Redeeming Steam Keys

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Fred98
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Redeeming Steam Keys

Post by Fred98 »

I still do not understand. The whole idea is to purchase a game on Matrix/Slitherine and then download the game from Steam.

1. The game is published by Matrix/Slitherine
2. Some time afterwards, the game is published by Steam
3. Register my game on Slitherine
4. Then obtain Steam keys
5. At this point I am baffled

The screen shot at the top of this thread shows VPaulus bought the game from Slitherine and registered the game with Slitherine
He demonstrates how to obtain the Steam keys

The next screen shot shows his Steam library. It shows that the game is already in his library.
That means he bought it on Slitherine and then also bought it on Steam

So, what have I missed? How did you get the game into your Steam library without buying it on Steam?
lukaszgwozdz2

Post by lukaszgwozdz2 »

Fred98 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:59 am The screen shot at the top of this thread shows VPaulus bought the game from Slitherine and registered the game with Slitherine

The next screen shot shows his Steam library. It shows that the game is already in his library.

So, what have I missed? How did you get the game into your Steam library without buying it on Steam?
The screenshot was just taken after he'd already done the process once, that's why it's showing the game already in the library. The process is exactly as described above - enter the code from slitherine/matrix into Steam via "activate product" and it will be added to the library.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Fred98 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:59 am I still do not understand. The whole idea is to purchase a game on Matrix/Slitherine and then download the game from Steam.

1. The game is published by Matrix/Slitherine
2. Some time afterwards, the game is published by Steam
3. Register my game on Slitherine
4. Then obtain Steam keys
5. At this point I am baffled

The screen shot at the top of this thread shows VPaulus bought the game from Slitherine and registered the game with Slitherine

the redeem key, which makes a site bought key into a steam key, simple, quick and easy and works well
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

In Steam, the only option l have is to put the game into my cart. Then l have to pay for it with a credit card.

In the instructions above, you buy the game for free, then activate the game with steam keys.

How do l get it into my Steam library?
matt3916
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by matt3916 »

Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account. Click the. Games. menu option at the top of the Steam client. Choose. Activate a Product on Steam... Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

or input "activate a product on steam" into your favorite search engine.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

OK, the instructions in post1 above are slightly misleading.

I thought you have to get the game into your Steam library and afterwards activate the game. Not true!

Rather, you don't have the game in your Steam library. You then select "activate game" and type in the Steam key to a cell. Steam knows which game it belongs to. The game is then dowloaded to your Steam library.

In my case I did not need to open an account with Slitherine to obtain my Steam key, rather my account with Matrix provided my Steam key.
misternizz

Post by misternizz »

I thought I had bought FoG Medieval direct, it turns out I bought it via Steam. Problem one.
I bought Rise of the Swiss DLC directly from Slitherine today. Problem two.
(yeah, I know, I didn't check, that is on me).
I tried to install the Rise of the Swiss. It doesn't detect the FoG Medieval on my machine. Problem three.
Contacted Support- they direct me to the Register Serial number page. Stellar, I go do this.
There is no Serial Key evident in the installation anywhere. Problem four.
Is there a way of getting the serial number for Rise of the Swiss DLC? I understand that if I get that, I can get the steam key generated to complete the installation. I just don't want to waste my money.

Thanks!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

misternizz wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:40 pm I thought I had bought FoG Medieval direct, it turns out I bought it via Steam. Problem one.
I bought Rise of the Swiss DLC directly from Slitherine today. Problem two.
(yeah, I know, I didn't check, that is on me).
I tried to install the Rise of the Swiss. It doesn't detect the FoG Medieval on my machine. Problem three.
Contacted Support- they direct me to the Register Serial number page. Stellar, I go do this.
There is no Serial Key evident in the installation anywhere. Problem four.
Is there a way of getting the serial number for Rise of the Swiss DLC? I understand that if I get that, I can get the steam key generated to complete the installation. I just don't want to waste my money.

Thanks!
I think you mean you want the Steam key for your RotS DLC? If you have registered it with our site then you should be able to access the Steam Key from the entry which should exist on your My Page (accessed from the main slitherine.com web page).

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Scraphound

Post by Scraphound »

What about DLC?

I bought a CMBN bundle on Battlefront with all DLCs included, but when I activate on Steam I only have the base game.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Try the use the same Battlefront serial for registering the DLCs on your Slitherine account.
Scraphound

Post by Scraphound »

VPaulus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:22 pm Try the use the same Battlefront serial for registering the DLCs on your Slitherine account.
Thank you. I was able to redeem most of the DLC, but I cannot redeem Battle Pack 1.
Scraphound

Post by Scraphound »

Scraphound wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:22 pm
VPaulus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:22 pm Try the use the same Battlefront serial for registering the DLCs on your Slitherine account.
Thank you. I was able to redeem most of the DLC, but I cannot redeem Battle Pack 1. I purchased the CMBN 3 big bundle on the Battlefront site a few years back.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Then you'll have to contact Battlefront Helpdesk:
https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/
fercyful

Post by fercyful »

Scraphound wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:23 pm
Scraphound wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:22 pm
Thank you. I was able to redeem most of the DLC, but I cannot redeem Battle Pack 1. I purchased the CMBN 3 big bundle on the Battlefront site a few years back.
Same problem here. Purchased the big bundle. The only DLC that can't activate is Battle Pack 1.
Argo37
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Argo37 »

Hi ...I have try register the serial key on Pancer Corps 2 AO 1946 DLC but they say me I have "Sorry, you already redeemed this serial." But a didint....WTF???

I have write on suport email and nothing...I have pay for this DLC and still I cant play this...
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@Argo37
The issue with the Steam keys is fixed.
andy caldwell

Post by andy caldwell »

I bought Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach yesterday and tried to add it to Steam and it said that It was already registered to a different account. I have emailed Slitherine support and have received a ticket number but have not received a solution or a new code. I am very disappointed please can someone help me?

If you can please help me
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@andy caldwell
You have to contact support@slitherine.co.uk

Return to “News & Announcements”