Tech support for Team Assault

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

MajorDavid
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

A few issues.

Post by MajorDavid »

I have found a few issues with TA,

I installed the game and the accompanying programs, rebooted and every time I fire up Team Assault I get a error stating some kind of video can't play, I get the error box twice. I cancel out the boxes and the game fires up. Any idea on this??

While playing one game with the pre-gen teams one of my US Teams was semi transparent, not sure why. I have only seen this once so far.

Some of the vehicles on the battle field don't have a shadow while others do. If you need screen shots let me know.

Lastly it would be nice to see some higher res models, the wheels on the US jeep are octogons and this game doesn't move fast so it's not like higher res models would slow it down.

Running on a Win7 64, GeForce 460, core i5 system. Latest Nvidia driver.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: A few issues.

Post by Xerkis »

Sorry for your issues there. The video situation is known – and I do believe Zeal is trying to figure it out.

The semi Transparent squads you mention, I think those are the ones that have the Frog Skin outfits so they are in “stealth mode” and the enemy can’t see them either.

All the graphic issues you mention, I’m glad this game does have lower graphics – or it would be a problem for me and my laptop. I truly understand – and envy you and your powerhouse PC to be able to have no worries with this area.
:)
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

Ye. The video issues when starting the game on some computers are known to us. We're looking into it.

Semi-transperant squads are those that have stealth, as Xerkis said :)

Vehicles missing shadows could just be us not having set their materials correct. It could also be some kind of problem that occurs when the game is loaded. If the same object lacks shadows every time you play the same map, please let us know because then it's probably in the materials.

We want to keep the polygon count on our models not too high to make the game run well on as many computers as possible. Octagonal wheels I'm afraid you'll have to get used to for a few years to come still in top view games ;)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Laxen wrote:We want to keep the polygon count on our models not too high to make the game run well on as many computers as possible. Octagonal wheels I'm afraid you'll have to get used to for a few years to come still in top view games ;)
I - for one - thank you for this
:)

Return to “Team Assault : Tech Support”