Tricks and Tips

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Tricks and Tips

Post by demyansk »

Guys, how do you disband units?
demyansk

Re:

Post by demyansk »

Kerensky wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:44 pm Good point on the experience caps.

The experience cap for units in DLC 1939 is 225 experience. Or a 2 Star unit.
The experience cap for units in DLC 1940 is 325 experience. Or a 3 Star unit.

And this trend of easing the experience cap will continue as the DLC campaigns continue.

Also, medals being awarded and heroes being earned have both been slowed down compared to the primary campaign to compensate for an overall much longer campaign (70-100 scenarios is the end goal for this first DLC series).
Can someone explain the cap for units and it's always the last line on the briefings. I never looked this up for an explanation. Thanks
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

demyansk wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:49 pm Guys, how do you disband units?
Select unit, press 'D' . It's in the 'Hot key" list.
demyansk wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:52 pm Can someone explain the cap for units and it's always the last line on the briefings. I never looked this up for an explanation. Thanks
In the DLCs one plays a lot of scenarios. So units will get a lot of experience, so a limit is placed in the DLC campaigns.
In 'GC39' through 'GC40' you might otherwise get 5 star units, which makes no sense compared the Wehr or AK campaigns where it might take until '43 or '44 to get five stars with the lower number of scenarios.

So in 'GC'39 when a unit hits experience of 225 it stays at 225 until 'GC40. [Assuming elite replacements.]
So some players build a large army by sidelining units when they hit the limit, allowing other units to build their experience.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

dont want to open new thread so I will ask it here, where I can see how many enemy units I destroyed currently in Campaign and how many I lost ?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:23 pm Press C

viewtopic.php?t=27561
Thank You !
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I love this game, my favorite of all time. By the way, while playing, the extra medals and attack, defense, initiative, bonuses are so hard to find. Am I missing something easily on finding these extra items before attacking?
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

On a PC, left click the mouse to see the combat prediction. This will include any hero effects.

On deployment screen you hover the mouse over the spots at the bottom of the unit plate.

Other times, select the unit viewing screen (mouse + alt or mouse + ctrl). Select the second page. This diplays heroes, though you have yo select each one to see the hero bonus they have.

There might be others but these will work.
faos333

Post by faos333 »

I just finished the GC West 45 campaign, Steam version, in General level difficulty, not very-very challenging, but this was my first run, on this level of difficulty.

Overall great fun, everybody should play the Grand Campaign West.
The scenarios start from some, not so known, historical allied raids in the west. But then going to Italy for defensive operations gets really hot actions like Monte Cassino. Even so fighting in Normandy landing, St. Lo battle and escaping from Falaise nightmare is also great player experience. Finally, doing the unimaginable in the Ardennes winter offensive and ending with an invasion to England, using cool new weapons such as the V1, V2 rockets, Arado bombers etc. Really cool stuff there.

Some tips about the usefulness of my core units and style of play:
No1 build a good amount of infantry with heroes, because there are lot of defensive battles and city hexes.
No 2 lots of artillery, apart from Nebelwerfers, you need mobile support like Wurfrahmen vs infantry, Hummels, Stug’s in artillery mode – great for mobile tank support, even Brummbärs for late game-due to their durability.
No 3 Air force, well this I think is something unique in the West, campaign, you constantly facing, nonstop a strong and challenging enemy force, Me 109’s not so durable they are getting frequent loses, instead you need the Fw 190 to resist them, once there is a break then use some tactical bombers, personally till the end of 1944, I was using a couple of Stuka with great results, later to be upgraded to Arado bombers.
No 4 tanks, just get them as SE units, and you will ok, enemy armor, not so great. In 1945 upgrade to Tiger II and you will ok.
No 5 play this campaign, with your own style, will be rewarded!

Lastly, enjoy the game

Ps in case you need a video walk-through spoiler help, look for You Tube Robbie Plays Strategy Games, is great.
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Link on latest version numbers incl. downloads:

viewtopic.php?f=146&p=827031
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

captainjack wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:40 pm I try to avoid buying tanks early because you get so many captured ones (plus the nice 38t in Poland). Also the early tanks are a bit rubbish. After playing Soviet Corps I rely more on ground troops and AA so my airforce is often very small, and as mentioned, there are a few good fighters awarded in game.

Did I understand it right, you can capture tank in Poland campaign ? Where ? I thought only artilery is captureable in Warsaw mission !?
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

PanzerCro wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:04 am Did I understand it right, you can capture tank in Poland campaign ? Where ? I thought only artilery is captureable in Warsaw mission !?
No not a captured tank.
A 'Gift Hero' Albert Kerscher at Modlin.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

dalfrede wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:03 pm
PanzerCro wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:04 am Did I understand it right, you can capture tank in Poland campaign ? Where ? I thought only artilery is captureable in Warsaw mission !?
No not a captured tank.
A 'Gift Hero' Albert Kerscher at Modlin.
Yes, yes, I completely forgot :)
pankratz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by pankratz »

Hello everybody, a question about close terrain and tanks: On which kind of terrain I want to stay best in battles tank vs. tank? Normally I would say close terrain is never good for tanks. But how does the mechanic work against other tanks?
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

pankratz wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:27 pm Hello everybody, a question about close terrain and tanks: On which kind of terrain I want to stay best in battles tank vs. tank? Normally I would say close terrain is never good for tanks. But how does the mechanic work against other tanks?
I would always keep tanks out of close terrain. Tank versus tank would not change whether in close terrain or clear I believe.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
pankratz

Post by pankratz »

goose_2 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:43 pm
pankratz wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:27 pm Hello everybody, a question about close terrain and tanks: On which kind of terrain I want to stay best in battles tank vs. tank? Normally I would say close terrain is never good for tanks. But how does the mechanic work against other tanks?
I would always keep tanks out of close terrain. Tank versus tank would not change whether in close terrain or clear I believe.
Is the same true for artillery in mountain terrain? Intuitively I would say that this would be a good location? :roll:
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

pankratz wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:21 pm
goose_2 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:43 pm
Is the same true for artillery in mountain terrain? Intuitively I would say that this would be a good location? :roll:
Artillery will be torn up real bad no matter where you put it, but infantry will decimate artillery in close terrain
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Latest version of helpful xls... just for easy reference in future...

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=29212&start=180#p775012
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by jeffoot77 »

Panzer corps mods and archives (folders or zip versions) : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share ... JFZX6dD2B/
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive (folders or zip versions) : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/

Return to “Panzer Corps”