separate folder from the installed game, run it, the community is already installed in it.
Does it matter where I unpack it? I've unpacked it in a new folder it in my downloads folder under "Warhammer 40000 Armageddon"

Game doesn't startup gives a error message.

screenshot
https://imgur.com/a/P1dIUoo

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”