Recognising my own troops

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Recognising my own troops

Post by vakarr »

Hi, when I am playing several tournament games at once, I often forget what happened in a previous turn and assume some troops on the screen are enemy troops (they are in a good position, behind the enemy or something like that, so they must be enemy!). I react accordingly, only to find they were my own troops! This happens particularly when they are disrupted. I'm wondering what other players do to prevent themselves treating their own troops as enemy until it's too late. I'm wondering if it might be possible to change the player colours in some way so they don't get confusing, particularly if your troops are coloured red or yellow.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Recognising my own troops

Post by rbodleyscott »

There isn't. The side 0 and side 1 banner colours in FOG2 Ancients were already chosen to distinguish the sides as much as possible.
Richard Bodley Scott

Holien
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Recognising my own troops

Post by Holien »

Yep I have fallen fowl of this... Very embarrassing and potentially dangerous....

Good rule of thumb is Don't do a turn or activate any troops until you have tabbed around the entire map seeing each unit. Use the TAB key and just formulate a plan for each unit...

The latest game I messed up several times by not doing this...

Slow down and take your time...

Return to “Field of Glory II”