Naval rework, help wanted

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Naval rework, help wanted

Post by Grondel »

Hi all,
as i mentioned in an earlier post i would like the communities help in making sea battles in PC2 fun.
To show what has already been done we´ve choosen one of the minor and insignificant battles in the pacific. Midway.
Jokes aside, if we manage to make this one fun, all others will work fine as well.
The reason for choosing Midway was, it´s mostly Sea and only minor land.
There´s no intention to make any Sea-only battles during campaigns, since PC2 focusses on ground combat. But doing sea-lion or pacific-scenarios without any naval component doesn´t feel right.

At the start u can choose to fight as US or Japan and then play the scenario from one of the involved parties.
There are objectives of course to give u something to aim for, but the main focus should be on the fighting and exploring the mechanics.
What is fun? What is not? And most importantly, why?

I suggest to play the scenario on Colonel/General difficulty.

Changes to units:
Torpedo-Bombers:
Both factions have Torpedo-Bombers. They can switch between normal load-out and torpedo-loadout. Torpedos only work against Naval units and have a range of 2 atm.

Fighter planes:
All fighter planes have the same high altitude switch removing the low-altitude trait and disabling ground attack u might know from the PC1-remake mod.

BBs/Cruisers:
All BBs and cruisers have 2 modes they can switch between. Flank and Bombard. Flank, the default mode, has high move and low range, while Bombard has low move, high range and double attack. Cruisers have the same with lower range.

Destroyers:
Destroyers have no switch, but have a certain role to perform. Currently there is Sub Hunting and AA in addition to support. All Destroyers should still be able to support other ships against subs.

Sea planes and tenders:
Both nations have a sea-plane. In addition to normal Airfields those can use land- or sea-tenders as base.

General:
All ships have their strength enhanced and minor ships attacking with torpedos have the no retaliation trade.
"Normal" destroyers will probs get a bombard mode as well, especially to enable them to support landing operations, but that has not been done yet.

Planes have tripple the range. With the plane-selection issue fixed i have no lags when selecting them on my machine. The ui needs a sec to place all the dots for the movement range, but the game is still responsive while it does. Let us know if u have any freezes please.
If the issue when selecting planes is completely gone and machines with lower specs can play this scenario, i might redo planes in PC1-remake as well and solve the issue with historical airfields not supporting the air-base mechanic when zooming in below Corps-scale.

Looking for people:
I am currentlylooking for someone to prepare maps for scenarios. All u need is patience and the will to learn something new.
If u feel like it, please contact me via Discord. My handle is: grondel.

Many thx to tpoo for upgrading all the photos into something representable.

Please leave ur feedback here:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115051

As usual, many thx for ur feedback in advance.

sers,
Thomas

U can get the files here:
Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3218137892
None-steam:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lqxswxeb ... M.zip/file
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Naval rework, help wanted

Post by Grondel »

Questions for the dev team:

in the editor u can add scenario specific custom files. This is working fine for all but the units.csv. Is this gonne be adressed in the future?
The German faction has no plane using the torpedo animation to attack ships. Could this be added to one of the JU or BF modells?

sers,
Thomas
Thunderhog
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Naval rework, help wanted

Post by Thunderhog »

Yeah guys, try this out. His changes made it a ton of fun to play, including trying to go for some alt-history objectives.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”