The Bloody First New Features

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

wesweber
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

The Bloody First New Features

Post by wesweber »

Are the new features of this game going to trickle down to the previous games?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: The Bloody First New Features

Post by PoorOldSpike »

wesweber wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:29 pm Are the new features of this game going to trickle down to the previous games?
I certainly hope so too, especially Bloody 1st's magnificent 3D view option, my cash is waiting..:)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

CC The Bloddy First is in 3D. The previous CC games are in 2D so it seems impossible to trickle down to the previous games.
But maybe there will be new versions of the previous games in 3D or someone will make mods for CC The Bloddy First using the previous CC games as a base ?
aaaaburn
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by aaaaburn »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Don't ever go back and change the original top down 2D versions of Close Combat into 3D.

3D on computers suck. You have no real world sense of direction, altitude (height compared to other features), or sense of cover and concealment. Close Combat ties real world maps, features, and direction with computer game play. For all you young bucks who never played Squad Leader on a game board, Close Combat series was a God-send by electronically illustrating LOS.

I looked at CC: Bloody First and I am not optimistic. Mods of old versions as 3D for those who want it maybe. This CC series was brought to you by people who liked the 2D version of Close Combat games.
TokyoDan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by TokyoDan »

Question about the minimap?
I watched this video and the battle was the Allies at Normandy. When the game started. The beach and the player's units were positioned at the top of the screen and the player was supposed to attack downwards (weird) on the main map. The minimap reflected this.

To make things go along with normal human common sense the player rotated the main map so that the beach and the his units were at the bottom and the player would attack up the screen on the main map. The thing is, when the player rotated the map, the mini map did not rotate to reflect this. It stayed the same with the beach and the Player's units at the top, and the enemy AI units at the bottom.

Does the minimap rotate to reflect the rotation of the main map?
tokyodan on Steam
GrumpyInTokyo on twitter and GETTR
Ted Hussman on Facebook

Return to “Close Combat : Tech Support”