Round 1: Administration (cont.)

Post by kronenblatt »

Egypt Army I: 6 6 8 8 6
Rome Army III: 8 10 12 10 10 8
Pontus Army I: 12 12
Rome Army II: 6 8
Egypt Army II: 4 2
Pontus Army III: 8 10

Please note that I've also changed the rules (this round for the benefit of Egypt Army II only) so that an army having won a battle is now allowed (but not obliged) to move 1 - 6 MP in any direction (instead of the previous 1-4). Since most hexes cost 3 MP (and in winter even 6 MP), it'd otherwise not be so advantageous to win.

kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Round 2: Supply and upkeep

Post by kronenblatt »

SUPPLY
  • Armies are supplied to the extent provided through foraging in the hexes themselves (ports can also provide supply), as follows:
=> All armies are fully supplied this round.

UPKEEP
  • Upkeep cost is paid in the Supply and Upkeep phase, after having received the round's Army Replacement Points, adding to the factions' current Army Replacement Points pools (currently zero from first round), as follows:
    • Pontus: 24.
    • Rome: 24.
    • Armenia: 8.
    • Egypt: 12.
    • Syria: 8.
  • Upkeep cost for each army amounts to 2 plus its current size in Army Replacement Points (i.e., 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
  • After payment of upkeep costs, Army Replacement Points remain as follows:
    • Pontus: 0 (-24).
    • Rome: 2 (-22).
    • Armenia: 0 (-8).
    • Egypt: 3 (-9).
    • Syria: 0 (-8).

kronenblatt

Round 2: Recruitment

Post by kronenblatt »

Reinforcing Existing Armies
  • Existing armies can in the Recruitment phase be reinforced up to size 5 (of its original size) in a controlled and unsieged town or city in an currently controlled province.
  • The cost of reinforcing an existing army amounts to twice the size increase in Army Replacement Points (e.g., 2 Army Replacement Points if reinforcing from size 3 to 4).
=> Only Rome (2) and Egypt (3) have enough ARP to reinforce any existing armies.
=> However, only Rome of the two has reinforceable armies (II, III, and IV) located in controlled and unsieged towns or cities in currently controlled provinces.
(Please note that reinforcing armies that lost or drew battles in the previous round will reduce their movement allowance, unless commanded by generals.)

Raising New Armies
=> Not enough ARP for any faction to raise new armies this round.

Obtaining Generals
=> Not enough ARP for any faction to obtain new generals this round.

kronenblatt

Round 2: Movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

Time for round 2's movement instructions by July 20 at the latest.
  • All major faction and client state faction armies get 12 MP each to be used for movement that round, provided however that:
    • an army having lost a battle in the previous round gets its movement allowance reduced to 6 MP, and further to 0 MP if reinforced (unless commanded by a general at the beginning of the Movement phase).
    • an army having drawn a battle in the previous round gets its movement allowance reduced to 6 MP if reinforced (unless commanded by a general at the beginning of the Movement phase).
  • In addition, all armies that at the beginning of the Movement phase are commanded by a general get an additional +4 MP, whether movement allowance has been reduced or not.
  • Movement instructions are expressed as a sequence of individual moves, with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by me).
    • For example, Roman army I: 2 4 2 6 0 6
  • Please send the movement instructions of your faction's armies by way of PM to me.
  • Your faction is free to decide whether a one player submits for all armies, each player for his own army or armies, or whatever what works for you.
  • However, if I receive any conflicting instructions, I'll use the ones received last (as long as not after the deadline).
  • I'll not open any of the other factions' PMs until I've published the movement instructions of my own faction.

kronenblatt

Round 2: Executed moves

Post by kronenblatt »

Edit: Egypt Army II decides to stay in Petra and complete the siege, but movement instructions below remain as is in order to keep and not "game" the "random" values.

kronenblatt

Round 2: Battle resolutions

Post by kronenblatt »

Two engagements in one and the same battle.

Battle 1
  • 1.1 Pontus Army Iii (1570 FP (3 = 4 + 1 - 2), edb1815) versus Rome Army I (1630 FP (4 = 4 + 1 - 1), carpenkm). Mediterranean Hilly (random value = 5, northwest of Pontus Army Iii). carpenkm sets up.
  • 1.2 Pontus Army III (1600 FP (3 = 4 + 1 - 2), kronenblatt) versus Rome Army II (1600 FP (3 = 4 - 1), SpeedyCM). Mediterranean Hilly (random value = 4, southwest of Pontus Army III). kronenblatt sets up.
The engagement will in Field of Glory II: Ancients be set up as follows:
  • Scenario: Open Battle.
  • Turn limit: 24 turns.
  • Map size: Wide (40 x 32).
  • Armies and allies: The two armies use their respective factions' army lists (no allies).

carpenkm
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: He Died Old (The Great Mithridatic War): Ongoing

Post by carpenkm »

battles up for edb1815

password - HDO1234
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

1.1 Pontus Army Iii (1570 FP (3 = 4 + 1 - 2), edb1815) versus Rome Army I (1630 FP (4 = 4 + 1 - 1), carpenkm). Mediterranean Hilly (random value = 5, northwest of Pontus Army Iii). carpenkm sets up.

Romans win 56- 24

The Romans took advantage of the rough terrain and won the central hill. With a strong position nullifying the Pontic Cav and a points advantage the proper Roman Legions showed up their imitations. Well played edb.
kronenblatt

Round 2: concluded battles

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1
  • 1.1 Pontus Army III (1570 FP (3 = 4 + 1 - 2), edb1815) versus Rome Army I (1630 FP (4 = 4 + 1 - 1), carpenkm). Mediterranean Hilly (random value = 5, northwest of Pontus Army Iii). carpenkm sets up.
    => Rome (-1) defeats Pontus (-2) 56-24.
  • 1.2 Pontus Army III (1600 FP (3 = 4 + 1 - 2), kronenblatt) versus Rome Army II (1600 FP (3 = 4 - 1), SpeedyCM). Mediterranean Hilly (random value = 4, southwest of Pontus Army III). kronenblatt sets up.
    => Rome (-1) defeats Pontus (-3) 63-34.
=> Roman victory!
=> Pontus Army III eliminated (due to size reduced to zero or below) and its commanding general Aristion correspondingly killed.

Adjusted army sizes after battles

kronenblatt

Round 2: administration

Post by kronenblatt »

The town of Myra (initial Defense value of 3) is besieged by Pontus army I (size of 5):
=> Myra's Defense value is reduced to -2 (3 - 5).
=> Pontus gains control over Myra.
=> Rome loses control over the province of Lycia & Pamphylia. (Not yet gained by Pontus who has to control at least half of the other (i.e., 1) towns and cities.)

The town of Petra (initial Defense value of 3) is besieged by Egypt army II (size of 4):
=> Petra's Defense value is reduced to -1 (3 - 4).
=> Egypt gains control over Petra and the province of Arabia Petraea.

carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Army I moves

Army II
6 4
kronenblatt

Round 3: Supply and upkeep

Post by kronenblatt »

SUPPLY
  • Armies are supplied to the extent provided through foraging in the hexes themselves (ports can also provide supply), as follows:
=> All armies are fully supplied this round.

UPKEEP
  • Upkeep cost is paid in the Supply and Upkeep phase, after having received the round's Army Replacement Points, adding to the factions' current Army Replacement Points pools, as follows:
    • Pontus: 0 + 24 = 24.
    • Rome: 2 + 24 = 26.
    • Armenia: 0 + 8 = 8.
    • Egypt: 3 + 12 = 15.
    • Syria: 0 + 8 = 8.
  • Upkeep cost for each army amounts to 2 plus its current size in Army Replacement Points (i.e., 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
  • After payment of upkeep costs, Army Replacement Points remain as follows:
    • Pontus: 6 (-18).
    • Rome: 5 (-21).
    • Armenia: 2 (-6).
    • Egypt: 6 (-9).
    • Syria: 0 (-8).

kronenblatt

Round 3: Recruitment

Post by kronenblatt »

Reinforcing Existing Armies
  • Existing armies can in the Recruitment phase be reinforced up to size 5 (of its original size) in a controlled and unsieged town or city in a currently controlled province.
  • The cost of reinforcing an existing army amounts to twice the size increase in Army Replacement Points (e.g., 2 Army Replacement Points if reinforcing from size 3 to 4).
(Please note that reinforcing armies that lost or drew battles in the previous round will reduce their movement allowance, unless commanded by generals.)

Raising New Armies
  • A new army can in the Recruitment phase be raised in any hex containing a controlled and unsieged town or city and located in an originally controlled province, provided that there is no enemy army within 6 MP.
  • Armies can only be raised in sizes 2, 3, 4, and 5 (i.e., not 1).
  • The cost of raising a new army amounts to 4 plus twice such size in Army Replacement Points (i.e., 8, 10,12, 14).
Obtaining Generals
  • New generals (whether replacing killed ones or not) can be obtained at a cost of 4 Army Replacement Points, provided that the new general can then only appear in the hex of an army located in a controlled and unsieged town or city (whether the province is currently controlled or not).
  • Once having been obtained in such a way, the general will start commanding that army with immediate effect.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Rome uses 4 of its 5 ARP to reinforce +1 in each of Roman I and Roman II.

Egypt uses its 6 ARP to reinforce +3 in Egypt I.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

Pontus adds general Archelaus to Pontic army I.

kronenblatt

Round 3: Movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

Time for round 3's movement instructions.
  • All major faction and client state faction armies get 12 MP each to be used for movement that round, provided however that:
    • an army having lost a battle in the previous round gets its movement allowance reduced to 6 MP, and further to 0 MP if reinforced (unless commanded by a general at the beginning of the Movement phase).
    • an army having drawn a battle in the previous round gets its movement allowance reduced to 6 MP if reinforced (unless commanded by a general at the beginning of the Movement phase).
  • In addition, all armies that at the beginning of the Movement phase are commanded by a general get an additional +4 MP, whether movement allowance has been reduced or not.
  • Movement instructions are expressed as a sequence of individual moves, with no other symbols in between, only blanks (for easy copy-pasting by me).
    • For example, Roman army I: 2 4 2 6 0 6
  • Please send the movement instructions of your faction's armies by way of PM to me.
  • Your faction is free to decide whether a one player submits for all armies, each player for his own army or armies, or whatever what works for you.
  • However, if I receive any conflicting instructions, I'll use the ones received last (as long as not after the deadline).
  • I'll not open any of the other faction's PMs until I've published the movement instructions of my own faction.

kronenblatt

Round 3: Roman movement instructions

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt

Round 3: Executed moves

Post by kronenblatt »

kronenblatt

Round 3: Battle resolutions

Post by kronenblatt »

Battle 1
  • 1.1 Pontus Army I (1630 FP (5=5+1-1), edb1815) versus Rome Army II (1570 FP (4=4+1-1), carpenkm). Mediterranean Hilly (random value = 4, southwest of Rome Army II (being the smaller army) but immediately smaller number with land hex is 1, so northeast). carpenkm sets up.
Battle 2
  • 2.1 Pontus Army IV (1600 FP (2=3-1), Triarii) versus Rome Army I (1600 FP (2=4-2), kronenblatt). Mediterranean Hilly (random value = 4, southwest of Pontus Army IV). Triarii sets up.
  • 2.2 Armenia Army I (1660 FP (4=4+1-1), edb1815) versus Rome Army I (1540 FP (2=4-2), kronenblatt). Mediterranean Agricultural (random value = 10, Clear=Agricultural is used). kronenblatt sets up.
Battle 3
  • 3.1 Egypt Army I (1720 FP (4=4+1-1), carpenkm) versus Judea Army I (1480 FP (0=1-2), Triarii). Mediterranean Agricultural (random value = 8, Clear=Agricultural is used). Triarii sets up.
  • 3.2 Egypt Army II (1660 FP (2=4-2), carpenkm) versus Judea Army I (1540 FP (0=1-2), edb1815). Mediterranean Agricultural (random value = 8, Clear=Agricultural is used). edb1815 sets up.
The engagement will in Field of Glory II: Ancients be set up as follows:
  • Scenario: Open Battle.
  • Turn limit: 24 turns.
  • Map size: Wide (40 x 32).
  • Armies and allies: The two armies use their respective factions' army lists (no allies).

carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

Pontus Army I (1630 FP (5=5+1-1), edb1815) versus Rome Army II (1570 FP (4=4+1-1), carpenkm). Mediterranean Hilly (random value = 4, southwest of Rome Army II (being the smaller army) but immediately smaller number with land hex is 1, so northeast). carpenkm sets up.

Battle set up - pw is edb1815

Cheers

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”