Soviet revolution

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

trulster
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Soviet revolution

Post by trulster »

Something seems off in the game mechanics here, had a game where in one turn Lenin arrives, instantly Soviet Revolution happens and then next turn Treaty of Brest-Litvosk and Russia has surrendered. According to the manual should be 6-8 turns from Soviet Revolution to surrender? If code wasn't changed this should be looked at, a bit gamey if there is no chance to react.
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Soviet revolution

Post by Robotron »

I can't find anything that could lead to Lenin arriving and Soviet Revolution happening on the same turn. There's only one function that can trigger the Soviet Revolution and only after a delay of 3-5 turns (instead of 6-8 as mentioned in the manual) after Lenin arrives. Looks fine to me and should be working okay but as you say it does not which is puzzling.

Is this from a solo or PBEM match? If it's from a PBEM match it might be caused by your opponent using an old version of the mod.

Were Petrograd and/or Moscow captured by CP?

Anyway, since that part of the scripts was quite messy I've rewritten it (maybe fixing the problem by doing so) and the manual will be updated for the next release, so consider the bug fixed for V12.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
trulster

Re: Soviet revolution

Post by trulster »

Yep forgot to mention, but neither Petrograd nor Moscow captured. PBEM, no idea of version but would guess opponent has the latest one as myself. BTW when ca is v12 out, I suppose better not to start any games if it is imminentish.

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”