Release notes. 1.0.9
- Ship damage segment overhaul & visualisation system.
> Mouse over the segment name in the Ship Info panel and the corresponding segment will be highlighted on the ship. Segments are also highlighted in the Repairs screen.
> Damage calculations have been updated so that projectiles hitting a ship match the visualisation.
- Added ability to rename Officers, once recruited
- Changed fighter AI logic when selecting targets to bias towards other fighter squadrons, especially ones that are targeting them
- Added a multiplayer slow down and no fly zone, called the Operational Zone, to reduce griefing
> Updated "Refinery" and "Dark Nebula" to include more environmental elements to support the Operational Zone boundaries
- Cylon Fleets now have greater variation of fleets at every stage of the game, including smaller fleets during mid- & late-game so that inexperience commanders have a greater change of survival
- Made the ship projections a shade of yellow color if they are moved during the current turn (when not selected)
- Made squadrons slightly avoid other squadrons so they don't overlap, making it easier to see and select fighters during combat
- Added 'TAB' key as a non-remappable standalone only button to select the next ship (in the battle scene)
- Added a back button/prompt to the pre-practice panels in multiplayer after selecting the map and fleet points. This hides the multiplayer tab buttons. Esc key will now also go back when in the pre practice panels.
- Minor subsystem position reassignments across some ships
- Post battle screen adjustments:
> By default, the ship that did the most damage is selected in the post battle panel
> Added the opponent/ally in the post battle screen for multiplayer games
> Added a time and date to the bottom left for multiplayer games
> Added an Enemy Ships Destroyed stat
> Fixed Bug: Damage dealt isn't tracked if versing the same faction in multiplayer
- Various minor UI improvements for gamepad users:
> Added 'Y' for battle functions menu gamepad prompt to battle scene
> Added the subsystem being repaired to the repairing 3D label
> Made the subsystem health bar flash white in the ship info panel if it was being repaired
> Added a repair icon animation next to the ship info panel subsystem if it was being repaired (only on gamepad)
> The gamepad left stick direction is now used to select ship action menu buttons
> Added some acceleration to the Dpad when positioning a ship in the battle scene
- Prevented a recorded replay from being cancelled before it was setup properly
- Prevented issue whereby double-clicking the record autocam button resulted in start recording being called twice
- Refactored all tutorials when using a gamepad
- Pressing Enter now confirms missile targeting, focus fire, posture, repairing, hacking and cylon system processes.
- Fixed Bug: Achievement issues :
> Articles of Colonization (achievement not updating when resuming a save file)
> Fixed all progress achievements on steam not updating properly
- Fixed Bug: Screen resolution issue with 4:3 screens (scaled by width if below 16:9 aspect ratio, and shifted back camera for 3D UI in war room for lower aspect ratios)
- Fixed Bug: Cancelling a squadron launch command will remove all launch squadron command icons for the mothership
- FIX: Disabled the sending of any UI navigation events while in MouseAndKeyboard mode.
- Fixed Bug: gamepad prompts in battle scene didn't have support for Russian characters
- Fixed firewall boost not working when raptors were docked
- Fixed bug where raptors stayed docked with targets after a move command was given (the docked icon remained, while the raptor squadron flew away)
- Fixed bug where subsystem strength was used for quadrant colours in repair subsystems panel, instead of subsystem health
- FIX: Wardriver Missile Jammer now looks for missiles not on the same team instead of looking for faction
- FIX: Post battle panel now uses "WITH" text instead of "VS" for co-op matches
- Fixed Bug: Highlighting issue for fleet index widgets on gamepad.
- Fixed bug where the shipListIndexWidget appeared briefly after selecting a jump location.
- Fixed Bug with TutorialManager where gamepad buttons were disabled even though the tutorial was set to story events only.
- Fixed Issue: Skirmish maps previews take too long to load in
- Fixed Bug: Enable D-pad for functions menus
- FIX: Made chaff clouds savable in mid battle
- Fixed Bug: Post battle screen sometimes did not appear after a co-op MP match
- Fixed Bug: Cannot overwrite saved games or load a game from options menu when using a gamepad
- Fixed Bug: Missing german "flavour" text when zoomed in to a planet
- FIX: Fixed issue where gamepad buttons appeared in keyboard and mouse mode
- Fixed Bug: Exception in War Room after saving diplomat mission
- Fixed Bug: Flak stops when a flak command has been created
- Video recorder feature sometimes fails to complete, requiring the game to be restarted. We are still working on this.