Field of Glory II 1.5.20 Public Beta

melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Field of Glory II 1.5.19 Public Beta

Post by melm »

i thought of it. maybe it is better to be like this to allow more charges. But if I really want the cav to stay in melee to offer backcharge auto cohesion drop opportunity, I may have to have another unit to block the falling back route.
Meditans ex luce mundi
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Field of Glory II 1.5.19 Public Beta

Post by rbodleyscott »

melm wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 am i thought of it. maybe it is better to be like this to allow more charges. But if I really want the cav to stay in melee to offer backcharge auto cohesion drop opportunity, I may have to have another unit to block the falling back route.
This was already true with the previous version in most cases .
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Field of Glory II 1.5.20 Public Beta

Post by rbodleyscott »

Updated to v1.5.20
Richard Bodley Scott

MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by MVP7 »

The cohesion check change sounds good! I imagine it will make heavy foot spam armies much more volatile and it should also make low quality heavy infantry more vulnerable to cavalry charges which is especially welcome in Medieval setting. I'll try to play at least some way through some campaign with plenty of cavalry and low quality heavy infantry over the weekend.

One small "bug" that I just remembered (browsing through the campaigns) is that the scroll bar of campaign/army description is not reset to the beginning of the text when you select another campaign/army from the list.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MVP7 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:08 pm The cohesion check change sounds good! I imagine it will make heavy foot spam armies much more volatile and it should also make low quality heavy infantry more vulnerable to cavalry charges which is especially welcome in Medieval setting.
Yes, the latter is what spurred me to make the change.
One small "bug" that I just remembered (browsing through the campaigns) is that the scroll bar of campaign/army description is not reset to the beginning of the text when you select another campaign/army from the list.
Thanks, that should be relatively easy to fix.
Richard Bodley Scott

MVP7

Post by MVP7 »

I have now played couple missions of the Ashurbanipal campaign and I'm having no issues so far. Enemy uses its cavalry for flanking quite efficiently and the Egyptian spearmen definitely haven't suffered too badly from loss of CT modifier, performing remarkably well against the Assyrian infantry and cavalry.
melm

Post by melm »

MVP7 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:54 pm I have now played couple missions of the Ashurbanipal campaign and I'm having no issues so far. Enemy uses its cavalry for flanking quite efficiently and the Egyptian spearmen definitely haven't suffered too badly from loss of CT modifier, performing remarkably well against the Assyrian infantry and cavalry.
Indeed. I tested battle between Egyptian and Kyrenean to check Egyptian spearmen and raw hoplites' behavior. They both lost +1 CT modifier, but they still could pass CT test with -3 modifier with probability of 28%. The pre-patch would be -2 modifier which offers 42% to pass.
Meditans ex luce mundi
melm

Post by melm »

Another battle using Byzantine Basil's army against Croatian which is mainly composed of defensive shieldwall, large part raw shieldwall. The shieldwall still acts as the old age to charge the lancers but with more adverse results. I can feel the low quality heavy foot is more fragile than that before, but they still can withstand the charge of lancers if they act defensively. With low probability they will fail the test and drop the cohesion. Against foot, I feel that the raw unit is less successful, praying for no bad result out to hold more turns.
Meditans ex luce mundi
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Thanks
Richard Bodley Scott

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

After a few battle vs the AI ,so far so good with the cohesion changes. Raw defensive spears still "get the job done" despite being a little more brittle.

I missed the last beta with the new mounted break offs and cavalry AI logic. Nothing odd to note except that I am quite sure I saw a superior steady lancer break off from a fragmented Brythonic medium foot ( that hade dropped from disrupted in the in between turn melee phase.) I see if it happens again and get a screen shot or something.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MVP7 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:08 pmOne small "bug" that I just remembered (browsing through the campaigns) is that the scroll bar of campaign/army description is not reset to the beginning of the text when you select another campaign/army from the list.
Thanks. This is now fixed for the next update (v1.5.21)
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II 1.5.20 Public Beta”