edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: He Died Old (The Great Mithridatic War): Ongoing

Post by edb1815 »

Battle I Results

Pontus Army I vs. Roman Army II

The Pontic army wins the day 54-26.

The Romans set up a tough defensive line on a hill behind a stream. The Pontic army stretched and attacked first on both flanks, winning a cavalry battle on the right and getting cavalry behind the Roman line. A woods on the left shielded the Pontic skirmishers and medium foot whilst more cavalry went around the flank. Ultimately the veteran Roman legions were worn down and gaps appeared in the lines as the Pontics charged in the center. Fun battle and well played by carpenkm!
carpenkm
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by carpenkm »

The Egyptian reinforcements head north to the rescue. Judea is once again rolled over by an army passing through!

3.1 Egypt Army I (1720 FP (4=4+1-1), carpenkm) versus Judea Army I (1480 FP (0=1-2), Triarii). Mediterranean Agricultural (random value = 8, Clear=Agricultural is used).
Egypt wins 41-9
A tough points deficit and the Judean mediums did their best to maneuver. Once the main lines met there was only one winner and that was the player with the most troops!

3.2 Egypt Army II (1660 FP (2=4-2), carpenkm) versus Judea Army I (1540 FP (0=1-2), edb1815). Mediterranean Agricultural (random value = 8, Clear=Agricultural is used).
Egypt wins 56-8

A couple of early fragments for the Judeans set them off to a bad start and there was no way to recover!
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

He Died Old (The Great Mithridatic War): Ongoing

Post by kronenblatt »

• 2.1 Pontus Army IV (1600 FP (2=3-1), Triarii) versus Rome Army I (1600 FP (2=4-2), kronenblatt). Mediterranean Hilly.
    => Rome (0) defeats Pontus (-2) 45-10.
  • 2.2 Armenia Army I (1660 FP (4=4+1-1), edb1815) versus Rome Army I (1540 FP (2=4-2), kronenblatt). Mediterranean Agricultural.
    => Rome (0) defeats Armenia (-2) 43-14.
The Romans were truly blessed by the Goddess of Fortune in these two battles, especially in the battle against the Pontics: have never seen anything like it before and probably never will. Thanks for games, Mike and Eric!
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt

Round 3: Concluded battles

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1
  • 1.1 Pontus Army I (1630 FP (5=5+1-1), edb1815) versus Rome Army II (1570 FP (4=4+1-1), carpenkm). Mediterranean Hilly.
    => Pontus (-1) defeats Rome (-2) 54-26.
=> Pontic victory!

Battle 2
  • 2.1 Pontus Army IV (1600 FP (2=3-1), Triarii) versus Rome Army I (1600 FP (2=4-2), kronenblatt). Mediterranean Hilly.
    => Rome (0) defeats Pontus (-2) 45-10.
  • 2.2 Armenia Army I (1660 FP (4=4+1-1), edb1815) versus Rome Army I (1540 FP (2=4-2), kronenblatt). Mediterranean Agricultural.
    => Rome (0) defeats Armenia (-2) 43-14.
=> Roman victory!

Battle 3
  • 3.1 Egypt Army I (1720 FP (4=4+1-1), carpenkm) versus Judea Army I (1480 FP (0=1-2), Triarii). Mediterranean Agricultural.
    => Egypt (0) defeats Judea (-2) 41-9.
  • 3.2 Egypt Army II (1660 FP (2=4-2), carpenkm) versus Judea Army I (1540 FP (0=1-2), edb1815). Mediterranean Agricultural.
    => Egypt (0) defeats Judea (-2) 56-8.
=> Egyptian victory!

kronenblatt

Round 3: administration

Post by kronenblatt »

Administration: moving armies and reducing army size after battles, managing sieges (reducing Defense values), changing control over towns, cities, provinces, merging and splitting armies, moving generals.

Losing armies: Armenia Army I, Pontus Army IV, Rome Army II must move 8 - 10 MP away from the armies it fought.
Victorious armies: Egypt Army I, Egypt Army II, Pontus Army I, Rome Army I are allowed (but not obliged) to move 1 - 6 MP in any direction.

Please advise by way of PM to me by October 23 at the latest (9 PM, Stockholm time) on the above and on the merging and splitting of armies and moving of generals.

kronenblatt

Round 3: administration (cont.)

Post by kronenblatt »

Losing armies: Armenia Army I, Pontus Army IV, Rome Army II must move 8 - 10 MP away from the armies it fought.
  • Armenia I: 2 2 2 12
  • Pontus IV: 2 2 12
  • Rome II: 10 12 8 8 10 12 10
Victorious armies: Egypt Army I, Egypt Army II, Pontus Army I, Rome Army I are allowed (but not obliged) to move 1 - 6 MP in any direction.
  • Egypt I: 12
  • Pontus I: 8
  • Rome I: 4 8

kronenblatt

Round 4: Winter!

Post by kronenblatt »

The applicable "random" number from round 3 is a 1, deciding round 4 to be a WINTER period.

kronenblatt

Round 4: Supply and Upkeep

Post by kronenblatt »

SUPPLY
  • Armies are supplied to the extent provided through foraging in the hexes themselves (ports can also provide supply), as follows:
=> All armies are fully supplied this round, except for Rome I which is reduced to size 3.

UPKEEP
  • Upkeep cost is paid in the Supply and Upkeep phase, after having received the round's Army Replacement Points, adding to the factions' current Army Replacement Points pools, as follows:
    • Pontus: 2 + 24 = 26.
    • Rome: 1 + 24 = 25.
    • Armenia: 2 + 8 = 10.
    • Egypt: 0 + 12 = 12.
    • Syria: 0 + 8 = 8.
  • Upkeep cost for each army amounts to 2 plus its current size in Army Replacement Points (i.e., 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
  • After payment of upkeep costs, Army Replacement Points remain as follows:
    • Pontus: 11 (-15).
    • Rome: 5 (-20).
    • Armenia: 6 (-4).
    • Egypt: 0(-12).
    • Syria: 0 (-8).

kronenblatt

Round 4: Recruitment

Post by kronenblatt »

Reinforcing Existing Armies
  • Existing armies can in the Recruitment phase be reinforced up to size 5 (of its original size) in a controlled and unsieged town or city in a currently controlled province.
  • The cost of reinforcing an existing army amounts to twice the size increase in Army Replacement Points (e.g., 2 Army Replacement Points if reinforcing from size 3 to 4).
(Please note that reinforcing armies that lost or drew battles in the previous round will reduce their movement allowance, unless commanded by generals.)

Raising New Armies
  • A new army can in the Recruitment phase be raised in any hex containing a controlled and unsieged town or city and located in an originally controlled province, provided that there is no enemy army within 6 MP.
  • Armies can only be raised in sizes 2, 3, 4, and 5 (i.e., not 1).
  • The cost of raising a new army amounts to 4 plus twice such size in Army Replacement Points (i.e., 8, 10,12, 14).
Obtaining Generals
  • New generals (whether replacing killed ones or not) can be obtained at a cost of 4 Army Replacement Points, provided that the new general can then only appear in the hex of an army located in a controlled and unsieged town or city (whether the province is currently controlled or not).
  • Once having been obtained in such a way, the general will start commanding that army with immediate effect.

kronenblatt

Round 4: Recruitment

Post by kronenblatt »

Rome uses 2 of its 5 ARP to reinforce +1 in Rome II, leaving it with 3 ARP.

kronenblatt

Round 4: Movement

Post by kronenblatt »

Time for round 4's movement instructions.
  • Please note that it's WINTER, having implications for movement cost as well as supply.
  • All major faction and client state faction armies get 12 MP each to be used for movement that round, provided however that:
    • an army having lost a battle in the previous round gets its movement allowance reduced to 6 MP, and further to 0 MP if reinforced (unless commanded by a general at the beginning of the Movement phase).
    • an army having drawn a battle in the previous round gets its movement allowance reduced to 6 MP if reinforced (unless commanded by a general at the beginning of the Movement phase).
  • In addition, all armies that at the beginning of the Movement phase are commanded by a general get an additional +4 MP, whether movement allowance has been reduced or not.
  • Movement instructions are expressed as a sequence of individual moves, with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by me).
    • For example, Roman army I: 2 4 2 6 0 6
  • Please send the movement instructions of your faction's armies by way of PM to me.
  • Your faction is free to decide whether a one player submits for all armies, each player for his own army or armies, or whatever what works for you.
  • However, if I receive any conflicting instructions, I'll use the ones received last (as long as not after the deadline).
  • I'll not open any of the other faction's PMs until I've published the movement instructions of my own faction.

kronenblatt

Round 4: Movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt

Round 4: Executed moves

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt

Round 4: Battle resolutions

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1
  • 1.1 Pontus Army I (1630 FP (3=4+1-2), edb1815) versus Rome Army I (1570 FP (2=3-1), carpenkm). Mediterranean Mountains (random value = 5, northwest of Rome Army Ii (having spent the fewest MP)). carpenkm sets up.
  • 1.2 Pontus Army I (1570 FP (3=4+1-2), Triarii) versus Rome Army IV (1630 FP (4=4+1-1), kronenblatt). Mediterranean Hilly (random value = 1, northeast of Pontus Army I (having spent the fewest MP) but northeast is sea and immediately smallest number with land hex is 4, so southwest). Triarii sets up.
The engagement will in Field of Glory II: Ancients be set up as follows:
  • Scenario: Open Battle.
  • Turn limit: 24 turns.
  • Map size: Wide (40 x 32).
  • Armies and allies: The two armies use their respective factions' army lists (no allies).

Triarii
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Triarii »

Battle 1.2 is set up
PW in PM.
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Battle set up for edb1815. password is edb1815

good luck
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

carpenkm wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:49 pm Battle set up for edb1815. password is edb1815

good luck
set up on the narrow map - new challenge - same pw
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

1.2 Pontus Army I (1570 FP, Triarii) versus Rome Army IV (1630 FP, kronenblatt). Mediterranean Hilly.
=> Romans win 62-46.

carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

1.1 Pontus Army I (1630 FP (3=4+1-2), edb1815) versus Rome Army I (1570 FP (2=3-1), carpenkm). Mediterranean Mountains (random value = 5, northwest of Rome Army I (having spent the fewest MP))

Draw - Rome suffered 41% casualties, Pontus suffered 59%
The battle finally ended. Night fell to save the Pontic. The romans had taken a very defensive position and the Pontics were reluctant to attack head on. After some skirmishing and a cavalry probe on the right, the pontic closed close enough to tempt the Romans out. After many turns of cautious play the last few turns were a full on clash. Despite success on the right against the Roman Mediums the main line was won by the legions vs the imitation version. Well played.
kronenblatt

Round 4: Concluded battles

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1
  • 1.1 Pontus Army I (1630 FP, edb1815) versus Rome Army I (1570 FP, carpenkm). Mediterranean Mountains.
    => Rome (-2) defeats Pontus (-3) 62-46.
  • 1.2 Pontus Army I (1570 FP, Triarii) versus Rome Army IV (1630 FP, kronenblatt). Mediterranean Hilly.
    => Rome (-2) draws with Pontus (-2) 59-41.
=> Roman victory!

edit: Roman Army IV instead of II.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”