Ice road Truckers game.

iPhone: Take control of these huge 18 wheelers and brave the Ice Roads.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Nightowl2525
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Ice road Truckers game.

Post by Nightowl2525 »

Hi,is it possable to get ice road trucker game for a nokia 5800 music express please.
Phil .
Do it today there might not be a tomorow.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I'm afraid that isn't going to happen, or is at least extremely unlikely ;). Doing general mobile development is something of a nightmare, with 100s of handsets with differing profiles, and a minefield of provider and handset owner dealings and licensing. Hence the lack of an explosion of apps as seen on the iPhone. Irrespective of it as a platform, the iPhone/iTouch does provide a single target to develop for, and a simple and fair licensing approach.

Sorry!

Pip
hammer4995

Post by hammer4995 »

When are you going to add more roads, trucks or improve the game. As a paid user of the game, it would be nice to see you support us............
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Hammer

thanks for the mail. We've released a load of extra content already - probably as much as we can afford to do for free. The game has doubled in size. Support is about making sure it works, not providing more free content. Unless there is a subscription fee of some sort there is no budget to keep adding content. Another option is to charge for in app purchases but I don;t know how many people woudl be interested in buying more tracks & trucks.

What kind of things would you pay for and how much would you pay?

Thanks again for the feedback

The Slitherine Team
Valen

Post by Valen »

iainmcneil wrote:Support is about making sure it works, not providing more free content.

The Slitherine Team
Perhaps you'll look into fixing this, then. I should have posted it here, first.
This game, for the PS3 anyways, is incomplete. The leaderboard does not allow signing your name, after completing the last ice road. Why is that?
We realize that you are not a charity, but please remember, neither are your paying customers. And none of us want to subsidize software that was released prematurely, without proper testing.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The game has had a huge amount of testing but there are always things that sneak through.

The game is only designed for PSP so any PS3 leader board features may not be 100% compatible, but we'll look in to it and when/if an update is released try and get a fix if possible.
Valen

Post by Valen »

iainmcneil wrote:The game has had a huge amount of testing but there are always things that sneak through.

The game is only designed for PSP so any PS3 leader board features may not be 100% compatible, but we'll look in to it and when/if an update is released try and get a fix if possible.
Should it be sold as a PS3 mini then, if it wasn't designed with the PS3 in mind?

Anyways, it would be nice to see a fix, as it's an enjoyable time-killer, otherwise. (Trophy features would be a nice addition, if anyone's asking.) ;)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Its a requirement that it runs on the PS3, so we had to do it! :)

Thanks for the suggestions. We're keeping a list in case we ever do a version 2!
Valen

Post by Valen »

iainmcneil wrote:Its a requirement that it runs on the PS3, so we had to do it! :)

Thanks for the suggestions. We're keeping a list in case we ever do a version 2!
Cheesecake pics of Lisa Kelly would be rewarding. (Half-kidding, Lisa! ;) )
maddyable

Re: Ice road Truckers game.

Post by maddyable »

Free online games come to be a much more popular field of gaming. The most important explanation for this is most probably the typically very simple, but addicting game principles.
SSLConf_janemcready

Re: Ice road Truckers game.

Post by SSLConf_janemcready »

I have the game. ice road trucker downloaded in my android phone but I am not sure whether the same is available with Nokia phone. I love this game and I spent hours playing this. As someone stated above adding new roads, trucks, levels etc to improve the game is a great idea. Hope you guys will consider it soon.

JANE

Return to “HISTORY™ Ice Road Truckers”