PBEM++ Server Warning // Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitve battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.
Murishi
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

PBEM++ Server Warning // Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector

Post by Murishi »

I just received this email and don't understand why I am being notified. I have not taken any actions to download turns multiple times and i'm even less impressed that i'm being threated with suspension from multiplayer and told to make a forum post, where is your tech support specific email?

The server tracks all actions taken by all users in the PBEM++ system and we notice that you have consistently downloaded your turns multiple times.
Please contact technical support via www.slitherine.com/forum to resolve the issue or you may find you are unable to continue to use the PBEM++ server system.
BoothyBaby
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: PBEM++ Server Warning // Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector

Post by BoothyBaby »

Something weird seems to be going on at the moment.

I had a load of issues with the game freezing last week, but no issues this weekend, but have got about four server warnings this weekend despite all the games loading flawlessly (although, some took longer than normal to load so maybe something is glitching on the server end there?)
ElvisThiel

Post by ElvisThiel »

Same here, got a lot of server warnings emails, I was having a lot of issues with the game, couldn’t create a match, then 7 of what I was trying to create appeared, glitches in graphics, freezes, I don’t want to get banned, is there something we can do?
ElvisThiel

Post by ElvisThiel »

Same here, got a lot of server warnings emails, I was having a lot of issues with the game, couldn’t create a match, then 7 of what I was trying to create appeared, glitches in graphics, freezes, I don’t want to get banned, is there something we can do?
BoothyBaby

Post by BoothyBaby »

Guess all we can do is wait for business hours on Monday and hope they work out what’s going wrong.
DungeonDaddy

Post by DungeonDaddy »

Glad to see it’s not just me, but it seems like a widespread issue. Hopefully they recognize the issue is on their side and don’t take punitive actions. I’m not sure there’s any recorded instance of the latter, but still. Sucks to get a stern warning email 😅
Flipkik

Post by Flipkik »

I am having the same issue. I've had a few crashes upon uploading turn after which it turned out I had to redo my turn, a few extremely long upload times and other already reported here issue's. I've recieved two warning mails one of which straight after an extremely long turn upload where I didn't even need to reload the turn cause it eventualy did upload it...

Edit: And in trying to post this message it the forum lagged out and then turned out to have posted the message twice :roll: (I deleted one)
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi All,

Thank you for taking the time to make these reports, they will help us with evaluating the system and confirming it's behaviour. We'll look into whitelisting users who are receiving these reports erroneously
Flipkik

Post by Flipkik »

Since my last post I've had a crash with an actual error message this time upon upload. The game then proceeded to freeze like the other crashes on turn upload.

Instantly got another mail this time saying if this goes on I won't be able to use the server again. :(
ElvisThiel

Post by ElvisThiel »

Have played a lot of turns today, just got an email saying I am warned for reloading, did not happen at all, if someone I’m playing reloads does it trigger a warning for both of us?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

ElvisThiel wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:20 pm Have played a lot of turns today, just got an email saying I am warned for reloading, did not happen at all, if someone I’m playing reloads does it trigger a warning for both of us?
Did you perhaps redownload yesterday - the mail could have taken some time to come through. Otherwise please reach out to support@slitherine.co.uk with your details (and perhaps a copy of the mail, including the timestamp) and we can take a look at the logs.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector”