Littl Wars IV - Results

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Littl Wars IV - Results

Post by Karvon »

Ancients

Karvon - Huns (Western) 376 AD w German Horse Tribe allies defeated keksoid - Thessallian 404-352 w/ Greek 460 allies 57-9.

The Thessalians deployed a few hoplites in a loose line along a gentle slope and between a marsh and large rough patch covering their left, with their horse covering their right flank, and a few light screening their position.

We drove in their lights with long range charges and then shot up and saw off most of their horse covering their right. We likewise massed fire on a lone hoplite holding the gap between the marsh and rough and then flanked and routed it as well. A couple of his lights got picked off in pursuit along the way.

Karvon
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
chee006
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by chee006 »

Karvon wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:35 am
chee006 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:37 am
I have updated my last post with the loss score which I assume is what you wanted.

Also attached is the screenshot of the results incase if that's not what you were looking for,
What you need to report is the raw score displayed on the battlefield, the one you see when you opt to review, not the last screen, as that is a modified one, taking into account adjustment of losses to both winning and losing sides for pursuit and recovery of casualties.

Thanks

Karvon
Sorry i really don't quite get what you're saying, can you show me a sample?

I have attached 2 more screenshots from the pre final score here.
Attachments
20240506120546_1.jpg
20240506120546_1.jpg (867.01 KiB) Viewed 250 times
20240506120454_1.jpg
20240506120454_1.jpg (849.4 KiB) Viewed 250 times
20240505183416_1.jpg
20240505183416_1.jpg (562.24 KiB) Viewed 250 times
https://avidwargamer.com/
principesromanes
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by principesromanes »

Ancients

principesromanes (Achaemenid Persians 545-481 BC) defeats heidipie (Egyptian 1200-1150 BC) 43-0

The Persians were hanging out at a peaceful oasis when the Egyptians stormed onto the scene (the map was truly odd - the centre of the Persian deployment area had a modest lake in the middle of a bowl of hills). Seeing the small Egyptian force was not likely to charge up the steep hill bordering the oasis, the Persians charged down, claiming some of the enclosures the Egyptians vacated. Alas, the overeager Persians fell for the Egyptian feint and had to quickly re-form a line as more Egyptians emerged from the marshes. Even scattered, the Persian arrows managed to disrupt a few Egyptian units before contact, blunting the force of the Egyptian charge. A few Persians forming a line in the enclosures also helped, especially as this portion of the line was quickly flanked. Despite some valiant fighting from the Egyptians, the Persians were better able to exploit the wholes in the line to cause some brittle Egyptian units to turn tail and flee.

Thanks for the game!
Holien
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Holien »

Ancients

Holien - Carthaginian 262-236 BC defeats ulysisgrunt - Antigonid 4% to 40%

The Carthage force made a serious miscalculation on their advance to the central steep hill and the Antigonid Pikes got to the heights first. This caused the Carthage force to split and dance around the Pike blocks. The initial Cavalry charge from the Antignoid Lancers ran down the slingers but ultimately the Lancers were caught in a pincer. Slowly with careful manuver the Antigonid forces were picked off the lone Carthage Elephant breaking a Pike block by hitting it from the rear. Without the bits of rough ground to the right of the central hill the Carthage force would have been stomped by the Pikes and Lancers.

The result does not show how tough a game it was. Thanks for the quick turns.
Holien

Post by Holien »

Ancients

Holien - Carthaginian 262-236 BC defeats keksoid - Thessallian 404-352 w/ Greek 460 allies 11% to 43%

Lost post - by editing by mistake, rather than copy - I plead insanity due to old age...

Restored the Score...

Slava Ukraini - Sic semper tyrannis
Last edited by Holien on Sat May 11, 2024 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Holien

Post by Holien »

chee006 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:07 am
Karvon wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:35 am
I have updated my last post with the loss score which I assume is what you wanted.

Also attached is the screenshot of the results incase if that's not what you were looking for,
What you need to report is the raw score displayed on the battlefield, the one you see when you opt to review, not the last screen, as that is a modified one, taking into account adjustment of losses to both winning and losing sides for pursuit and recovery of casualties.

Thanks

Karvon

Just type something like this out - it makes his life easier as he can cut and paste into the XLS..

Ancients

Holien - Carthaginian 262-236 BC defeats keksoid - Thessallian 404-352 w/ Greek 460 allies (D) 11% to 43%

Screen shots can't be cut and pasted from and if every one did it it would be a PITA for him.

;)
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Karvon »

Please follow the format given in the first post of this forum. So in this case it would be a minimum of:

Medieval

Chee006 Mongols defeated inibill Catalina Company 67 - 29.

Some players add a short description of how the battle unfolded. Some include a screenshot or two. These are appreciated, but optional.

Thanks

Karvon
keksoid
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by keksoid »

Ancients

keksoid - Thessallian 404-352 w/ Greek 460 allies defeated SawyerK - Thracian Roman Client 50 BC to 46 AD army with Roman ally with a score 44% - 0%.
Thanks for the game!
heidipie
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by heidipie »

Karvon for medieval, have had four battles against 4 opponents, won all of them , per scores posted above......

do i need to repost or something ?
principesromanes
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Ancients

principesromanes (Achaemenid Persians 545-481 BC) ties Karvon (Hunnic (Western) 376-454 AD with Germanic Horse Tribes 260-492 AD allies) 36-16

Two armies came to the battlefield equipped with bows. One army also brought horses.

The Persians opened the battle by seizing a tall but relatively smooth and oddly shaped hill. The Huns tried to manouver to find a direction to exploit. As they were doing so, the Persians sallied forth off the hill, peppering the Huns with arrows and promptly disrupting a superior unit of horse. The Hunnic lancers valiantly charged some of the Persian foot during this opening phase, but to no avail. The Huns did take down a unit of Persian cavalry, but withdrew the worse for the encounter.

As the Huns regrouped, the Persians tried to chase a few units of fleeing cavalry, with a little bit of success. This, however, left the Persians strung out and in the open - never a good position to be in when faced with a horse army. The Persians raced to regroup around a patch of rough ground and ultimately succeeded in doing so without loosing more than a single unit of light horse.

As the sun started to set, it looked like the battle might end with this standoff. However, in the dying daylight, the Huns regrouped to make a final attempt to probe the Persian army for any weaknesses. The Persians, in a similar last-ditch effort, again charged towards the enemy horse, leading with a swarm of arrows. The Persians managed to break another unit of Hunnic horse with their arrows. Unfortunately, the Persians were just a few arrows short - two units of enemy light horse were both within 20 men of breaking and giving the Persians the victory, but there just weren't enough arrows left in the quiver before night fell.

Thanks Karvon for the fun game and for organizing the tournament.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Karvon »

heidipie wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:36 am Karvon for medieval, have had four battles against 4 opponents, won all of them , per scores posted above......

do i need to repost or something ?
No need; I found the missing game.

Thanks

Karvon
principesromanes
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Ancients

principesromanes (Achaemenid Persians 545-481 BC) defeats rockmanbob123 (Fatamid Egyptian 978-1073 AD) 46-9

The armies met on opposing hills with a small stream passing between them. A small oasis protected the Persian flank, with a few patches of rough scattered in the hills. The Persians considered pushing forward to the stream but were beaten to the action by the aggressive Fatamid horsemen. The Fatamids lost two units of light horse but it allowed much of the rest of the horse to come within range without being subjected to many arrows. However, the Persian chariots were able to hold off the worst of the lancer charges while the Persians took advantage of some rough to pepper the horsemen with arrows. The Fatamid lancers had some initial luck charging the other Persian flank but, in the end, it wasn't enough to create a breakthrough.

Thanks for the game - it was much closer than the score shows. Another Persian unit falling to the charge on the Persian left and the line likely would have collapsed.
Indibil

Post by Indibil »

ANCIENTS

Indibil - Roman 425-498 AD with Hunnic (W) 455-559 AD allies won keksoid - Thessallian 404-352 w/ Greek 460 allies
67 - 60 %. I think this is a draw.
Thanks for this exciting game
chee006

Post by chee006 »

Karvon wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:19 pm

Please follow the format given in the first post of this forum. So in this case it would be a minimum of:

Medieval

Some players add a short description of how the battle unfolded. Some include a screenshot or two. These are appreciated, but optional.

Thanks

Karvon
Hi Karvon,

I have went back and edited my previous post to reflect your format.

Please do let me know if it's correct.

Thanks
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Karvon »

chee006 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:01 am

Medieval

Thanks

Karvon
Hi Karvon,

Thanks
Did you happen to write that using an AI? Your account say the other side won :)

Karvon
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Karvon »

Ancients

Karvon - Huns (Western) 376 AD w German Horse Tribe allies defeated rockmanbob123 - Fatimid Egyptian 978-1073 53-28.

The forces met in wooded hills, hardly good ground for either army. We opted to use our lights out on the flanks as scouts and harassers, and kept our main 3 division hidden in and behind the woods on our left and right.

The Fatamids advanced their main body of mixed horse on our left towards our scouting light horse, chasing them up to the woods. A token heavy foot supported by a pair of light foot bow pushed along the right side along a hill ridge towards the woods on our right to help drive off our scouts supported by a horse. We sprang our right wing ambush and saw off the horse. The main body of the Fatimids then pivoting back towards the center, short of a central small steep hill with a gentle lower slope in response to this and started back around this hill. We then sprang our left wing ambush and shot up and flanked some of his trailing horse. We sprang our central ambush, made up lancers, from behind hills along our baseline, scattering some of his horse archers and securing the lower gentle slopes of the central hill.

The Fatimids again pivoted his surviving central horse to face off against our lancers and horse archers holding the slopes of the central hill. We got the better of some shooting before his horse charged in, and a prolonged melee ensued.

Meanwhile, on our right, we encircled and shot up the lone heavy foot then charged in and saw it off after a brief fight.

The center fight then went our way, thanks to our better morale, being uphill and initial disruption of some of the Fatimids. When their center crumbled, their army gave up and fled the field.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Karvon »

Indibil wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:50 am ANCIENTS

Indibil - Roman 425-498 AD with Hunnic (W) 455-559 AD allies won keksoid - Thessallian 404-352 w/ Greek 460 allies
67 - 60 %. I think this is a draw.
Thanks for this exciting game
Correct, if both armies go 60+ in losses, it is indeed a draw.

Karvon
chee006

Post by chee006 »

Karvon wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:32 pm
chee006 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:01 am

Medieval

Thanks

Karvon
Hi Karvon,

Thanks
Did you happen to write that using an AI? Your account say the other side won :)

Karvon
Oh yes! You caught me. Sory really busy week so gotta work smart.

I've corrected my story since.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Karvon »

Here are the current rankings. We're nearing the halfway point, so hopefully you've finished - or close to finishing, 5 games. I haven't seen too many results posted for Medieval yet; please don't wait till the last moment to start your matches.
Attachments
lw4 2024 05 11 s.jpg
lw4 2024 05 11 s.jpg (120.96 KiB) Viewed 57 times
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Karvon »

...and here are the Matrix tables.
Attachments
lw4 2024 05 11 m.jpg