"Has MG" in Squads.Csv

Modders can post their questions on scripting and more.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

"Has MG" in Squads.Csv

Post by Navaronegun »

All,

Anyone know what this does? Is it just for graphic and audio effect, or does it actually aid the HE attack of the unit which has a value?

Nav
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: "Has MG" in Squads.Csv

Post by AndrewGardner »

It does give a bonus to short range HE attacks.
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun »

AndrewGardner wrote:It does give a bonus to short range HE attacks.
Thanks, Andrew. Within what range? And does that apply to Bombardments or just Direct fire HE attacks?
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

Less than 4 tiles. It applies to direct fire and suppression actions, but not bombardments.
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun »

AndrewGardner wrote:Less than 4 tiles. It applies to direct fire and suppression actions, but not bombardments.
Thanks, Andrew.
LesCM19
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by LesCM19 »

I changed 'has MG' = 1 to the Panhard 178 but it didn't seem to work, even at point blank range (this was to try and nerf the P178 to have no HE shot, like IRL but no success with any SQUADS.csv changes :/
divide & conquer!!

Les
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

LesCM19 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:19 am I changed 'has MG' = 1 to the Panhard 178 but it didn't seem to work, even at point blank range (this was to try and nerf the P178 to have no HE shot, like IRL but no success with any SQUADS.csv changes :/
By changing "Has MG" to 1, you are actually giving an mg to the Panhard. To delete any HE capability, I would guess that you would have to put a zero in all the HE range and attack value columns, and return the "Has MG" column to zero. I am quite familiar with the Pike and Shot and FOG2 Squads.csv files, but have never tried to edit the Battle Academy one, so I am not 100% sure, but it seems the likely solution to me.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.

Return to “Battle Academy : Modders Corner ”