2021 team event - The Emperor's Throne

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

2021 team event - The Emperor's Throne

Post by ahuyton »

We are looking for three more players to join us in this laid-back but fun format of two teams competing to be Emperor of China in the 17th Century.

See the tournaments section for details.

viewtopic.php?f=432&p=904005#p904005
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: 2021 team event - The Emperor's Throne

Post by GiveWarAchance »

If you are incredibly desperate and can't fill the last 3 slots, I can maybe sort of join but I dunno for sure cause I prefer single player and try to avoid MP. The setting of Ming and Joseon etc makes it interesting but MP is really yucky for me cause I tried Fog2 in MP briefly and people did weird stuff like hide all units in the back corner to avoid the battle or other weird stuff.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:22 am If you are incredibly desperate and can't fill the last 3 slots, I can maybe sort of join but I dunno for sure cause I prefer single player and try to avoid MP. The setting of Ming and Joseon etc makes it interesting but MP is really yucky for me cause I tried Fog2 in MP briefly and people did weird stuff like hide all units in the back corner to avoid the battle or other weird stuff.
We're a pretty honorable bunch all here to fight a battle, not hide.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg

Middle Earth mod for FoG2M:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1029243#p1029243
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I am very scared cause I don't do anything fancy, just advance and scrap it out, a kind of Lord Nelson approach to battle that I can do no wrong to line up my ship alongside the enemy and blast away. Sun Tzu would not be impressed with my performance and might even order my execution for lack of strategic wit.

You can see my battle tactics, or lack thereof, in my ongoing AAR about Taira vs Minamoto in the After Action forum.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

GiveWarAchance wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:28 pm I am very scared cause I don't do anything fancy, just advance and scrap it out, a kind of Lord Nelson approach to battle that I can do no wrong to line up my ship alongside the enemy and blast away. Sun Tzu would not be impressed with my performance and might even order my execution for lack of strategic wit.

You can see my battle tactics, or lack thereof, in my ongoing AAR about Taira vs Minamoto in the After Action forum.
Give us a try

We intentionally call it a team event to take away the emphasis from individual competition. Personally I like to play aggressively. Sometimes this leads to disaster, other times, it gives a win. But everybody has a different style.

It is a very friendly group, here and in Pike and Shot and an excellent intro to multiplayer, which turns out to be a lot of fun. The key is to play the game to win but not be too upset by losing, or indeed too vainglorious when you win.

Anyway, up to you!
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Yes, this isn't the FoGII Digital League where you might have a lot of camping in woods, playing for draws on mountains etc. We like to slug it out here, even if there is a bit of dancing at first.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg

Middle Earth mod for FoG2M:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1029243#p1029243

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”