How I got it working on OsX 10.7.5

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

gfurst
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

How I got it working on OsX 10.7.5

Post by gfurst »

Hello Folks. at first I wanted to ask the developers to support OS X 10.7.5 Lion, as Apple OS upgrade is not free and usually not always "better".
So I, along with other people i think, am very reluctant to upgrade Apple OS as it might brake a lot of stuff I have tweaked and installed along the years.

In any case I really wanted Pandora to work on my Mac so I could record my long wanted preview/review of the game, and Linux is not exactly the best on that.
So it strike me the other day, why not use some great little app called Wine? ( wine is a windows layer to run windows exes on linux, has also a version for OsX)

So it indeed worked, just tested with a half-hour play-through. I had to download the window's executable install, create a app bundle with wine bottler and vualah!
It did the update and launched the game afterwards, apart from a really long time to start up( which i think is normal for the first run) I was able to play flawlessly.

This is something really easy to do, if you already know how to use winebottler its a piece of cake and didn't need any additional tweak.
For you who don't know anything about winebottler, I could simply share the bottled .app or give detailed instructions. So do ask.

In any case, I'm sure the devs will get Pandora working natively on Mac any time soon. Cheers!

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”