Royal Hungarian Army - Turan Campaign v1.2 (Mar 23, 2016)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Royal Hungarian Army - Turan Campaign v1.2 (Mar 23, 2016)

Post by McGuba »

A Royal Hungarian Army campaign for Panzer Corps Wehrmacht

Introductory video showing some of its main features here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ_fEJKiAnE

And the in-game intro movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thVBo3AV78Y

Panzer Corps v1.25 or later required!

Install with JSGME is recommended (install guide and JSGME included in the zip).

Features:

- command a Hungarian core army occasionally supported by German auxiliary forces
- more than 400 new or modified units, including prototypes and new transports
- campaign with 16 historical and 4 "what if" scenarios
- tutorial campaign is converted to a nation specific one
- modified UI, sounds, music, awards, historical and random heroes
- new intro movie specifically created for this campaign
- modified Library with many new entries

Changes in v1.2

- Unit roster is updated to Battlefield: Europe v1.7 standard (unit stats, graphics, animations, etc.)
- Several scenarios are rebalanced, some new units (both official and unofficial) added
- Many light AA guns are made multipurpose with secondary AT role, complete with new/modified graphics and animations
- Transylvania 1940 scenario added
- More in-game message boxes added, complete with colour pictures
- Localization incompatibility fixed (however, only playable in English)
- Previous incompatibility with the Steam verison of PzC is fixed

This mod was made by using material created by others as well. Without their input I could not have finished it at all. Bebro, VPaulus, flakfernrohr, AugustinMalar, Kerloc, guille1434, dragos, airbornemongo101, Uhu, rezaf, phcas, Asuser and the Hungarian Blitzkrieg Mod Team have all contributed to some of the new unit icons. The mod uses several sound files from VPaulus' Sound Redux mod. The Panzer Corps – Scenario Design Forum proved to be very useful with loads of information and lots of helpful people. The campaign uses Massi's excellent MDM terrain tiles for greater level of detail. Throughout the long development Uhu has been my main partner in crime, apart from being my consultant and critic, he calculated the stats for most of the new units, provided material for unit icon making, and gave creative input. Hopefully I did not forget anyone, if so, please let me know.

You are free to use the new / modified unit icons of this mod for your own free mod if you like, but you are required to give credit to the authors of each icon. However, you are not allowed to modify, copy, sell or use any parts of this mod for commercial purpose.

Although this mod is basically finished, please report back any possible issues.

Hungarian-Slovak "Little War" in 1939:

RHA forces are closing on the Don river in 1942 in the Battle of Voronezh:

Heavy fighting in Transylvania in the Battle of Torda in 1944:

The Siege of Budapest during the winter of 1944/45:

Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0pftp00qdwc6 ... 2.zip?dl=0

Also, check out the Zrinyi Campaign, Uhu's version of Panzer Corps - Royal Hungarian Army:
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=42488
Last edited by McGuba on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 23 times in total.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Re: Hungarian Campaign Mod v0.1

Post by nikivdd »

Congrats McGuba and Uhu with the new mod :)
Is there anything else that should be downloaded beside the link you've provided?
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Actually yes, Panzer Corps Wehrmacht by Matrix Games :wink:
ImageImage
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

McGuba, Anything I can contribute I will gladly give. I am just on the fringes of modding talent, the others are the skilled artists. But I like associating and hanging out with smart and talented modders and sometimes I am mistaken for one.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
AugustinMalar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by AugustinMalar »

:D Thanks !!!
I'm anxious to compare your "Little War" scenario to mine. :wink:
Keep up the excellent work. :)
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Anything I can contribute I will gladly give.
At the moment any feedback on the release is very welcome. For me the hardest thing is to set the difficulty and prestige allotment correctly. I do not intend to make it too hard, aiming at only hardcore PG veterans, but I do not want to make it too easy.
I am just on the fringes of modding talent, the others are the skilled artists. But I like associating and hanging out with smart and talented modders and sometimes I am mistaken for one.
:) I do not regard myself a smart and talented modder, either. :)
I'm anxious to compare your "Little War" scenario to mine.
Me too.
I can not wait to play it from the other side as well. So now you must release yours as well finally, and that's an order! :)
ImageImage
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

oh..yeah...congratulaions guys...each released mod always means a lot fo effort,time and sweat has gone into it...
I hope poeple will have a lot of fun with it :wink:
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

I downloaded the mod last night, unpacked and started playing. No issues encountered.
I started the campaign on Colonel level - Uhu knows i always do ;). I think it is the best level for testing anything new.
I used 2/3 of my forces to go straight for the 2 VH, a couple other units i moved west to cross the river and than up towards those objectives from the rear.
Initially resistance is very poor - to my surprise - but then the SLO units began their counterattack. I had to plan carefully in protecting those objectives and i lost several auxiliaries in the process.
I won the day, also due to my hardly gained air superiority. I was glad to have an AA unit in my core.
I noticed that the SLO AA unit in horsetransport arrives way too late to have any kind of impact and i definitely missed the presence of a SLO tank. Prestige is tight, but i am in favor of that.
The northern most VH was a bit of a pain to capture, because that SLO art simply didn't want to die lol. I had to put a siege for 4-5 turns before i finally took it.

I really like the scenario, just like the ones from Augustin. I do have the impression that the Hun Campaign might be harder though, if Uhu didn't restrain himself ;).
The units are great and i am looking forward playing the second scenario. And if i may already say so, don't stop in 1941!
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

I hope poeple will have a lot of fun with it
Thanks, me too :)
Initially resistance is very poor - to my surprise
Although, now I would be very careful to say "this is a historical campaign" I still try to remain as close to the historical events as feasible. Wiki writes about the Hungarian attack: "The Hungarian troops advanced quickly into eastern Slovakia, which surprised both the Slovaks and the Germans." - so you are not the only one who was surprised :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak%E2% ... garian_War
the SLO AA unit in horsetransport arrives way too late to have any kind of impact
Right, it can arrive a bit earlier next. :wink:
i definitely missed the presence of a SLO tank.
Again, historically, there were only 3 Slovak light tanks which arrived late anyway to take part in the first counter attack, and in my campaign one tank unit represents about 20 tanks. However, I placed one near the Slovak airfield in the rear area set to defensive (active), so if the player is doing too good he can get a punch from it.
I had to put a siege for 4-5 turns before i finally took it.
Ah, yeah good old memories of PG, where you really had to make siges sometimes... It was so easy to get used to the seriously buffed up arty of PC...
I do have the impression that the Hun Campaign might be harder though, if Uhu didn't restrain himself
Actually, Uhu found it rather hard, he wrote he needed several replays to achieve DV without loosing a core unit. Thus I added an additional inf unit to the Southern group, to make it slightly easier. However, when having such small amounts of units on the map even one unit can make a big differnce. So it might be a bit too easy now. Anyway, I think I will leave it like this, difficulty will increase steadily. The first scenarios are intended to be sort of tutorial missions, to give some time to the player to get used to the characteristics and relative weakness of the Hungarian units.

Thanks very much for your feedback, and no, I do not intend to stop in '41. :)
ImageImage
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

I started to upgrade to PC v1.1 standard.

A long awaited feature of the latest patch for PC is the possibility to add virtually every unit specific transport(s). So I started to add historical transports and tractors and to create new icons for them with a little help from the Hungarian Blitzkrieg mod team, who kindly allowed me to use some of their unit graphics.
http://gabgames.ucoz.hu/

From now on, regular infantry does not have access to any land transports, save for trains of course. Sorry folks, but you have to walk a bit to the frontline from the nearest train station, I am afraid. How about two hundred miles:? :wink:

Obviously, the privileged motorised infantry can have the 1,5t Botond all-terrain truck (all terrain movement = 6), but nothing else:

Bridge engineers need some heavy stuff to tow so they can have a tractor (all terrain movement = 4) or a 2,5t truck:

WWI-era, spoked wheel artillery can only have horse transport (wheeled movement = 4), as historically:

The small 15/35M mountain gun can be carried disassambled by pack horses (alpine movement = 3) to keep the speed with the mountain infantry:

The 37M 105mm gun (German 10.5 cm leFH 18) is a bit heavier, it can have horse transport or 37M "Hansa Lloyd" tractor (German Sd.Kfz.11, halftrack = 6) which was bought specifically for these guns:

The even more heavier 31M 150mm (Bofors) howitzer needs the slow and unreliable 28M Pavesi tractor (all terrain = 3) or the better 32M Breda tractor (have not done it yet):

Light AT guns can have horse transport or trucks, while the bigger ones need heavier stuff:

Later I will add some tractors to the Soviet side as well. These changes can make a lot more intersting purchase decisions, the player has to consider not only the stats of the infantry and guns, but also the stats and the price of the corresponding transport. I encourage other mod makers to implement something like this in their mods.

ImageImage
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Nice job on those units. The transport variety enabled with 1.10 is really a blessing.
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Keep up the great work!!!
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
AugustinMalar

Post by AugustinMalar »

Excellent work McGuba. :)

Where can I download your pack horse icon ? I would like to use it for my mod. :wink:

You could also make a scenario about Carpatho-Ukraine. There's a least one major fight near Khust.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Here is a Hungarian pack horse:

It might not be the final version though, I am not completely satisfied with it.

Maybe later I will extend the campaign with Carpatho-Ukraine, but now I would like to focus on the war with the USSR. There is still plenty left to do...
ImageImage
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

The 105mm Slavik icon is too small and blurry.

Make it 5% larger.

It needs to be a little more detailed.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Thanks for your feedback.
You mean the Slovak 100mm vz 14/19 in the screenshot? If so, you are right, I forgot to increase its size a bit when I increased the other 100-105mm guns. But I did it since then. However, I do not really know how to make it more detailed.

And please do not write "now make it 2% smaller!" :wink:

I'm sorry, I meant when it is larger... it is easier to see the current detail.

Great work!

Thank you
ImageImage
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Soviet artillery tractors added:

The Red Amy preferred to use fully tracked tractors to tow their medium and heavy artillery and AA guns. A number of different types were in production in 1941, but after the German attack their production was largely stopped as production was shifted to tanks. With a little help from the Hungarian Blitzkrieg Mod I tried to make some of them:

Stalinets S-65
Conventional agricultural tractor which found its way to the Red Army as a heavy artillery tractor in increasing numbers due to the heavy losses of artillery tractors and the lack of production. More than 37.000 were produced between 1937-41, of which about 10.000 (estimate) were used by the army. It could tow even the heaviest guns, but with a max speed of 7 km/h only. Thus it has tracked movement = 3, but its quiet cheap, 24 prestige points.

High Speed Tractor Stalinets S-2
High-speed tractor in its name only, the S-2 was used to tow the 85mm AA guns and 122-203mm guns and howitzers, while doing so the tractor slowed down to 15-20km/h. Still, it is faster than the S-65, so tracked movement = 4. 1275 were produced between 1939-41, on 1 Sept 1941 the Red Army had 892.

Heavy Tractor Voroshilovets
The most powerful (350hp) tractor of the war was used to tow the heaviest 152-305mm guns at relatively high speed. This 15 ton monster is comperable only to the German 18 ton SdKfz 9 halftrack. 1123 were produced between 1939-41. Expensive, tracked movement = 5 (36-42 km/h max speed)

Yaroslavl Ya-12
The switch to tank production after the German attack caused serious demand for modern artillery tractors, thus the Ya-12 entered production in 1943, and by the end of that year 285 were produced. It remained in production until the end of the war and finally 1666 were produced. Ya-12 was used to tow the 85mm AA gun, 100mm AT gun, and 122-152mm guns and howitzers. Good speed, tracked movement = 5 (38 km/h), affordable price, but only available later in the war.

ZIS-42
The only serial-produced Soviet half-track of the war, the ZIS-42 entered production in summer 1942. Approximately 6.000 were produced. Based on the ZIS-5 chassis, the ZIS-42 had more powerful engine and three additional fuel tanks. However, it had a quite low speed for a halftrack, only 36 km/h (halftrack movement = 5), thus it has low price. It can tow 45-57mm AT guns, 76mm divisional guns, and it can also transport infantry.

Horse Transport
The Red Army heavily relied on horse transports as well throughout the war, especially in the first half. Horse transports can tow most light guns and it is the only land transport of the obsolete WWI-era spoked wheel guns (wheeled movement = 4).

Other changes:

Canvas added to Bebro's excellent ZIS-5 truck and the vanilla Soviet truck (US land-lease GMC) to match the style of the new tractors.

Sources:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=74221
http://www.o5m6.de/RussianTractors.html[/quote]

Last edited by McGuba on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Hello McGuba! What an astounding work! Lots of new units and excellent icons!

A question: The download with all the improvements is the link presente at the first post? Thanks!!
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

A question: The download with all the improvements is the link presente at the first post? Thanks!!
Sorry, but as of today (5th October, 2012) it is still the v0.1 which was made with PC v1.05, and thus it does not contain the new system of transports. But, no worries, I will soon update the download link with a new version as I made several other changes as well since the first release. I would like to test a few more things before doing so, just to make sure everything is OK.
ImageImage
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Awesome! I'm looking for the update. The more you test, the best the finished product will be!

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”