Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Moderator: Pocus

nikossaiz
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: [MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.0 Released (Compatible with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by nikossaiz »

Good job! happy to hear you finished your mod! Ill check it as soon as possible and will send feedback!
Pico2014
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.0 Released (Compatible with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by Pico2014 »

Impressive work.
Any chance of combining this mod with the Table Top Mod for FOGE? As you alter some of the base game files it may be not compatible/working properly i think? But i'm not into it so maybe it works?
Would be awesome, if a combination/compatibility is actually possible or would be possible in the future.
Because i really enjoy playing battles in FOG2 using the FOGE TTMod. Could imagine that it fits quite well, because barbarorum mod also uses some Unit textures from the TTMod.

Regards
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Hi!

I believe I'll be able to integrate French Dude's Table Top Mod (for which he graciously already gave his permission) and I intend to.

I'll have to take a closer look into the files, though, to try to understand their inner workings.

Expect news relatively soon.

Cheers!
Pico2014
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Pico2014 »

Glad to hear that! Really looking forward.
Thank you for your effort.

grateful regards :)
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Donwload link updated with new version which integrates French Dude's Empires: Table Top Mod, which you can also download from here: https://mega.nz/folder/JY8XCaaJ#P1EOB6VKi850NrLLVHEkUg

To install it, simply follow the installation instructions in the 2nd post and overwrite when asked.

I haven't had the opportunity to test it thoroughly, but I believe it should be working alright.

Cheers!
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

Hello Bercor,

Thanks for your MOd.

I downloaded and using the version that has TTmod integratted . i have to say the unit sellection gives the game a hall new perspective. Only things id like to mention is ( if it is not a bad installation or anything else on my side ) that the icons of the "proximity distance mod" arent shown properly. instead of the redish squears with latin numbers i get a broken blue icon. Further more the colors that you are using for the diadochi i believe are intentional. because especialy with macedon, it is really difficult to tell the diference between rebels for example. Could you please alter them with a less subtle color, like dark blue?
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

having a bit of a trouble installig this, i have followed the instructions but the games units/names remane the same as in the vanilla game. i can choose the ode to europa barbarorum scenario but everything else is the same.
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Hi nikossaiz and gaius,

Sorry for both of your problems, that is my fault as I forgot to add the UI and text files files in the last download link which includes the TT mod.

Please download from this link (https://mega.nz/folder/cIkGGBzA#CAnvjpgR5EgKYnf8QwbPew), and follow this instructions:

1. Download the files from the link above;
2. Inside the downloaded folder "Ode to Europa Barbarorum" you will find two folders: (i) "Data" and (ii) "SCENARIOS";
3. Copy the "Data" folders and copy it into your Field of Glory: Empires folder located in Steam/steamapps/common and overwrite everything (this will actually change the Units' names and the UI in the base game files which should affect the vanilla campaign or any other mods - to revert this simply right click Field of Glory: Empires in Steam, go to Local Files and click "Verify the integrity of game files");
4. Copy the "SCENARIOS" folder to your "FieldOfGloryEmpires" folder wihch should be located in Documents/My Games;
5. Launch the game and choose the campaign "Ode to Europa Barbarorum";
6. Enjoy the mod!

This fix should be save-game compatible.

Hopefully everything should be solved!

Please let me know.

As for Macedon's color, I'll change it in the next version which should also add new banners for every faction.
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

thanks man for the quick fix and respond!
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

helo, i played a few turns with your mod, again i have to say the variaty of units is a good step forward.

I have a few things to mention though.

a) a strange bug that occured ( see pic ) with the giant army model on map. also i can rotate the map anymore.

b) some of the units exported to fog2 ( using the tt mod ) seem wrong. for example for macedon, your hoplites haploi ( cheap units ) exported into macedonikoi thurheophoroi while the more expensive hoplites classical exported into generic thurheophoroi. also the kelto-galic mercenary units of the hellenic factions exported into a naked romphaiophoroi ( like from upper dunabe ) without the ttmod the units are exported into fog2 more precise?

anyway keep up the good work!
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Hi nikossaiz,

Regarding your remarks:

a) Yup, I've added so many models that some scaling issues were bound to happen, as I didn't test every one of them. If you want to fix it, download the Squads file from here: https://easyupload.io/58uctv, drop it in Document/MyGames/FieldOfGloryEmpires/SCENARIOS/Ode_to_Europa_Barbarorum/DATA, and overwrite the one which is currently there. Please report any other scaling issues you may find. As for the map rotation, you have to unlock it in the options (not sure why the mod would cause it to lock it...).

b) Well, I haven't change anything from French Dude's TT Mod, only integrate it as is, so those kind of discrepancies are inevitable. I plan to completely rework the unit conversion in accordance with my faction's rosters in the next version of the mod .

Cheers
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

That was quite a fast hotfix, thanks bercor!
I can understand that a mod of this scale can have a few glitches. I also finished this year a mod of mine about units, for the medieval 2 ( https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthr ... st15904246 ) and was really difficult to iron it .

I thought that you didnt change French dude mod.

Really looking forward for the next release then! Banners, more distinctive colours and ( hopefully) correct ttmod exported units will make justice to the game. Propably the first big empires overhaul?

Ps . I was more of a Roman surrectum die hard and only played a few campaigns with Europa barbarorum but I am beginning to love the inspiration of yours :)
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

maybe in the next version thureophoroi could only spawn after a certain date/building build?
because as of now about half of citizen hoplites and various units belonging to armies that didnt field that type of unit( the sennones gallic tribe bruttian infantry spawns as such), spawn as theureophoroi. a suggestion would be to be available after 280bc.
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

. maybe in the next version thureophoroi could only spawn after a certain date/building build?

Im not 100% sure but i believe the connection between units from empires to fog2 hasnt anything to do with buildings or timeframe. It is a list that match one unit to another straight forward ( sadly an excel file that i cant mod easily ) on the next "ode to europa barbarorum" update these among others are the things that the moder will address.
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

The way Ode to Europa Barbarorum works right now is that Hellenic factions start with access to Hoplitai Haploi and Hoplitai as their two main infantry units. However, both those units can be later upgraded to Thureophoroi and Thorakitai, respectively, with the Hellenes losing access to the hoplite units, to represent the shift in hellenic warfare during the 3rd century BC.

As for FoGII conversion, a major rework in accordance with this mod is planned.
Jervaj
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Jervaj »

I wanted to try your mod, but the scenario didn't appear, and I seemed to lack the other sub mods included. I did got the new unit names though. Whats the file that should be downloaded? The OP or some of the later links you posted?

Thanks in advance
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Hi Jervaj,

The link in the second post in this thread is updated, so that should be the one you download.

If the names and Ui changes appear but not the scenario, it seems to me that you haven't pasted the SCENARIOS folder (which is inside the downloaded Ode to Europa Barbarorum) in its correct location. You should paste it in Documents/My Games/FieldOfGloryEmpires, and not on Steam/steamapps/common/Field of Glory: Empires, which is where the other data folder should be pasted (you've done this part correctly, apparently).

Let me know if this helps!
Jervaj

Post by Jervaj »

Bercor wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:13 pm Hi Jervaj,

The link in the second post in this thread is updated, so that should be the one you download.

If the names and Ui changes appear but not the scenario, it seems to me that you haven't pasted the SCENARIOS folder (which is inside the downloaded Ode to Europa Barbarorum) in its correct location. You should paste it in Documents/My Games/FieldOfGloryEmpires, and not on Steam/steamapps/common/Field of Glory: Empires, which is where the other data folder should be pasted (you've done this part correctly, apparently).

Let me know if this helps!
Thanks for the quick answer!

Unfortunately it is pasted there. In fact after that failed I did try to do it in the "mistaken" directory you mention too. Neither yielded a result.
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Jervaj wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:59 pm

Unfortunately it is pasted there. In fact after that failed I did try to do it in the "mistaken" directory you mention too. Neither yielded a result.
That is really strange...

Your Documents/MyGames/FieldOfGloryEmpires/SCENARIOS folder looks like this?

Anyway, you can try this workaround:
https://mega.nz/folder/BNUhyARL#pe_nMBtXQlrvEFU8-RjVgg

Just download the "Field of Glory Empires" folder from the link above, paste it in Steam/steamapps/common and overwrite everything. This should turn your regular Field of Glory Empires campaign into Ode to Europa Barbarorum.
Jervaj

Post by Jervaj »

Bercor wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:52 pm
Jervaj wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:59 pm

That is really strange...

Your Documents/MyGames/FieldOfGloryEmpires/SCENARIOS folder looks like this?

Anyway, you can try this workaround:
https://mega.nz/folder/BNUhyARL#pe_nMBtXQlrvEFU8-RjVgg

Just download the "Field of Glory Empires" folder from the link above, paste it in Steam/steamapps/common and overwrite everything. This should turn your regular Field of Glory Empires campaign into Ode to Europa Barbarorum.
Uhmm, it doesnt look like that though. Im supposed to copy the "SCENARIOS" folder from the download into mine right? In that case it looks like this:

Should I create a folder with the mod name inside scenarios and put there the downlaoded files?

Return to “MOD”