Import Units.csv or whole mod to editor? Mod dir on Linux?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

anlag
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Import Units.csv or whole mod to editor? Mod dir on Linux?

Post by anlag »

I'm interested in using the editor to create some additional co-op scenarios, initially for personal use but who knows. I had a couple of questions I can't quite work out.

I'd like to create some Finland scenarios. I noticed the base game does not have any Finnish units. I found the extensive PC1 Grandcampaign mod does have Finnish units, so I installed it using Steam Workshop and located the Units.csv file. But to get these units into the editor, I guess I need them in an equipment file. Given the different format and column order, I don't see an easy way to import the 43 units in question into the editor's equipment format; the editor itself seems to have a function to export to Units.csv files, but not to import them. Obviously I could manually import them, I guess that's my last resort.

So first question, is there a convenient way to import units from a Units.csv file into the editor?

The second question goes at the same issue, would it be possible to simply use the Grandcampaign mod data (including units) directly in the editor? I don't see that either.

The third question is more tangential and concerns setting up mods. I understand from one of the sticky topics that mods should go into

Code: Select all

[Documents]/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Mods
. However, I am on Linux and playing the game via Proton, which works great but I'm not sure what filesystem location the mod path corresponds to on my system. For reference, the game directory itself is in

~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Panzer\ Corps\ 2/

Many thanks for any pointers, I spent quite a while trying to figure this out and would be most grateful.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Import Units.csv or whole mod to editor? Mod dir on Linux?

Post by Grondel »

anlag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:13 am So first question, is there a convenient way to import units from a Units.csv file into the editor?
to get the units into the editor u ned to have them in the games units.csv. it´s located in the Data folder of the game. just add the units in questions and they will be in the editor.
anlag wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:13 am The second question goes at the same issue, would it be possible to simply use the Grandcampaign mod data (including units) directly in the editor? I don't see that either.
same as above, just add to the games file.

care, anytime the game updates the unit file will be resetted. if u open the scenario without the units being in the games units.csv all units will be removed from the scenario when opening it, if u don´t notice and safe lot´s of work will be lost.

sers,
Thomas
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

For the 3rd question, where are your save game files?
The Mods directory is next to the SaveGame and SaveCore Directories.
[Documents]/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Save
[Documents]/My Games/Panzer Corps 2/Mods

Game Directory location not important, both the Steam and Slitherline installs use the same Save Directory.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
anlag

Post by anlag »

Ah, excellent. Thanks both of you!

So the PC2 documents folder is here:

~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/1072040/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps 2
Scenarios, Saves and Mods once I create it, among other things. Possibly that number after "compatdata" might change, if someone else finds this and goes looking for the same folder.

Getting the units working by copying the relevant lines to the bottom of the game's Units.csv worked like a charm too. I had understood that it was the equipment.pzeqp file in the Editor directory that was used by the editor, but I can see that one is still unchanged for several months despite importing new units and messing around so I must have misunderstood something. :-)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”