Suggest for update: more attention to campaign mode fleet points, blueprints, dlc ship availability

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
DEFCONwon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Suggest for update: more attention to campaign mode fleet points, blueprints, dlc ship availability

Post by DEFCONwon »

"Increase Fleet Caps
The caps for fleet composition have been increased to 16k points and 10 ships for Skirmish, Multiplayer, and Operation Anabasis. Multiplayer includes two new fleet point tiers (12k and 16k) for matches."

Unfortunate, I was hoping to get the campaign fleet points increased a couple thousand. Many of us stick to the campaign only, skipping MP and Anabasis.
In lieu of increasing the fleet level cap, how about letting US designate a battlestar, or even another ship, to "Galactica" instead of being forced to use an fleet-point-expensive one? I'd happily use an Artemis for the entire game as the Galactica so free up fleet points. As it is in the later dlc stories, I use another fleet for everything I can, but I'm stuck with the expensive Jupiter mkII when "Galactica must be present" when the story missions come up.

Again, this could be a feature for subsequent play throughs, as should playing the game with all ships blueprints even in the base game.
An option to use the Modern Ship Pack in the campaign would sell it to me. It might not be era-correct, but could add to the replayability of the game after initially playing "vanilla" and era-correct. Give me a reason to buy the ship pack since I don't care for MP or Anabasis. I'm glad to buy any dlc that I can get use out of!
psxyke

Re: Suggest for update: more attention to campaign mode fleet points, blueprints, dlc ship availability

Post by psxyke »

I am totally disappointed :cry: Perhaps they fear that the new ships will break the campaign making it very easy, but at the same time they should give us the option after finishing it for those who buy both dlcs :(

The fleet limit for the campaign is not improved either :cry:
DEFCONwon

Re: Suggest for update: more attention to campaign mode fleet points, blueprints, dlc ship availability

Post by DEFCONwon »

Starting with the Daybreak update, PC players will be able to create fleets with up to 10 ships, with two new fleet point tiers: 12K and 16K. Console players can create 8 ship fleets up to 12K fleet points. (The lower limits are due to hardware constraints on the base systems.)

You might be wondering whether larger fleets are available in campaigns. We decided not to support larger fleets in campaigns, due to the inevitable balancing issues this would cause.
As well as the base game campaign, there 3 full campaigns, and the extra missions in Broken Alliance. We felt that attempting to re-balance all of these campaigns across 4 difficulty levels presented too much risk of throwing out the balancing we’ve spent years getting where we want it.
I guess that ends that. Could we at least have the option to NOT get stuck with a big expensive Jupiter MkII as Galactica (on subsequent play throughs) and designate another battlestar as the Galactica like we can set one as flagship for other fleets? With the Jupiters being so costly, the rest of the fleet suffers.

OR...separate the Galactica from the fleet make up like the support ship is so we can design a fleet group we want to use.

And again, unlock the dlc blueprints, officially, for us to use in subsequent play throughs of the original campaign and earlier dlc's.
finrodfelagund
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by finrodfelagund »

Its so silly that we can't use dlc ships for campaign. Yeah balance will suffer, but it should be our decision to enable them in campaign. I don't like MP or skirmish so this game is only story modes for me but whats the point if I can't use those ships ?
Victor_shaw
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Victor_shaw »

Yeah this was the last nail in the coffin for me.
I only play campaign so none of this is worth it to me.
I would get 8 missions that I would run through fast then have nothing else from it.
Well at least its money I will save.
Rebel Yell
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rebel Yell »

Victor_shaw wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:33 am
I would get 8 missions that I would run through fast then have nothing else from it.
Well at least its money I will save.
So you don't want to play this game any more then?

In addition to the 8 missions, you get continuing development on the game for your money. That's how it works.

Or, you can save your money and let the game die. Your choice, but don't say you don't get anything else.
finrodfelagund

Post by finrodfelagund »

Rebel Yell wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:52 pm

So you don't want to play this game any more then?

In addition to the 8 missions, you get continuing development on the game for your money. That's how it works.

Or, you can save your money and let the game die. Your choice, but don't say you don't get anything else.
Given that the patches and DLCs only affect MP, its effectively dead to a campaign/offline only player. Why would he give his money to a DLC that won't give anything in return except a short campaign and using the ships in another unfun sounding campaign ?
Rebel Yell
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rebel Yell »

finrodfelagund wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:07 pm
Given that the patches and DLCs only affect MP, its effectively dead to a campaign/offline only player. Why would he give his money to a DLC that won't give anything in return except a short campaign and using the ships in another unfun sounding campaign ?
They don't only affect MP, but he said all he will get is a campaign and that's not true.

You're ignoring the same thing. If you like a game and you want it to continue to be developed and put out content, support it.

If you choose not to, and that is certainly your choice to do so, don't complain about not getting what you wanted or game development ceasing all together.
Victor_shaw

Post by Victor_shaw »

Rebel Yell wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:02 pm
They don't only affect MP, but he said all he will get is a campaign and that's not true.

You're ignoring the same thing. If you like a game and you want it to continue to be developed and put out content, support it.

If you choose not to, and that is certainly your choice to do so, don't complain about not getting what you wanted or game development ceasing all together.
I have not played the game since just a few weeks after Ghost Fleet came out because I found it quick and am still not fond of the changes. I liked being able to control my fleets over all the colonies and not just the ones they gave missions for. I also am not happy with the idea that "all I get" as a campaign player is 8 missions which is even less then was in Ghost Fleet, New ships are a separate DLC (EA much), They made the decision for me if I can uses the Valkyrie in the War (even if you don'c count B&C they where in Caprica), they also made the wrong decision for me if I wanted bigger fleets in the campaign (I do and was one of the only reasons I have kept watching the game), And finally they keep ignoring request by players to have the ships avalibility open up on progressive playthroughs.
At this point I'm fine letting the game die.
I doubt me not buying it will cause that, but I also don't have to support a game I no-longer have interest in just so you can get updates.
DEFCONwon

Post by DEFCONwon »

The responsibility mainly lies with the developer to put out content that consumers want to spend their money on. I supported the game by buying it in the first place. Then by buying dlc that appeals to me. So far, I've got all of it. I got Anabasis just for the sake of support. I never play it. "For support" isn't reason enough. I'm all for the new ship pack, just *give me an excuse to buy it*. Let me *replay* the game with everything I've bought.
All I want is a toggle button option to allow all ship designs in a replay of the base game and dlc, and increased fleet points to be able to use all dlc I've bought when replaying the campaign. That's it. As it is, they put out dlc (the ships that is) that's only for the section of consumers that play MP. That's who should buy it. That's how we vote, with our money, to demonstrate to the developer the content we want. Otherwise there will be more content in the future that doesn't apply to the campaign only players and we have only ourselves to blame due to the miscommunication.
Commander Scott
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Commander Scott »

There’s no need to worry about new DLC that only focuses on the multiplayer side of the game. They quietly announced during Wednesday’s preview stream that Armistice and the Modern Ships Pack are the final add-ons for Deadlock. What that means for future support and bug fixes is anyone’s guess, but baring a massive U-turn, these will be the last pieces of paid content they release.

To confound matters in regards to the modern ships, the two battlestars have inaccurate weapons load outs and placements, and the Guardian basestar is based on a model made four years ago for a Sins of a Solar Empire mod called Fall of Kobol, (credit to OregonUK for tracking that down) rather than the actual baseship used in Razor. These inaccuracies have given me pause when it comes to getting the Modern Ships Pack, but I'll definitely be buying Armistice so I can play out the final chapter of the war and bring Galactica home.
So Say We All!
finrodfelagund

Post by finrodfelagund »

Rebel Yell wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:02 pm

I am not ignoring the same thing. I want the game to continue to be developed but we are not a charity and unless they refuse to cater to our expectations they can say goodbye to our money. They're not putting out an essential service, they're a business and if they want to ignore a portion of their clients we will happily ignore Slitherine too and spend our money on devs that actually care about our expectations.
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

all the modern ships need to have Blueprints to make it like the rest of the game with blueprints also the MK2 Jupiter blueprint needs updating because on the alligator head the extra battlestar turrets are not shown in the blueprint at all but the ship has the correct turrets in gameplay the blueprint is wrong to the ship.
Riekopo

Post by Riekopo »

They should add an option to increase fleet sizes in campaign. Even if it's not balanced. Just slap a warning label on it.

I was really disappointed about that.
oregonuk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oregonuk »

I too think fleet cap should go up by 1000 points min in campaign and the cylons should get this 1000 points also in Campaign to balance it out and be fair
Riekopo

Post by Riekopo »

Is it possible to create mods that do these things we want?

I'm really annoyed they haven't released a small update for these small requests. It wouldn't be hard for them to do probably.

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”