xbox Game Issues

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Bern
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

xbox Game Issues

Post by Bern »

Just bought the game. However there appear to be issues which may need resolution before I can get into it.

1 - A warning box at the beginning advises that I am not signed in and that progress will not be saved. I am signed in to xbox live - should I be signed in to something else?

2 - I see that completion of the tutorial merits an achievement award. I have completed the tutorial but the achievement notification did not come up [tragic :D ]

3 - When I come to start the first campaign and having allocated the Patton points etc I next have to choose five units for mission 1from the five which are available. Having done so, a warning box appears indicating that I have more units which I could use. Is this so and if it is, where are they?

Sorry if I'm being dense but this is the first time I've played a game such as this on xbox.

Bern
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: xbox Game Issues

Post by VPaulus »

Sorry to hear you're having issues LoW.
We're looking into it and we will update you as soon as we can understand why is this happening with you.
Our apologies for all the inconveniences this may be causing you.
bassani2009
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bassani2009 »

Hi Bern

I do apologise for the issues you're experiencing. I tested the XBOX retail version last night and I was unable to replicate points 1 and 2 that you stated.

Point 3 is not a glitch but a part of how the game is designed. Basically you can have up to 8 soldiers that you can take into any mission but depending on the mission parameters this can limit the amount of soldiers you take into a mission. Mission 1 does allow you to have a maximum of 8 soldiers, the game initially gives you 5 soldiers but if you want the additional 3 soldiers in your team to make up the 8 soldiers then you can recruit the additional soldiers by selecting the first mission and then selecting the "U.S THIRD ARMY" button. The message you're receiving is a general message that appears if you don't have the maximum amount of soldiers for the mission but you can still play the mission even though you don't have the maximum amount of soldiers for the mission.

For point 1 and 2 try the following:

1. Make sure you have downloaded the latest updates for your xbox.
2. Make sure your Xbox is connected to a stable internet connection.
3. If you're not far into the game then try deleting the game save and then start again.
4. Try playing the game using a different Xbox account to see if it's an Xbox account specific issue.

Kind Regards

Christian Bassani
Slitherine Ltd / Matrix Games
Bern

Post by Bern »

Thanks for the reply. No change I'm afraid. It isn't an account issue. I have the latest update installed and my internet connection is stable - everything else works as it should.

Ready to give up now!

Bern
Bern

Post by Bern »

Normally at this point, I would give up and go back to knitting. In this case I did persevere, however, and have got a solution of sorts. When my xbox fires up, it logs me in to xbox live - this is the usual - and I get on with a game. In the case of LoW, this does not happen - as I said, the game tells me I'm not logged in, even tho' I am.

I then tried the following process: [1] Fire up xbox; [2] Start LoW to the point where I get the warning box re. log in; [3] Quit back to xbox home; [4] Sign out from xbox live; [5] Sign in to xbox live; [6] Start Low once again. Lo and behold this seems to work and I could get on with the game - that is if I had the patience.

Needless to say, the good folks at xbox help tell me that there is nothing wrong with my xbox set up, sign in procedure and so on.

Bern

Return to “Tech Support”