PzC2 Game Recommendations...Fixes!:

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

PzC2 Game Recommendations...Fixes!:

Post by Retributarr »

I will mostly only discuss the "Dislikes!":

"Alternate Historical Realities" are a good subject-matter to explore and study, But!!!... they need or should as practically as much as is possible to be based on as much "Factual-Evidence" or "Proof of Intent" to that premise or event actually having or likely having to have taken place. No-need to go off the "Deep-End" with "Unrealistic Impossibilities" in this category.

Instances where Cavalry or Infantry-Units are taking out Heavy-Tanks with the seemingly greatest of effortless ease... especially on terrain that is most favourable for Tanks... is just "Unrealistic!".

"AI" needs improving,... it's not real-bad overall... but definitely needs more attention for improvement. For instance!... it is common for AI units to mindlessly make "Suicide-Attacks" for no-point or good reason to have any justifiable purpose... this is not acceptable. Its also disconcerting when the "AI-God" sees all on the Game-board... when it should not have that ability... i know that the A{ is supposed to follow the Game-Rules as do Human-Players... but!... that just doesn't seem to really be the case here... this should be fixed!.

Also!... when "Ground-Units" are "Severely Damaged"... What-Say?-50%-60% or more... they should "Not" be able to then retreat helter-skelter in good-order at the regular unhindered movement rate... there should be some penalty to that former regular movement rate... say?... at least a 50% reduction in movement rate... due to command disorganisation, equipment damage... casualties... etc!.

Another-Thing!.... "Anti-Aircraft-Guns"... not all sides had the equipment design capability to switch from "Ariel-Attack to Hard-Attack". Yet!... "in this Game"... it seems like most everyone and anyone can do so!... at will!.

Deployment of Accessible-Available Equipment... should be based on actual real historical ratios... instead of having a "Free-For-All"... on the notion that... i can just have the best of everything... without that consideration.

"Historical Figures" having input into the Game... is absolutely lacking!. I would like to hear much more on the hopes-plans-grievances-cries of fury and disappointment from all the major players at hand... on a somewhat semi-regular basis. This inclusion would drastically help the atmosphere and realism of the Game.

Other than that... that's all that comes to mind at this moment... so in closing... the rest of the Game... the Excellent Graphics... the superbly Detailed Special-Effects animations... the Terrain... and such... are all "Terrific!!!".

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”