DUPLICATE UNIT

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

1ang
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

DUPLICATE UNIT

Post by 1ang »

CAN YOU TELL ME IF YOU CAN DUPLICATE A UNIT AND ADD IT TO A COUNTRY
NETSCAPE
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: DUPLICATE UNIT

Post by NETSCAPE »

When in Place Unit mode, click on the "?" question mark. A tool tip will pop up with all keyboard/mouse short cuts.

You can move units, copy units, switch units around, select all units of one type ect.
1ang
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by 1ang »

NETSCAPE wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:06 pm When in Place Unit mode, click on the "?" question mark. A tool tip will pop up with all keyboard/mouse short cuts.

You can move units, copy units, switch units around, select all units of one type ect.
CIAO NETSCAPE
OK THANKS
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

Hello everybody!

I'm working on a campaign and wanted to assign the supply depot to a new nation.
In a first step I have entered the abbreviation for the new faction (e.g. XY) in factions.csv file. Then, in the units. csv file, in the line from the SupplyDepot at the very back in the brackets, where the other faction/nations contained, I entered the new "XY" code.

After starting the editor, the SupplyDepot for the new faction is shown correctly, but the "Unit Type" field is empty? When I start the scenario with these, the game crashes. What's wrong with that?
1ang
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by 1ang »

asuser wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:20 am Hello everybody!

I'm working on a campaign and wanted to assign the supply depot to a new nation.
In a first step I have entered the abbreviation for the new faction (e.g. XY) in factions.csv file. Then, in the units. csv file, in the line from the SupplyDepot at the very back in the brackets, where the other faction/nations contained, I entered the new "XY" code.

After starting the editor, the SupplyDepot for the new faction is shown correctly, but the "Unit Type" field is empty? When I start the scenario with these, the game crashes. What's wrong with that?
hello asuser,I'm sorry but I can not help you try to open a post in good luck :)
asuser

Post by asuser »

My fear is that the .exe has to be adapted for a new nation / faction.
asuser

Post by asuser »

After many test routines I found out that it works for many unit types for most of the existing nations if you change the 4 unit type names in the NSLOCTEXT brackets within the units.csv. Then you can just write "Depot" instead of "SupplyDepot", for example, the "Unit Type" field in the editor remains empty, but the game does not crash. Unfortunately, this is not yet possible for a new nation. Somewhere there has to be another additional adjustment ... possibly in the UnitType.csv?
1ang
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by 1ang »

asuser wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:57 am After many test routines I found out that it works for many unit types for most of the existing nations if you change the 4 unit type names in the NSLOCTEXT brackets within the units.csv. Then you can just write "Depot" instead of "SupplyDepot", for example, the "Unit Type" field in the editor remains empty, but the game does not crash. Unfortunately, this is not yet possible for a new nation. Somewhere there has to be another additional adjustment ... possibly in the UnitType.csv?
ciao asuser,thanks for the tip :)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”