Naval Battles and AI turn lenght

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

StuccoFresco
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Naval Battles and AI turn lenght

Post by StuccoFresco »

So... why does the AI take so much time thinking about its moves in naval maps? Even with very basic commands, every AI side is thinking about how to advance in open sea, with no enemy units in sight, for a full minute.

Is the pathfinding making too many calculations? Is the map just too big (i wanted some space to maneuver multiple groups so it's 100x80)? Too many AI Groups (16)? Too many units (around 70)?
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Naval Battles and AI turn lenght

Post by Zbrozlo »

Either there are too many teams or units with the same hex to achieve. I'm currently trying to solve this issue in the land version. Have you tried using the 'defend hex' combination instead of 'capture hex'?
StuccoFresco

Post by StuccoFresco »

Zbrozlo wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:33 pm Either there are too many teams or units with the same hex to achieve. I'm currently trying to solve this issue in the land version. Have you tried using the 'defend hex' combination instead of 'capture hex'?
Land battles don't have this problem and I'm sure it's not a same hex target so I'm stumped. Maybe the "naval seek and destroy" makes the AI go wild with pathfinding.
Zbrozlo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Zbrozlo »

I assure You that such a problem occurs in land battles under specific conditions. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with naval battles. In land battles, the issue is resolved through a combination of other tasks rather than 'go to hex.' In too difficult terrain or tight passageways, and with numerous units, it often leads to AI endless thing.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”