Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Rudankort »

Funeral wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:05 pm What went wrong?
Wrong EXE got into the release by mistake. :( Next update will include the right one.
charge62
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by charge62 »

Not a bug, only requesting a confirmation.

AO 44 awards only 8 commanders from successful missions, with no commanders awarded when starting Shanderovka and Minsk Offensive.
elven
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by elven »

IN Lvov 1944 it requires you to let the Soviets destroy the hanger and capture Lvov. However, in three consecutive plays, the Soviets have not attacked the hanger even once or taken a single Lvov flag despite having units next to it for many of the game turns. Since they do not do this it results in an automatic defeat even with the bonus and elite mission completed. A bug in the target script for Soviets?

UPDATE: I was leaving their tanks alive but killing too many infantry - left the infantry alone and they took the hangar. The infantry will attack it but the tanks won't.
ragingrondo
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by ragingrondo »

Upon completion of Operation Tusk pzcorps2 Launches straight into Riga44 without giving the option to go through Operation Stormbird.

Assuming this is not WAD. Any fixes/ideas how to force to go to to Normandy.

Looking at the script.lua;

Case Orange-> Corridor- Select Path 3 (Tehran/Gerwait)-> Tusk ->Gerwait-> Normandy/Riga ->

Upon completing Tusk it goes straight to Riga with out the option to choose appearing.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

ragingrondo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:20 am Upon completing Tusk it goes straight to Riga with out the option to choose appearing.
Judging by the script, the option to go to Normandy is provided unconditionally. Do you have a save from which this problem can be reproduced? If yes, please zip it and post here, I'll see what goes wrong there.
RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RandomAttack »

Posted this in Steam, but here may be more appropriate:
Ok, I haven't played for awhile, but has suppression been done away with? Since I bought the new DLC the suppression marker has been replaced with the blue "temporary damage" marker (all units) and a long description about how it's used for ships. This includes all my old save games so must be a change to the game engine? I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes. I'm very confused right now. I am not using any mods.
Edit: Maybe it's just the UI dialog box? Looking at the combat log it seems to reflect suppression-- just freaks me out to get the long description about temporary damage and ships whenever I hover over it.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

RandomAttack wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:50 pm Posted this in Steam, but here may be more appropriate:
Ok, I haven't played for awhile, but has suppression been done away with? Since I bought the new DLC the suppression marker has been replaced with the blue "temporary damage" marker (all units) and a long description about how it's used for ships. This includes all my old save games so must be a change to the game engine? I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes. I'm very confused right now. I am not using any mods.
Edit: Maybe it's just the UI dialog box? Looking at the combat log it seems to reflect suppression-- just freaks me out to get the long description about temporary damage and ships whenever I hover over it.
I think they accidentially put Pacific stuffs there, as you can see from Pacific store page screenshots.
RandomAttack

Post by RandomAttack »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:19 pm
RandomAttack wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:50 pm Posted this in Steam, but here may be more appropriate:
I think they accidentially put Pacific stuffs there, as you can see from Pacific store page screenshots.
I think you're right-- I see that dialog in Pacific screenshot. But that SHOULD only show up for SHIPS, right? It shows up for EVERY unit in my game since the patch (even old saves), so it appears they have the wrong UI dialog tied to all the land & air units. But would like to see a developer confirm this. Should be an easy fix for them. At least it appears from the combat logs that the results are correct, but not 100% sure.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

RandomAttack wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:20 am But would like to see a developer confirm this.
Yes, this is a UI glitch - a tooltip from a new feature in development got into the game. Thanks for pointing this out. Will fix.
Laedaa
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Laedaa »

When begin new AO 44 campaign and load core - all successfull - core loaded and in begining you choose generals traits. BUT when you continue AO43 and after last scenario choose continue in AO 44 East - then core loaded, but generals traits not loaded, and you play as general without any trait.
All others campaign chaining (SCW->AO39->AO40->AO41->AO42->AO43) continued normaly.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Laedaa wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:45 pm When begin new AO 44 campaign and load core - all successfull - core loaded and in begining you choose generals traits. BUT when you continue AO43 and after last scenario choose continue in AO 44 East - then core loaded, but generals traits not loaded, and you play as general without any trait.
All others campaign chaining (SCW->AO39->AO40->AO41->AO42->AO43) continued normaly.
Same here - I reported this a few posts earlier, so it looks like it's not an entirely isolated case. Luckily it's easy to work around it.
avekat

Post by avekat »

'Deadly Grasp' trait doesnt seem to work in AO SCW, last map, Madrid 1939.

Enemy units only get 2 suppression each turn.
An older save game gives the same result.
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

Do your units completly encircle ? If one side is encircled by the other AI 2 suppression might be correct.
avekat

Post by avekat »

DefiantXYX wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:53 pm Do your units completly encircle ? If one side is encircled by the other AI 2 suppression might be correct.
Yes, only own units, and still 2 suppresion/turn.

I testet i with an older save game - and there it is also 2 suppresion/turn.
The map before madrid 1939 its working normal with 4 suppresion/turn.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

The scroll bar on the right is too thin barely visible for the new table with the heroes :

Capture d’écran (187).jpg
Capture d’écran (187).jpg (391.75 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
Khancotlette
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Khancotlette »

Not sure if it has been already reported or not, but Soviet partisans use Spanish partisan model currently, and I do remember that there was a specific Soviet (or, so to say, more Northern/Central/Eastern European-looking) partisan model in previous versions.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Khancotlette wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:11 am Not sure if it has been already reported or not, but Soviet partisans use Spanish partisan model currently, and I do remember that there was a specific Soviet (or, so to say, more Northern/Central/Eastern European-looking) partisan model in previous versions.
I agree with you : https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 67#p986367
impar
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by impar »

In Madrid, SCW DLC, the village at 6,35 doesnt award prestige when captured.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

terminator wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:55 pm
Khancotlette wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:11 am Not sure if it has been already reported or not, but Soviet partisans use Spanish partisan model currently, and I do remember that there was a specific Soviet (or, so to say, more Northern/Central/Eastern European-looking) partisan model in previous versions.
I agree with you : https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 67#p986367
Sorry, I had written a post about the partisans but it seems it was in the beta forum.

The partisans had issues for a long time.

First they used the Russian infantry models. This was in the original spec so I assume they weren't expected to make much of an appearance. When they became more prominent they got their own variation models and textures. But not long after, these reverted to the infantry models despite everything from the art side suggesting they shouldn't. This coincided with real life war and sickness so in truth, they ceased being high priority.

As an interim they got changed to actually use the Spanish militia units just so they stood out.

We fixed it for 1944 only to find that on release it screwed up some peoples save games. The reasons for this are convoluted and surprising but the result is that they currently revert to the Spanish Militia again.

In the current build they're back the way they were though I've no ETA on when you'll get them.
partisan .jpg
partisan .jpg (155.84 KiB) Viewed 928 times
Incidentally, with these mixed units, don't try changing their camo as its not designed to work.

By default these have three different camo patterns attached to the three individual models. But the camo system evolved before we had multiple models in a hex in this way so provides only ONE camo variant to the unit in a hex. So all three would be given the same camo pattern and the chances are it won't work. Then again it might. Luck of the draw mostly but just know its not supported.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

Bug with Infantry and embarking on planes:

When an infantry unit embarks on a plane the organic transport is removed. Sadly the core slots for a SdKfz are not awarded.

sers,
Thomas

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”